Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace where teamwork is needed and growing together to accomplish goals is a great environment to work in.
Mailroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of working together to accomplish the tasks needed for that day. I learned that teamwork makes the dream work. Management is very caring and does anything to make our jobs easier. The most enjoyable part is getting to know our supervisors more and how willing they are to help us. There are no cons to this job.
Pros
Free food
A nice Christian environment
Nursing Student Clinical Rotations (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2017
Although the staff must follow a strict set of rules while on and off campus, the experience is great. There is mutual respect among all of the staff members.
Good Christian Place to Work
Grounds Worker/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 11, 2017
Overall, this is not a bad area to work if you are wanting to reach students for the Lord. I have been a student here for eight years and I have no complaints at all.
Pros
Benefits, Christian Envronment
Cons
Very Regimented
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2017
A typical night of work included assisting customers, checking them out, and re-stocking the store when the night was over. I learned how to sharpen my communication skills by interacting with the customers. Management was great, and on top of things. The most enjoyable part about this job was interacting with other people.
Pros
Flexible work shifts
Business Office Clerk
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 5, 2017
Responsible for answering the phone and taking payments for tuition. Also responsible for answering the service counter for inquiries and/or payments.
Excellent education, Godly environment, incredibly affordable
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2017
Pcc is a wonderful place to attend college or work. The environment is encouraging and hard working is promoted. I would recommend PCC to anyone considering
Stable job with BS
A Beka Academy IT Programmer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 22, 2017
Working in the IT dept for 4 years, I can say that it is a stable place to work so long as you don't cross upper level management. Education beyond BS is not recognized and is why I am leaving. PCC uses a contract system, so 6 months before the end of your contract you must commit to another 12 months or decline the contract. It makes leaving peacefully a real headache...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Policies seem overbearing at times
Good School
worker (Current Employee) –  environmental serviceMarch 14, 2017
Getting experience and training from here, also work here as a student worker. meets a lot of nice people here. the working environmental gives me many option to work while doing school work.
Pros
good study experience
Cons
Fun and easy way to learn how to work with customers in person.
Sports Center Employee (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 5, 2017
Pensacola Christian College has provided me with several years of work experience. In these years, I have learned how to properly and politely work with both customers and fellow employees. The management is responsible, kind, timely, and is willing to answer any questions that you may have regarding your job. If you seek to advance your abilities in communicating with others, then you will be satisfied with the results of being employed here.
Pros
Improves your ability to work with others
Cons
Occasionally busy work schedule
negative environment
Environmental Cleaning Services (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2017
not a great place to work. supervisors are negative and condescending especially for a christian college. manager does not care about personal opinions or how employees feel.
Good school, not great to work for
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Good school, not great to work for. They really value upper management well above students. working hard for minimum wage, with a changing contract that did not provide enough $ to pay for school like they said it would.
Pros
good school
Cons
rough management
Fun and productive workplace
Dining Service Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Pensacola Christian College is a good place to work for the students. It provided safe, fun, and good environment for the worker. The supervisors guide the students in any circumstances.
wouldn't recommend.
Official title is "Financial Researcher" (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day? answering questions from both agents and customers regarding sales tax laws and applications. answering phone calls regarding things that have nothing to do with what I was hired to do. being forced to answer emails, calls and chats all at the same time therefore not being able to give each individual customer the time and attention I would want in their position.
I have learned that silence is the golden rule.
management is probably the one thing that makes the job the most impossible and the reason I am leaving.. no one knows what is going on half of the time and consistency in leadership? they done even know what that means.
Work place culture is absolutely a joke - professional office atmosphere is what it should be - what it actually is... resembles more of a high school cheer leading squad.
I love the customers - most are extremely kind and sincerely desire to use our products to better the school environment for their children. It truly is a pleasure helping our people.
Pros
the hours most days. i get to work next to my family ie. kids in school wife next office over
Cons
Terrible management, absolutely awful computer systems the list goes on and on.
Pensacola Christian college
technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Pensacola Christian College Landscaping and small engine job was a good experience overall. I learned a lot through out working with the company and still use many of those skills that I learned.
good place to work/school
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 1, 2017
work study program got me through the summer good paying great environment solid structure and great staff loved working there and enjoyed my time with the people
It was a good housekeeping work experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning the lobby and corridors of the college residence halls. Everything had to be cleaned in a short amount of time, which could be stressful at times. However, I learned how to perform tasks quickly and thoroughly even when there was only a short time given to me. The management was great. They were very kind and encouraging and always communicated with me. The workplace culture was very laidback because it was just in a residence hall in my college and I liked it. The hardest part would be finishing every task on time and the starting time of the job. The most enjoyable part would be the people I worked with.
Pros
School tuition benfits
Cons
Early morning shifts
Productive environment
Art teacher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2016
Good environment. Caring teachers and staff. Sometimes a stressful environment due to outside required activities. Sometimes a struggle to have adequate preparation time for classes. Overall, good experience.
Pros
Support from staff
Cons
Sometimes lack of outside time for preparation work
Great work assistance program
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2016
Work assistance program helped me pay my way through college and gain decent work experience. fun coworkers and supervisors
Pros
work assistance program
Cons
its PCC
Furthered my Work Experience
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 10, 2016
PCC gave me an opportunity to further my work experience. I greatly believe that the additional two years of Office experience (after college) will greatly affect the jobs I receive in the future.
Pros
professional, friendly, care about employees
Cons
no overtime
Great place to learn and grow in the area you desire
Production Artist/Designer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2016
A nice relaxing environment that you can learn the skills necessary to move on in your career. I love being able to go to work everyday and train myself or learn from the experience of others in several design categories. This is also where I was able to begin my interest in 3D modeling. I am still learning 3D art, but have a huge passion and love for the design.