Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews

Stressful Environment
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 10, 2018
Lack of communication for important job related issues. Co-workers are great to work with. Stressful time sensitive jobs. Ability to use organizational skills to improve efficiency.
Education and Ministry focused
Florida - Academic Advisor and Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2018
The pace is slow. Not require much expertise. Learned from leading teams of students and personal interaction. Need to e willing to follow norms, but a good and supportive general environment.
Pros
Free lunches and extremely cheap rent
Helped me pay for my college education
Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2018
PCC offers a great Christian environment to work in. The hours are flexible allowing you to work around your class schedule. The workplace offers real workforce skills that you can gain all while getting your college education.
Staff at PCC
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2018
The culture here is stagnant. It seems everyone has no ambition for improvement or advancement. Just keep doing what you've always done and don't rock the boat. People are treated as indentured servants.
Poor benefits, high attrition. I would not work there again.
Pros
None.
Bad atmosphere
Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2018
PCC was a difficult place to work due to the atmosphere. The atmosphere was very authoritative. Many petty things went on there. Difficult to see how students were being treated.
Cons
Atmosphere, Benefits
Very professional work place
Student Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2018
Pensacola Christian College expects their workers to be professional and courteous to give their customers the best experience. The work environment is very relaxed and friendly even though management expects jobs to be completed in a timely manner.
Good Experience Overall.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 22, 2018
The culture and atmosphere is not for everyone, but the benefits and support given by the administration is excellent. They do an excellent job of communicating with their faculty and staff and work to put you in the best position for your skills.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Lunch provided
Cons
Good for paying the bills
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 17, 2018
Working at PCC is great to help with the school bills. There are several jobs available on campus. Unfortunately you dont always get to pick the job you want.
a job to chip away at the college bill
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 26, 2018
Very repetitive for daily task. Some of the management is friendly. The jobs are usually so basic there is not much to learn. Coworkers and workplace culture can be what you make of them. IT mostly depends on your own attitude toward the work that you are doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the friends and memories that can be made.
Great for working college students
General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 8, 2018
I was on a work scholarship to help with the cost of college. This job worked around my school schedule and allowed me the opportunity to still work. I gained valuable insight on general mechanical maintenance.
Pros
Worked around class scheduling
Cons
limited hours
Productive and fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The jobs I had as a dishwasher, server, caterer were kind of tough because I was working on a daily basis but it definitely helped me. It helped me manage my time and I got to know a few of my friends.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no benefits
A good temporary workplace
Indoor Plant Care Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 17, 2018
For those who are looking for somewhere to work as a student or for a few years after graduating, PCC can be a logical choice. For a career, it is less likely to be a good decision.
Pros
Free buffet-style lunches
Cons
Odd work schedules with scattered hours, Lots of manatory unpaid activities, Very rigid employee policies (little room for negotiation/compromise)
good
Records Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 2, 2018
great place to get a good Christian education, and to keep up with your Christian back ground. the young people that attend there are great and very polite. they have a church on site
Pros
christian
Cons
dresses all the time
Rewarding Christian work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Working full-time for Pensacola Christian College was more than just a job. Not only did I enjoy the office work, but I felt blessed to be a small part of supporting Christian education for young people.
Pros
Christian environment, competitive salary
Cons
Strict employee guidelines, difficult work/life balance
Bad job
Reservation assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Worst Place ive ever worked for, poor to their employees, over worked, under appreciated, bad customer service, dishonest. I hate my job, Manageer/ supervisor playes favorites, mean to the people who do all the work
PCC, A Stellar Employer
Guest Housing Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2018
At PCC, I have been challenged to excel in responsibility and leadership. I admire my supervisors and appreciate working with my team of student workers.
Pros
Positive, uplifting environment, encouraging, responsive leaders, challenging in a beneficial way
Cons
Slow to make positive changes to the department, no healthcare benefits
Slow pace and different experiences every day.
Deli (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Majority of employees are student that are untrained in even the basics. Daily estimates are always off. Unless you are in a higher position your opinion on something is ignored no matter how long you have worked or amount of experience.
Na
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Working at this company is good and easy, for the most part they are understanding of anything. All in all the work place is a good healthy atmosphere to work at.
A good way to go debt free
Student Hardware Tech (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 15, 2018
IT is one of the most sought after departments in Pensacola Christian College. The mangers are understanding and will work around your classes to ensure that you get the hours you signed up for.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Hard to transfer
Secretary of A Beka Book (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Pensacola Christian College. I learned how to multitask and work under pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job was typing and working with the Microsoft programs.