Penske Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Penske Automotive Group selected this as a representative review
Excellent Growth Potential
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Very good process and well ran dealership group. Growth opportunities. Very competitive pay and great benefits. Excellent organization and upper management level has a team concept.
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 16, 2018
decent automotive group not the best othe ones are better in my opinion to each is own nice people work there certain locations cater to certain demographics
A good place to be...
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2018
I've been working in Automotive for the past 20 years. When I interviewed with Penske Automotive, I knew virtually nothing about them, but I spoke with a couple of knowledgeable family members as well as friends, and the feedback was all positive.

I joined the company seven years ago, it is dynamic, cutting edge with its vision of Automotive, and the direction for a very dynamic industry. The leadership with the company, at least in my eyes, is pretty amazing. They are totally engaged, fully focused on staying ahead of its competitors, and taking care of its employees.

I'm an HR Manager, and work in a market where the unemployment rate is under 3% in most of the areas where our stores are located, so in order to attract and retain talent, we have to be aggressive in taking very good care of our employees, including myself.

I'm trying to keep this from sounding like an advertisement, and I promise that this is intended to be coming across from an employee, NOT an employer.

My experience with Penske Automotive Group has been outstanding, not absolutely perfect, but outstanding, and I intend to stay here until I retire, which is a long ways away.
Pros
Good comp and benefits, leadership, and structure. Good vision, etc.
Cons
Not really much, the expectations are high, but they take care of their employees
Management drove production backwards
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJApril 23, 2018
Management created a hostile work environment; favorites were played;the dealership has potential to be great with the right people running it. Certain folks receive preferential treatment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
favoritism
Fast passed, competitive, focused on customer satisfaction
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
The first week was great, learned about the company and all the different departments. Training started with time keeping, safety then sales training. The company seems committed to doing things right, taking care of customers and making sure that I have the tools I need to be successful.
Pros
Competitive pay, free lunch on Saturdays, free gyn membership
Cons
Work most Saturdays
Great company bad location 70 hr plus work week
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 19, 2018
Great organization great benefits work stability for employees worked in Jersey city Nj hours were horrible would come in at 9am and work well passed midnight on holidays would work most of the day even when supposed to close at 6 would leave pass 9 on holidays such as New Year’s Eve 4th of July.. felt if it was more family oriented company would should make exceptions on these days especially with a labor intensive work schedule of 70 plus hours . Very well organized and great work environment but could not get passed long days and long weeks with children at home
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, working holidays
Poorly Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 19, 2018
This company does not allow for any input from the lower level employees; the management is poor and the communication is very low. The reviews are not done fairly with aspects of real work.
Cons
poor management
Company with great industry reputation
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 17, 2018
Penske Automotive is a forward thinking competitive atmosphere that employs great people. Expectations are high but so are the rewards. Management and HR are fair and listen to ideas and implement processes as needed. Work life vs Homelife does not always have a great balance but some of that is the industry demands. At the end of the day they are a great company to work for.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Stressful
Vehicle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2018
My manager was great but had little help from other floor management. Training not enough as had to be on spot immediately. Co-workers great but stressed and underpaid. Really underpaid for expectations.
Pros
Most client contact great but some made it stressful. Free parking
Cons
Parking far away
World class organization with great opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 12, 2018
I’ve been incredibly happy with the support that the company provides. Great opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Great benefits and environment compared to other auto groups.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities, competitive
Cons
Need to be a hard worker or this is not the company for you
Strong company that cares about its employees
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 11, 2018
The company provides great benefits and the career path to grow and develop. Management cares about you as a person and wants to help you succeed. Recommend
Pros
Free Food, Growth, Benefits
Best company to work for as reported by Fortune and it is true. An oppotunity for career advancement
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Excellent company. Terrific brands, great locations. Amazing people. Opportunity to grow by learning and showing your results. Effort equals results at PAG.
Pros
Great brands, competitive, excellent leadership
Cons
I cant think of any
Productive and fun place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 7, 2018
I answer incoming calls all day directing people to the correct departments that they are looking for. I connect them to departments such as, service, parts, finance, sales...etc
I have a learned how to work in a fast paced environment, and I have also learned how to work on a server called Vista Point that holds data for about 48 car dealerships worldwide, including dealerships in Arizona, California, and Texas.
Management is not the best when it comes to being prepared for things. An example of that would be, the time that they had to reschedule my employee review over 8 different times due to the lack of miscommunication amongst other managers.
Its what you make of the situation
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJApril 3, 2018
It's the car business with the corporate background. The facilities are top-notch and the inventory levels never seem to be an issue for all of the customers that they service.
Little room for growth
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNApril 3, 2018
I have been with the company for one year and I am already starting to look for another job. As a Lube Tech at the Wolfchase Toyota store in Cordova, TN, I have seen a culture that does not seem conducive to growth as an automotive technician. Low level employees are not presented opportunities to grow because any opening is filled with people from outside. Hollow promises of advancement have been made to several coworkers and have not been fulfilled. They hired 6 new technicians (5 lube tech, and one advanced maintenance tech) when business was already slow, cutting into the wages of the other employees that were already established in those roles. Recently our hours have been cut. I was hired with the expectation of working 10 hours per week of overtime and that has been cut to almost zero overtime without any forewarning. Doing the math, it will end up being approximately a 14% cut to my gross pay without even an explanation. It feels like they do not care about the employees.
Pros
Good job benefits, lunch catered on Saturdays
Cons
Little room for growth, pay cuts without warning, more slow days than busy
Great Company
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 7, 2018
I have been employed by Penske Automotive Group for a short time (6 months now) and everything about this company so far has been great! The company focuses on their EMPLOYEES", which is rare to find when it comes to large companies. Penske holds events almost every month for their employees.

The benefits are decent, the pay if fair, good people to work with, Management is awesome to work with, very laid back (They are not title heads).
Pros
Amazing Culture, fair pay, decent benefits
Cons
Not enough Vacation time/ Days off
Stable with good benefits; poor management and lazy company
Regional Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 2, 2018
Job is stable, decent hours, easy job. Managers are nit picky and lazy, there are a lot of issues with the company that no one seems to want to fix. They only move up people who shut up and smile and don't want to listen to anyone who actually wants to make a difference. Good for anyone who just wants a mindless 8-5 Mon-Fri type of office job, not for anyone who actually cares or wants to make a difference.
Pros
Stable, easy, consistent
Cons
Busy, degrading, micro managing, no opportunity
productive and fun busy workplace
Fueler/luber (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 26, 2018
was a fun day with the guys always working there always learning new things about diesel engines. was kinda shady dont think ill go back to penske at all
Dealership
General Sales Manager/Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2018
Responsible for day to day operations, Hired trained all employees and performed all duties of a General Sales Manager,Inventory control and build profit
Pros
people
Cons
bad ecomony
Nice Company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Overall a nice company to work for. Some of the stores do nice things for their employees. Some great people work there and truly care about the emloyees.
Professional environment that is committed to customer satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction.
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Management is supportive of employees and their new ideas to implement in the business; they also work alongside employees instead of flexing their superiority. There is definite career growth at Penske Automotive Group and as an employee, you receive your return on investment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight