Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews for Resident Assistant

Working at PCC is a convenient way to pay off your bills.
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2018
I am currently an RA at PCC. I love this job. I love being able to interact with the people and getting so many leadership opportunities. It has been a great balance to have time for school and be able to work just by leaving my room.
Pros
being with people all the time
Cons
having to constantly be "on call" and deal with hard situations
Good for paying the bills
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 17, 2018
Working at PCC is great to help with the school bills. There are several jobs available on campus. Unfortunately you dont always get to pick the job you want.
Underpaid and overworked but good experience
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2017
This was a very good job for me to have as a college student, and it was a great experience for me personally. The hours are good, but the pay is not. you are basically at their mercy when they need you... it was a low level job, but i would recommend it to anyone, despite my views.
Pros
Late hours
Cons
Set paid hours per week
Good school, not great to work for
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Good school, not great to work for. They really value upper management well above students. working hard for minimum wage, with a changing contract that did not provide enough $ to pay for school like they said it would.
Pros
good school
Cons
rough management
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2016
Great place to work and staff. I've learned a lot while working there. And gained a lot of experience. Thankful for the opportunity I had working for Pensacola Christian College.
Great place to work as a college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 23, 2015
It was a great place to work on campus as a college student. It gave me a schedule to work with my classes and helped pay off my college bill
Pros
Bosses that cared, and great friends to work with
Cons
Not always the way I would run things, but then again, where is?
Residence assistant
residence assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 28, 2014
I was in charge of 7th floor young tower to keep the hall running smoothly, making sure it is kept under control. It was a fun experience to get to know all the students on and off my hall as an RA. There were about 120 students on my hall alone.
Pros
Got to know students and help them in their college career.
Cons
Took time away from studying for myself.
Great atmosphere, Has the ability to fit work schedules and class schedules together
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 30, 2013
As a Picker working with the Distribution Center, a typical day could get rather dull and monotonous, but the atmosphere was still great, with good friendly co-workers and excellent management

As a Residence Assistant, there was no such thing as a typical day at work. It was not a job to "clock in" for, but rather, there were certain duties that were shared with a coworker at set times (like ensuring cleanliness or order in the building), but there were also many other aspects of the job that involved anything from counseling guys going through tough situations to addressing policy violations around campus to taking someone to the hospital at 3 am. The residence managers do their best to work with you and can effectively ensure you are doing your job while still allowing you to handle situations however you deem fit. The most enjoyable part of the job was always seeing guys grow closer to God, and sharing that joy with them.
Working part time while beign a full-time student
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 28, 2013
A great opportunity to cultivate work ethic, to gain customer service skills, and to work together as a team while being a full-time student.