Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews

Great place that encourages personal growth.
Computer Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Great manager that invested time into me and made me feel like I was apart of the team there and not just some underling. I was able to speak up and know that I would be heard and that my opinion was valued.
Enjoyable workplace with great benefits
Graduate Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 16, 2017
It is a enjoyable place to work with friendly coworkers. It does not pay the best and is not recommended unless you allow the college to provide the housing for you at a reduced cost. Overall: A great place for the right employee.
Pros
Free lunches, housing
Cons
Limited promotion and salary advancement
Great experience
Student Work Contract (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2017
With an high speed office environment, I was able to establish a strong work ethic and fine tune skills such as time management, multi-tasking, corresponding with customers, and handling stressful situations. Throughout a typical day, I would correspond with customers through phones, emails, or online chats; I would process incoming orders and process payments; and I would assist in correcting accounts, orders, or adjusting accounts.

I loved being able to work with many great people, including my managers and supervisors. The experience that I have been able to gain in so many areas is by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
Underpaid and overworked but good experience
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2017
This was a very good job for me to have as a college student, and it was a great experience for me personally. The hours are good, but the pay is not. you are basically at their mercy when they need you... it was a low level job, but i would recommend it to anyone, despite my views.
Pros
Late hours
Cons
Set paid hours per week
Stressful job but great coworkers and management
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2017
I was the backup for a lot of people in the office, so i know a lot about a variety of areas. It became very stressful at times. I often felt incompetent, and I didn't get to do near as much programming as i was hoping for. However the management and the people I worked with were understanding and good people to work with.
Pros
Great community, subsidized living expenses
Cons
Stress, lower than average salary
Stressful and not an encouraging environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 1, 2017
You're expected to do what you're told without question. Even if you hate your job, you are expected to do it all for the ministry. If you express interest in another department, it doesn't matter just forget it. Expect to be grossly underpaid. I have been treated better by Non Christian companies than here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Awesome
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I worked multiple positions here and I liked most of my jobs. Some were rough but I dealt with it because I needed to pay my tuition for school. Plenty of job opportunities.
student worker
Dining Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 28, 2017
I worked in a dining hall on campus. It was a great way to work off school debt plus have gas money for adventures senior year. The work was not difficult, the crew was fun.
Made good friends
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 25, 2017
Good overall work ethic from everyone. People were fun. Management was good. I recommend for experiance. Good job opportunity. Help pay for my education, and worked around my school schedule
Good Place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 4, 2017
I worked in 4 winds as a cook. Managers were good with great heart. Learned alot at Pensacola and would not trade it. Made alot of long lasting friends.
Its a okay job
Stage crew (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 3, 2017
Alot of rules to deal with and as It is a Christian school but the work is not bad, the supervisors make you do most of it while they stand around and tell jokes.
it was a job
Grader/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2017
I worked there when I went to college it was a great job just not everyone was treated fairly. the job was very helpful with tlearning different things. just didn't give enough hours to help pay for college.
Friendly, fun, but stagnant
Digital Media Designer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 23, 2017
Worked on graphics for the college itself on a daily basis. The team is super friendly and warm. Although, due to the nature of the college being a conservative college, the atmosphere of the department can be a little bit dull and grey. As a student and a worker they do not give much benefit or pay. There's no way going up unless I graduated from the college and apply as a full-time worker. I would write a completely different review as a full-time worker, but this is from the Student Worker point of view.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Dull and stagnant
Great place to learn
Pensacola - Utilities Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 12, 2017
An exceptional school, but unless you are planning on staying all 4 years don't attend because the credits do not transfer well. Atmosphere is great, Teachers are caring, and the campus is Beautiful.
Pros
Great teachers and education system.
Cons
Credits do not transfer and rules are strict.
Good academic education
Stock Clerk, Warehouse, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 5, 2017
Great place to gain a good strong education and the work program is helpful, not very good pay, but its enough to get you through school. I would highly recommend this school for its academic values. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere.
Pros
Good academics
Cons
Very Conservative
overall good experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 22, 2017
overall a good place to work. The co-workers were generally uplifting and nice to work with. I learned various jobs from managing student accounts to doing payroll for a lot of people as well as accounts payable and reconciling credit card statements for over 50 credit cards.
Pros
free lunches
benefits
Excellent Job and Work Environment
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2017
I loved working for the college because of the good people I worked with and the constant opportunity to learn something new. Because this is a small institution, I was often asked to apply my skills to other projects or departments. I developed a wide variety of skills as a result.
The only thing I disliked about this position was the fact that I was required to attend the college's church, not the church of my choice. While I agree with the theory behind this policy, I have yet to see it work effectively in real life.
I was sad to leave this position when I got married and moved away, but I would gladly work for PCC again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
free lunches, competitive salary, financial assistance for faculty seeking further degrees
Cons
required to attend designated church
Fun place depending on who you work with
Grab n Go Worker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2017
One is expected to be on time every shift. My job usually starts with clocking in 2 minutes before the start of the shift. Because proper work etiquette is important, the workers put on necessities(apron, put on gloves after washing hands, head covering). Then one starts preparing food to put in the ovens, and also making different sack lunches depending on the day. The management is always thinking of new ways to make the job more productive and efficient. Because of the ethnically diverse student body at PCC, there is wide variety of culture in the workplace. The hardest part of the job depends on the individual. For me, it would be dealing with certain coworkers. The people that work with me are what make the job worthwhile.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No free food
Productive work place with plenty of great encouragment.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2017
The job environment was a wonderful secure place to perform. The large administration was sometimes difficult to work with, however, we were able to work with them for the most part. There was plenty of opportunity for career advancement. Also, the people where, mostly, extremely helpful.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Benefits
Great place
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 31, 2017
Management was great and gave me clear orders for the tasks of the day.

Very understanding of situations that arrive. Great place to work at and work with friends