Penske Employee Reviews

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search See all 1,401 reviews
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
Great money was made driving for Penske Logistics out of Albuquerque NM unfortunately Penske lost contract to JB Hunt. Penske is no longer operating out of this location.
Great company
Tech, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2018
Company uses the most current technologies in the industry and is an industry leader in maintenance and customer service. They invest in their employees knowledge through ongoing training.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
No shop in my current location
Fast paced,
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 15, 2018
Oversee transportation department, drivers, equipment, scheduling, dispatching. Work with warehouse to insure completion of daily tasks. Has a good safety culture.
Pros
Saftey
Cons
no advancement
Good People, Good Benefits but Some work to do.
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 14, 2018
The company culture varies for state to state. Oklahoma has work to do but they will get there. The people are trying to be better but senior management holds them back..
Pros
Good Benefit options
Cons
Not everyone is equal in managements eyes.
I loked Penske for a few things
Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Saint Johns, MISeptember 14, 2018
I liked Penske for the Benefits I received with them, along with the discounts I received. I like the people I work with. I did not think I was paid fairly.
Pros
benefits, employees
Cons
pay, some managers
Good company to work for and gain experience
Mechanic/Tech (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2018
For the industry, the pay was about average. The entire diesel trucking fleet/leasing industry needs to step up the tech pay. Equipment is far more advanced than its ever been and will only continue to go further.

The shop I worked at allowed me to work mon-fri, which was great and somewhat uncommon for similar shops.

Solid company, good job security.
Pros
Unmatched pto/sick time. Company provided Snap-on toolbox
Cons
Could pay better given the tech skill required
Thete A Good Carrerr Choice
Mover (Former Employee) –  Miami FlSeptember 12, 2018
Staying Focus On The Job There A Wonderful Choice For A Career Loved The Staff And The Work Experience Had To Leave The Company Fue Relocation hopefully Can Be A Part Of The Company Again
it was the best company i ever worked for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 11, 2018
This is by far the best company ive worked for and would still be here today if we didnt loose the contract, but by far the best hr team, they will go far and neyond to help their people out
Pros
everything about this company is great
Great place to work for
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 11, 2018
Penske is a good place to work for. It has a lot of benefits and many new things to learn . The people there are great to work with and they are very nice.
Great company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Great private company to work for, it is a large corporation and you get that feeling in the corporate offices, but each location has a small business feel.

The Rental Management Training program is great for kids graduating college and introduces them into lifetime careers.
Stressful and poor communications
Hiker (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 10, 2018
Arrived at work and immediately assigned to a task, management was very harrassing, but liked when I worked alone in a truck, but the worst was when I was coupled with employees who did not speak English and blasted the radio
Pros
Often provided lunch
Cons
No communication
Productive and fun place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJSeptember 9, 2018
My reviews are I love the job at hand and would recommend others work there.. this is a fun and fast paced warehouse.. the employees are very easy to get along with.. I recommend this job to others
Shop mangers take care of their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 8, 2018
I had a great time at Penske. The management was awsome, they are always looking for your safety as well as making sure you have tools to do your job. My coworkers were very friendly and chill for the most part. They have competitive pay that you can at least support yourself on.
Lessons Learned
Rental Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Despite enormous success in sales at Penske, I came to the hard conclusion that due to internal team issues I could know longer recommend our services to my friends or family. Therefore, I made the hard choice that it was best that I move on to a more reputable company.
could be better
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 6, 2018
it really depends on which location you are working. fair pay and benefits. I guess it would depend on location upper management doesn't care for the people in the trenches doing all the real work that is essential to run the company. they put up a front like your best of friends not really though. if you a yes man it would be a good fit.
overall not a bad place.
benefits
Cons
hard to advance
Great place to work for
Preventive Maintenance Mechanic/Diesel Tech (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTSeptember 5, 2018
I wish I could have my job back I like working there it was nice friendly place to work and I got to learn from my co-workers. The pay was good work was steady
Pros
great place
Good job to work for
Material Handler / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Good place to learn the warehouse, and learn equipment that u haven't had experience with. The manager and supervisor was very professional, and detail oriented.
Pros
Caring staff
Benefits
Bdc Department
BDC Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2018
I worked at Penske for two years. Great people! The sales managers are wonderful. Unfortunately I worked in the Bdc department. Started off in service then went to Sales. There’s not much room for growth in this department. Never any management positions opening up. They expect a lot out of you but don’t want to pay you anymore then minimum wage. You get paid commission but it’s not as aggressive as other stores. Very secure job if your looking to collect a check and not move up. Salsa Bdc works every holiday besides Christmas and thanksgiving.
Pros
Some of the best people work at Penske
Cons
High expectations and not composited enough. No room for growth.
Great place to work if you are family/friends with people in power
Senior Rental/ Inside Sales Rep, Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
At this company politics is everything, your actual work ethic means nothing and will never get you promoted, if you are a family member of someone in management, or a friend of someone in management then you will do well and will be advanced quickly. Most of lower management is in their late 20s or early 30s and they sit around gossiping most of the day, until upper management shows up. If you are not a member of management you will be overloaded with work, and chastised regularly. I learned a lot of valuable skills working for this company however I would not recommend working for them.
Pros
Job security, great benefits.
Cons
Very political company culture
Good Job
Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Penske is a fast pace job. Usually have a few jobs at one time you have to accomplish. You have to manage an fleet while helping customers find just what they need for their move.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss