Pensacola Christian College Management reviews

Loved my Job but not how it's run
Sports Facilities Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2019
I loved my job but the management does not know what they are doing. They promote people who have been at the school for a long time who do not know what they are doing and no one communicates with each
efficient, clean, and friendly environment
manager, and cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Strict and efficient management, skills involving rock wall belayer and lifeguarding required, consistently clean environment, and very friendly and hardworking staff.
Typical student jobs
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 29, 2018
PCC offers many opportunities for students to work at minimum wage to help them pay for their tuition or simply for spending money. Management tends to be onerous, but not too difficult.
Pros
Free lunches, job security
Cons
No advancement, low wages
Productive and fun workplace with creative people
FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 25, 2018
I am mostly working on front-end part of college-related websites such as with Javascript and Bootstrap. It was a productive and enjoyable workplace because the co-workers were very helpful, flexible and easy to communicate to. Co-workers as well as supervisors were super friendly and reachable. I have personally learned a lot about new stuff i never had my hands on before like Bootstrap and jQuery. I also learned a lot about interpersonal skills through communication and time management through time-recording. I'd say that the hardest part of the job was fixing or updating some features of the website where there are no clear documentation but it was definitely most enjoyable when we were able to figure stuff out and when people bring food in the office.
Staff at PCC
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2018
The culture here is stagnant. It seems everyone has no ambition for improvement or advancement. Just keep doing what you've always done and don't rock the boat. People are treated as indentured servants.
Poor benefits, high attrition. I would not work there again.
Pros
None.
Bad atmosphere
Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2018
PCC was a difficult place to work due to the atmosphere. The atmosphere was very authoritative. Many petty things went on there. Difficult to see how students were being treated.
Cons
Atmosphere, Benefits
Very professional work place
Student Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2018
Pensacola Christian College expects their workers to be professional and courteous to give their customers the best experience. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly even though management expects jobs to be completed in a timely manner.
a job to chip away at the college bill
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 26, 2018
Very repetitive for daily task. Some of the management is friendly. The jobs are usually so basic there is not much to learn. Coworkers and workplace culture can be what you make of them. IT mostly depends on your own attitude toward the work that you are doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the friends and memories that can be made.
Bad job
Reservation assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Worst Place ive ever worked for, poor to their employees, over worked, under appreciated, bad customer service, dishonest. I hate my job, Manageer/ supervisor playes favorites, mean to the people who do all the work
Slow pace and different experiences every day.
Deli (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Majority of employees are student that are untrained in even the basics. Daily estimates are always off. Unless you are in a higher position your opinion on something is ignored no matter how long you have worked or amount of experience.
Great experience
Student Work Contract (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2017
With an high speed office environment, I was able to establish a strong work ethic and fine tune skills such as time management, multi-tasking, corresponding with customers, and handling stressful situations. Throughout a typical day, I would correspond with customers through phones, emails, or online chats; I would process incoming orders and process payments; and I would assist in correcting accounts, orders, or adjusting accounts.

I loved being able to work with many great people, including my managers and supervisors. The experience that I have been able to gain in so many areas is by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
Stressful job but great coworkers and management
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2017
I was the backup for a lot of people in the office, so i know a lot about a variety of areas. It became very stressful at times. I often felt incompetent, and I didn't get to do near as much programming as i was hoping for. However the management and the people I worked with were understanding and good people to work with.
Pros
Great community, subsidized living expenses
Cons
Stress, lower than average salary
Stressful and not an encouraging environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 1, 2017
You're expected to do what you're told without question. Even if you hate your job, you are expected to do it all for the ministry. If you express interest in another department, it doesn't matter just forget it. Expect to be grossly underpaid. I have been treated better by Non Christian companies than here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Made good friends
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 25, 2017
Good overall work ethic from everyone. People were fun. Management was good. I recommend for experiance. Good job opportunity. Help pay for my education, and worked around my school schedule
Its a okay job
Stage crew (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 3, 2017
Alot of rules to deal with and as It is a Christian school but the work is not bad, the supervisors make you do most of it while they stand around and tell jokes.
Fun place depending on who you work with
Grab n Go Worker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2017
One is expected to be on time every shift. My job usually starts with clocking in 2 minutes before the start of the shift. Because proper work etiquette is important, the workers put on necessities(apron, put on gloves after washing hands, head covering). Then one starts preparing food to put in the ovens, and also making different sack lunches depending on the day. The management is always thinking of new ways to make the job more productive and efficient. Because of the ethnically diverse student body at PCC, there is wide variety of culture in the workplace. The hardest part of the job depends on the individual. For me, it would be dealing with certain coworkers. The people that work with me are what make the job worthwhile.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No free food
Great place
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 31, 2017
Management was great and gave me clear orders for the tasks of the day.

Very understanding of situations that arrive. Great place to work at and work with friends
Productive and fun workplace where teamwork is needed and growing together to accomplish goals is a great environment to work in.
Mailroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of working together to accomplish the tasks needed for that day. I learned that teamwork makes the dream work. Management is very caring and does anything to make our jobs easier. The most enjoyable part is getting to know our supervisors more and how willing they are to help us. There are no cons to this job.
Pros
Free food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2017
A typical night of work included assisting customers, checking them out, and re-stocking the store when the night was over. I learned how to sharpen my communication skills by interacting with the customers. Management was great, and on top of things. The most enjoyable part about this job was interacting with other people.
Pros
Flexible work shifts
Stable job with BS
A Beka Academy IT Programmer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 22, 2017
Working in the IT dept for 4 years, I can say that it is a stable place to work so long as you don't cross upper level management. Education beyond BS is not recognized and is why I am leaving. PCC uses a contract system, so 6 months before the end of your contract you must commit to another 12 months or decline the contract. It makes leaving peacefully a real headache...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Policies seem overbearing at times