Penske Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Penske Automotive Group selected this as a representative review
Awesome Company!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 8, 2018
I have worked for Penske Automotive Group for 13 + years! This is an amazaing group that provides incredible career opportunities to it's employees.

The culture at Penske Automotive Group is unmatched in the automotive industry!
Lunch was provided free daily
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 17, 2018
Great company with good benefits and pay. I was able to learn how to transmit title work to the State of Michigan and get a better understanding of credit scores and income to debt ratios.
No Thanks
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 15, 2018
Management was stealing money from the company...I was not properly trained on my job or its duties. No help was given by management. It really is a dog eat dog world.
Little to no communcation from management
Accounts Payable Specialist/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2018
Penske Automotive specifically the PAG group is difficult to wrk for. They tell you they encourage your thoughts and recommendations on process improvement, but shut you down before you can fully present your idea. The management team is afraid to go against the Controller for fear they will loose their jobs. Bot a pleasant work environment.
commission only
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJuly 19, 2018
very competitive environment hard for new employees to feel accepted. Long hours commission only. Union provides good job security. very hard to advance.
Pros
Decent Union
Cons
Very Very expensive benefits, All house deals are given to certain employees.
Promotions
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 19, 2018
Company was all around awesome. It was a fun place to work and meet new people. The management took great care of the employee, offered promotion within and helped train you so you could advance.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
Short breaks
Just your typical automotive industry
Service Porter (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 18, 2018
Most people think that being a service porter is moving cars around and parking them in designated spots throughout the dealership, however this is just the main duty. Outside of this, you are also at the bottom of the barrel and work for everyone in the dealership, so be prepared to be tasked with everything outside of your job description every 5 minutes. You'll be fixing things the service advisors and/or supervisors forgot to do within their job description and become everyone's personal butler. You do get to work with one other porter which can be nice if they show up on time and are a hard worker like yourself. The hour you get for lunch is a plus, especially working 10+ hour shifts. Overtime must be approved. Lunch is paid for on Saturdays. You'll have to work alternating weekends.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, hour lunches.
Cons
Poor management, low payscale, long hours.
Good solid dealer group
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 18, 2018
Loved working here, good people and great opportunities for advancement. Lots of benefits to working for a large dealer group, Penske is well known and respected.
Great place to work with ample opportunities to advance
Warranty Administrator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 17, 2018
I enjoyed the 4 years I was employed here. Management was great, co-workers also. I started at an entry level position, and was promoted to a more advanced position with 2 years.
Life Long Company to Work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2018
Penske makes you feel like you apart of the environment to change rather than just living in their world. They cultivate ideas and allow younger generations to thrive. Concentration on understanding the different generations makes this a place for ALL. Pay, Benefits, Time off and recognition for performance are all reasons to work here.
Pros
Benefits, Time off, Respect.
Loyal to PAG
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2018
I feel very loyal to Penske Automotive Group for many reasons. They have been a wonderful company to work for, for the past decade.

There is so much opportunity for growth and advancement, and they have helped me to further my career. Penske wants you to succeed, and the management has definitely been helpful in making sure that happens.
Pros
Great management, team atmosphere, discounts on vehicles, parts, and service.
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 16, 2018
decent automotive group not the best othe ones are better in my opinion to each is own nice people work there certain locations cater to certain demographics
A good place to be...
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2018
I've been working in Automotive for the past 20 years. When I interviewed with Penske Automotive, I knew virtually nothing about them, but I spoke with a couple of knowledgeable family members as well as friends, and the feedback was all positive.

I joined the company seven years ago, it is dynamic, cutting edge with its vision of Automotive, and the direction for a very dynamic industry. The leadership with the company, at least in my eyes, is pretty amazing. They are totally engaged, fully focused on staying ahead of its competitors, and taking care of its employees.

I'm an HR Manager, and work in a market where the unemployment rate is under 3% in most of the areas where our stores are located, so in order to attract and retain talent, we have to be aggressive in taking very good care of our employees, including myself.

I'm trying to keep this from sounding like an advertisement, and I promise that this is intended to be coming across from an employee, NOT an employer.

My experience with Penske Automotive Group has been outstanding, not absolutely perfect, but outstanding, and I intend to stay here until I retire, which is a long ways away.
Pros
Good comp and benefits, leadership, and structure. Good vision, etc.
Cons
Not really much, the expectations are high, but they take care of their employees
Management drove production backwards
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJApril 23, 2018
Management created a hostile work environment; favorites were played;the dealership has potential to be great with the right people running it. Certain folks receive preferential treatment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
favoritism
Fast passed, competitive, focused on customer satisfaction
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
The first week was great, learned about the company and all the different departments. Training started with time keeping, safety then sales training. The company seems committed to doing things right, taking care of customers and making sure that I have the tools I need to be successful.
Pros
Competitive pay, free lunch on Saturdays, free gyn membership
Cons
Work most Saturdays
Great company bad location 70 hr plus work week
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 19, 2018
Great organization great benefits work stability for employees worked in Jersey city Nj hours were horrible would come in at 9am and work well passed midnight on holidays would work most of the day even when supposed to close at 6 would leave pass 9 on holidays such as New Year’s Eve 4th of July.. felt if it was more family oriented company would should make exceptions on these days especially with a labor intensive work schedule of 70 plus hours . Very well organized and great work environment but could not get passed long days and long weeks with children at home
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, working holidays
Poorly Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 19, 2018
This company does not allow for any input from the lower level employees; the management is poor and the communication is very low. The reviews are not done fairly with aspects of real work.
Cons
poor management
Company with great industry reputation
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 17, 2018
Penske Automotive is a forward thinking competitive atmosphere that employs great people. Expectations are high but so are the rewards. Management and HR are fair and listen to ideas and implement processes as needed. Work life vs Homelife does not always have a great balance but some of that is the industry demands. At the end of the day they are a great company to work for.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Stressful
Vehicle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2018
My manager was great but had little help from other floor management. Training not enough as had to be on spot immediately. Co-workers great but stressed and underpaid. Really underpaid for expectations.
Pros
Most client contact great but some made it stressful. Free parking
Cons
Parking far away
World class organization with great opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 12, 2018
I’ve been incredibly happy with the support that the company provides. Great opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Great benefits and environment compared to other auto groups.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities, competitive
Cons
Need to be a hard worker or this is not the company for you
Strong company that cares about its employees
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 11, 2018
The company provides great benefits and the career path to grow and develop. Management cares about you as a person and wants to help you succeed. Recommend
Pros
Free Food, Growth, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Penske Automotive Group.

Powered by Comparably