Pensacola Christian College Employee Reviews

A good place to get an education and work experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2016
I worked entry level jobs so the work was simple but very repetitive. Work environment is overall positive. Staff supervisors were great to work with but the student supervisors were sometimes hard to work with because they lacked leadership and communication skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. It was fun to work as a team and work together to complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently.
Day as a dishworker
Dish Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 15, 2016
A typical day at work includes, clocking in, washing my hands and getting my apron on. I usually start off by washing the dishes, then putting them into the machine to be washed and dried. I then put the dishes away and check to see if other stations need help. It is an enjoyable work place with positive and considerate management. The co-workers are all about working together and getting the job done effectively. The hardest part of the job would be the rush during lunch time when we need to work fast to get all the piles of dishes off the conveyor belt. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that are helpful, friendly, and humorous. They keep the job professional but also fun!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
stressful
I was given alot of work and it kept me busy, but I had a balance of answering calls and email and grading work.
Customer Service Representative, Grader (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 24, 2016
A Beka Academy at PCC is a great place to work. All that I earned went into my school account to help me pay for my college. At times, it has been hard to balance school and work, but A Beka has totally been worth it. I was able to do a variety of work- customer service, grading papers for the school, and do some administrative work.
Pros
worked around my school schedule, flexible hours
Cons
intense working envonment
people are great, but management is not the best
Varsity cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32503May 20, 2016
The actual Work is fairly easy and simple to accomplish.
The managers who are actually in your area day in and day out are fantastic as well as your co workers, but the upper level management are usually verbally demeaning and make rushed decisions that make the people on the front lines very agitated and frustrated. There is no incentive to work other than i HAVE to pay my college bill and often times it feels as though the college takes advantage of this. There are never any raises or bonuses.
Pros
co workers
Cons
no incentive, low pay, demeaning bosses
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2016
Great place to work and staff. I've learned a lot while working there. And gained a lot of experience. Thankful for the opportunity I had working for Pensacola Christian College.
School is school
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 6, 2016
I wasted 4 years and all my life's savings and then some on this school. They throw Christianity into your face. And didnt even graduated.
Pros
made friends
Cons
waste money and time
Very productive but also a fun environment to work
Scene Shop (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2016
Always busy building, designing, or constructing sets.
Learned various uses for different power tool and how to operate them. Read layouts and basic blueprints.
The management is outstanding and treat the employees just the same as they treat themselves.
My co-workers are amazing to work with. We all get things done quickly and assist each other. Most of us consider everyone a 2nd family.
Hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do. So we have to wait for things to get approved and sit around and clean this or organize that.
The most enjoyable part is seeing everything we built come together in the end. To see all of our months work as one big picture.
Pros
very casual dress, never a dull day
Cons
exhausted at the end of some days
Workplace with a good environment
Library Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 22, 2016
the work place situation is conducive. Training is available on the job.. Supervisors are good and understanding. It is fairly easy there to make a transition from other place.
Great student jobs!
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32523April 17, 2016
Great student-level jobs. Worked in the library where I assisted patrons, reshelved books, and kept all the books in proper call number order. Supervisors were excellent and understanding if anything happened at work or in our lives. I enjoy helping students out and keeping the books in order for them for their research projects.
Pros
Great management, great coworkers, flexibility
Decent job to gain experience.
Flooring restoration Supervisor 2 (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 16, 2016
Always busy and fast paced environment. Will teach excellent time management and flexibility skills. Management is great in some areas, others not so much. Hardest part is expectations are often not realistic and sometimes create more stress then the given compensation. Lot of great co workers, and satisfaction in knowing you are learning how to be a professional in the workplace.
Pros
Good benefits, health, dental, vision, paid vacations, sick time, etc..
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations, understaffed
Safe but Sheltered Environment
Floor Assistant (Librarian) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2016
The work on campus was suitable ,though it did tend to interfere with studies. Overall, though, I would highly recommend the school and working there as well.
Pros
On-Campus work
Cons
Fluctuating Schedule
Productive down to earth work atmosphere
Professional painter (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2016
Good connection between direct management and workers. The atmosphere of the work environment was excellent, and made even the worst of jobs manageable. Helped my knowledge of the painting industry immensely.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Productive and Fast Paced enviornment
Dining Service Food Server (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 8, 2016
Food service industry with a fast paced environment. Food Prep and quality service. Always kept on track with a routine schedule to abide by. Get along great with co-workers.
Pros
Good hours
Calm, demanding
Broadcast Engineer/electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2016
This company has become out of touch with departments due to an increased number of managers making it hard for an average worker to get what he needs to get the job done. There are a lot of good people to work with here making it an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
off work reqirements
Low energy workplace
Grader (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 11, 2016
Very quiet work environment. While I was there, I continued to learn to strengthen my customer service and computer skills.
Poor management and planning. Low paying.
General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 3, 2016
Management is unorganized and lost when it comes to day to day operations of the maintenance department. Didn't know how to divide up workers according to job. foremen weren't involved in the process of work after the beginning of the day. Long hours of strenuous labor for little pay. Two sick days and no personal days allowed.
Exciting, testing, learner friendly
School Bus Driver and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2016
I love driving the school bus for the Christian academy every day. Another job I had was a forklift operator. I enjoyed training new students on the area of safety and CDL safety.
Productive and Making sure people are safe
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Typically Lifeguard on duty, to ensure that the equipment is safe to use, also to check the pool to make sure that is safe.
Educational Experience
Clinical Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Working with many knowledgeable and experienced nurses, has been a delight over these past two years. I have learned many leadership skills and interpersonal skills.The company pushes me to further my career and sharpen my nursing skills. There is not a typical day in my current career. Teaching nursing students in the clinical setting presents many challenges and daily difficulties. However, it has teach me significant patience and management skills. I sincerely enjoy training nursing students in real life clinical skills to prepare them for their own career as nurses.
Pros
Free lunches, learning experience
Cons
Long hours, schedule changes
just a job to get me through college.
cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 30, 2015
The days here were usually fast paced and very hard mostly because the crews were lazy and I was always stressed. management was bad. I worked way to hard and never felt rewarded for it. The most enjoyable part of the work day was when I clocked out. I preferred working alone because if I worked with someone, they would mess up my pace and my work. --this is in reference to pensacola Christian College NOT woods elementary School.
Pros
The job paid quite a few bills at school for me.
Cons
be prepared for stress and bad management