Pensacola State College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Student at this place.
Radiography Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 26, 2018
Student not employee. Was able to be working in clinic immediately. Rewarding experience. However, the faculty had poor performance and the disorganization became quite cumbersome.
Pros
Effective hands-on environment
Cons
Poor performing faculty
Great place to work if also getting scholarship money.
Veteran Services Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 30, 2018
Help veteran students sign up for classes. Great bosses. Can only work a max of 25 hours. Have to be a Vet and a student to get the job. Love the people and how the fact it was on campus.
Excellent place to work while managing classes.
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2018
PSC provided work that was flexible with my school schedule. My supervisors were extremely reasonable and capable. It was a wonderful work experience.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 19, 2018
I attended Pensacola state college in order to approve my education in order to have a better understanding in life. I would recommend this college to anyone.
Very understanding people
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 13, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a little bit of pocket money and needs a job where you can study for school. The employees here are very kind, understanding and make you feel welcomed.
Pros
get to study while at work
Cons
The pay isn't so great and you cannot go over 20 hours a week
It was a lab tech position
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2018
I worked in the lab preparing standards and calibrating equipment. I would perform experiments in advance for groups of students and sometimes performed the experiments individually to validate the exercises.
Good benefits and work schedule
Health Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 15, 2018
I loved working with the students and getting to know each one of my colleagues. The time off was great especially during Christmas time. The hours were great and the commute was 5 minutes from my home.
Pros
Benefits and Time off
Cons
No communication and no support from higher management.
Safe environment
BUDGET STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2018
A typical day in my office includes running papers across campus, creating presentations for the President, making sure files are in order, helping potential PSC students, answering phone calls and emails, as well as offering my assistance where needed on campus.
Pros
Great co-workers
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I had multiple, concurrent positions within the College and enjoyed them all. Management was extremely supportive and encouraged sharing of ideas. Very supportive in promotional opportunities and merit increase. The ability to assist low income families and those laid off from employment was very rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, workplace culture
Poor working environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 1, 2018
The staff had little to no interaction unless you requested it. Never had interest to update material/books. When you presented the idea on a new process or books it took several terms to get it done.

Never had a review or input from staff on the abilities that they wanted from you.

Knowledge of your teaching status from term to term.

Students where fun and looked for new ideas.
Pros
Classrooms were roomy
Cons
Poor staff interaction, lack of interest in teaching abilities, not interested in your ideas
Horrible Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Major bullie workplace, low pay, the entire Administration need replacing, cronyism determines promotions. BOT has turned a blind eye to the "back door" practices of its administration.
Opportunities Endless
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Alot of opportunities for advancement. Alot of people with a profound wealth of knowledge in education and life experience that I would have loved to have known more in depth prior to departure.
Amazon Place to Work and Got to SchoolI
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 28, 2017
I would recommend PSC to everyone!I spent several years as a student at PSC and although it was difficult, it was the best educational experience of my life.
Difficult environment
Nursing Faculty/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2017
Working with more educated people you would think would be a plus. My experience working with faculty at Pensacola State included working with a few outstanding people and many who were determined to be mean to students and faculty alike. Management was powerless to make changes as many faculty used being tenured as permission to be as difficult as possible.
Pros
Ability to help students achieve personal and career goals
Cons
Unhealthy environment for the soul and spirit
An environment where creativity is not allowed.
Director of Applied Technology (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2017
In the book "Multipliers" there are primarily two types of leaders: The Multiplier who could encourage employees to deliver more productivity than required and there is the "Deminisher" who created an atmosphere where employees did only what was required. The VP at the college is a well know Diminisher/micro-manager who focused only on the Academic side of education and worked not to support the Career and Technical Education program as the college used to as a Junior College before it became a State College in 2009.
Pros
Many great co-workers
Cons
Diminishing atmosphere which suppressed productivity.
Very fun and loving employees and employers.
Work Study Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, FL 32571September 28, 2017
It was an amazing experience working at Pensacola State College. I was taught a lot and was granted a lot of opportunities to grow as a person. They helped me with my schooling as well.
I was a happy student and employee.
student assistant and completing an internship (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Didn't want to leave but I graduated in 2014. There were no any open accounting position at that time. I would love to be able to work there again in the future.
Productive place to build skills
Fitness Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Gym members are consistent throughout the day. I will take new members and students through an orientation. I create health plans for new members based off of goals, health history, and past injuries.
Cons
No advancement
Great place for people seeking education and careers
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 28, 2017
Great athletic program, with an amzing variety of fields of studies. Teachers are very helpful and are there for extra help after class when needed. Different careers to choose from.
Administration needs to be replaced
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 26, 2017
There is no support from the administration of the college. You are lucky to get a response to your emails. Their communication is not timely or professional. They make doing your job difficult.
I love the students and fellow instructors, but cannot continue to deal with an administration that does not do things the way it needs to be done, does not believe in communication or transparency. They are only concerned with an outward appearance and not working on the morale and support of faculty and students.
Pros
Helping students learn and succeed
Cons
Administration - poor communication, lack of professionalism