Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews

Typical School Day
Extended School Day Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 16, 2019
I enjoyed working with the children. It was different every day and that was an adventure. I worked with some great ladies that helped make long days easier. My supervisor tried to make the workplace more enjoyable by having different quotes posted for us to read before we scanned in.
I learned a lot and was apart of a great team.
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 13, 2019
Working at this college teaches me a lot about various kinds of cleaning supplies and the different tools to use when cleaning different types of messes.
Loved my Job but not how it's run
Sports Facilities Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2019
I loved my job but the management does not know what they are doing. They promote people who have been at the school for a long time who do not know what they are doing and no one communicates with each
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 19, 2019
I highly enjoy my time at work. I am able to develop skills while getting paid. I enjoy working with great people. I enjoy the uniqueness of the job. I feel that we are a team striving for one purpose.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
24/7scheduling
Working Student
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Escambia County, FLMarch 11, 2019
a Private School that runs entirely on itself. All the staff I worked with were 95% students which are also made up of the supervisors. The opportunity to work is great. But Balancing hours in conjunction with mandatory Events and classes can be tiring.
Good experience and extra income for students
Work Assistance: Special Events Catering (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2019
Events are scheduled for different students, so one does not always cater at each event. Special Events Catering demonstrates a level of professionalism that cannot be found everywhere. There are sometimes issues with coordination of responsibilities, but management ensures that each event runs smoothly to provide an enjoyable time for others. Each work shift may have someone new to work with, considering not everyone in the department is scheduled for every shift. Students, however, are given their responsibilities and complete it to its fullest degree. The most difficult part of this job is staying on time for completion of assignments. This is mostly because of the uniqueness of each event, which causes difficulty in estimations for how long a project will take. The enjoyable parts of the job is working with those you know from around campus and looking at your income when payday arrives.
efficient, clean, and friendly environment
manager, and cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Strict and efficient management, skills involving rock wall belayer and lifeguarding required, consistently clean environment, and very friendly and hardworking staff.
it was a good place to work
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day at work was a hard day all the time, but i didn't mind it, i liked it. Some times I would do the ordinary things like prune, mow, etc. but every once in a while i would learn something new. I got along with my manager fine and he distributed the work load fairly. it's really humid in Florida, but in the winter it's nice and i personally enjoy the weather then.
Pros
waking up early to work
Cons
no breaks
Calm and pleasant office environment
General cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with customers because I saw new people every day. My supervisor was very helpful and accommodating. My fellow workers made my workday very enjoyable and we all got along very well.
it was a college job
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 29, 2018
I worked on the grass crew. It was part time. We mostly cleaned flower beds and mowed the grounds. It was really slow and boring and we did not get any benefits.
Pensacola Christian College is a quality place to work.
Sunday morning team leader (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 21, 2018
I have worked here for over three years, and as a worker and college student, they will work with you to make sure you can take classes as well as get in hours at work.
Awesome Work expirence
RESIDENCE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2018
Great experience, It taught me a lot about people and working with higher levels of mangement. I would recommend to anyone to consider working for Pensacola Christian College
GA review: acceptable
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 16, 2018
Getting my masters in the GA program was the hardest thing I ever did. I learned so much, and was even able to put some money aside (despite the low pay for GAs). I gave the program a 4/5 because of my personal growth, close friends, and kind mentors of the two years.
Pros
Free meals, cheap housing, earn your degree while making money
Cons
Stressful, stressful, stressful. Negatively impacted my mental health.
Working at PCC is a convenient way to pay off your bills.
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2018
I am currently an RA at PCC. I love this job. I love being able to interact with the people and getting so many leadership opportunities. It has been a great balance to have time for school and be able to work just by leaving my room.
Pros
being with people all the time
Cons
having to constantly be "on call" and deal with hard situations
Excellent place
Traveling singing college ensemble pianist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This is a one of a kind place with excellent atmosphere, encouraging co-workers, and a challenging spiritual focus. I love this place and always enjoy going back to visit
Pros
Atmosphere
Great college- strict rules
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Pensacola Christian college is a great place to further your Christian based faith along with making great friends however, if you are not kind to strict rules and bed times then this is not the place to attend.
DIfficult for the pay
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 19, 2018
I was paid minimum wage and the job was extremely difficult because we were understaffed for the amount of people who ate during lunch and breakfast hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay, Understaffed
Typical student jobs
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 29, 2018
PCC offers many opportunities for students to work at minimum wage to help them pay for their tuition or simply for spending money. Management tends to be onerous, but not too difficult.
Pros
Free lunches, job security
Cons
No advancement, low wages
Productive and fun workplace with creative people
FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 25, 2018
I am mostly working on front-end part of college-related websites such as with Javascript and Bootstrap. It was a productive and enjoyable workplace because the co-workers were very helpful, flexible and easy to communicate to. Co-workers as well as supervisors were super friendly and reachable. I have personally learned a lot about new stuff i never had my hands on before like Bootstrap and jQuery. I also learned a lot about interpersonal skills through communication and time management through time-recording. I'd say that the hardest part of the job was fixing or updating some features of the website where there are no clear documentation but it was definitely most enjoyable when we were able to figure stuff out and when people bring food in the office.
It was a great experience overall
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2018
I worked in two different areas at PCC. First, in plumbing, I was blessed with awesome supervisors and mentors who were extremely patient and willing to help instruct us students to allow us to perform at our best. For lab assisting, my supervisor for that wanted me to not only help with basic lab procedural instruction, but he also promoted my answering student inquiries about materials covered. In both work areas, my supervisors were supportive, caring, and willing to push me to help me achieve more than what I set out to do.

They also sometimes surprised us with food, which is always a bonus!
Pros
Many covered expenses during summers(room and board, meals, etc.), flexible hours
Cons
strict dress codes, weather in FL is aweful