Penske Employee Reviews

Found 1,200 reviews matching the search See all 1,329 reviews
Great place
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
This place was great. I really enjoyed it. They paid me $1,000,000 up front and then it was all commission-based. But I was very happy with the pay since it was just a college summer job.
Pros
It was great
Cons
I didn't know how to spend all the money I was paid
Inconsistent workplace
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kinloch, MOJuly 12, 2018
Unorganized and inconsistent work environment, the company is very under staffed so they expect more of the employees to take on a heavier workload every day.
Really Good Place to Work
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
Really good place to work. Not perfect, would like more support from direct supervisors and better communication between shifts. Good people, good pay, good benefits. Good job.
Ok Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 11, 2018
I was working this job as an second job. Not really hard work. Management was great and team was solid. Got things done and picked each other up with help in all ways
Mediocre at Best
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
My job at Penske Honda was overall a poor experience. The work environment was unnecessarily stressful and cut-throat. The management was more concerned about their positions than the employees they were in charge of, and micromanaged employees rather than lead them. Pay raises and career advancement were empty promises that almost never came to fruition. The atmosphere was incredibly toxic and there was an extreme lack of respect and consideration between the management staff and regular employees. Overall a negative influence on my life and the lives of my fellow coworkers, and frequently caused stress related issues outside of the work environment.
Pros
Good coworkers, catered lunches
Cons
As listed in my review there are many.
Calling potential customers and taking walk-ins to sell or lease a vehicle
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed the interaction with the customers and I really enjoyed helping folks find the right vehicle for their particular needs. I was able to help many of my friends and former colleagues purchase vehicles and I used a social media page to advertise my position with the dealership. Most of my business was garnered through that page.
Pros
Interaction with my customers was a great experience.
A great place to work
Regional IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 10, 2018
All in all a great place to work but in the end it is retail and pay raises do not happen very often.

The people are nice and there is always a lot of work to do.

Projects come at you one after another.
Pros
Its a job
Sink or Swim Mentality
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2018
The role was not explained, nor any onboarding. Very "sink or swim" environment. Every single day you are required 50 cold calls, 2 schedules appointments, and 5 in person cold calls. Those are the minimum requirements in this role. There is so much more to it than this! you must fight for your customers, when you promise them the world and then are told to leave them in the hands of other people, whom may not even know their role themselves (fresh out of college). The hardest part of the job is to keep motivated when there is never any positive reinforcement among management. Very competitive position and not a lot of team playing in the hierarchy.
The company is absolutely brilliant and top notch. The best in the business. Different territories have different management styles. Depending where you are, can lead you to the best for growth; personally and professionally.
Excellent company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 4, 2018
Fast advancement, great training, high demanding job, multitasking is a must. I like the procedures and policies in place, it protects the employee and company.
High pressure and lack of team work and decision making
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJuly 3, 2018
No latitude to make very many decisions, only allowed one personal picture in your office, and managers are pitted against each other. However, there are some good people in Penske, just not in the right positions.
Pros
High profile company with great experience
Cons
Lack of management integrity, better get it in writing
Fast Paced and Growing
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 3, 2018
Great culture, fast paced environment. 3 shifts to choose from with different pay types in the warehouse. Driving jobs are always coming open, also with 3 shifts to choose from.

Equipment is fairly new, and well maintained. Opportunities to not only earn raises at 6months in, but 1 year, and 2 years, as well as monthly bonuses.
Pros
Paid holidays off, paid safety meetings, opportunity for advancement
Very fast paced
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 1, 2018
Good place to work, fast paced and i have a big willingness to learn and grow in any place i work. I believe that the management could be much better and they need to adjust the pay scales. It is very unfair how they work it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very Exciting if you like trucks and people
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2018
There are so many perks to working with Penske, you'd need a third hand to count them all. Management wasn't up the par; but it was a very interesting, fun job.
RENTAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 26, 2018
Does not like to pay overtime. work schedule changed weekly. Had to work at different locations. Hard to get time off. Benefits were ok. No opportunity for advancement.
Part time benefits but full time hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 24, 2018
I was hired on as a part time driver to move various wrecked or repaired trucks from customers terminals or other Penske locations. This job would be decent if the managenment would leave you alone and let you do your job. They insisted on micro managing your every move. They never understood issues that would arise on the road. You could make a round trip in half of the time they gave you and they would still question why it took you that long. I would not advise any driver to apply at the Lithia Springs location. I did hear other drivers at the other locations talk about how much happier they were at their locations. They want you to work 50+ hours a week, but then pay you part time wages with no benefits. Do yourself a favor and apply at one of the other local Penske locations if you do choose to apply there.
Pros
Easy Job when left alone
oportunity to learn
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg/ Columbia, SCJune 22, 2018
Penske was ok to work for. Overall if you are a hard worker like me you carry the load. Others could get away with doing nothing. I did not understand it. Managers looked the other way when the trouble makers sounded off and did nothing day after day. All shops were behind with their PM"s, Only because of these lazy guys who always hated on Penske and got paid to do nothing but upset those who brought there truck there for a repair.
Pros
training
Cons
fellow workers
Worst Job Experience in Trucking
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 22, 2018
From Lack of Communication to Not Fixing the Trucks, To cutting my Hours because I could NOT work 3rd shift, PENSKE IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Cons
NO Communication, Not being paid for workers comp
Competitive and fun environment
Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2018
You get to meet a lot of people and get know to most of them. This is a great company to work for. You get a lot of benefits working full time, paid time off, paid sick days. It can be stressful but it always works itself out at the end of the day! Everyone there is there to help you!
Productive and Supportive Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 15, 2018
The day to day consisted of responding to incoming calls and assisting those customers with service related questions.
I learned quite a lot about customer service and how to properly handle various situations.
I enjoyed working with management. Specifically, my immediate boss was very encouraging and supportive.
Those I worked with I came to care for, and they were also very easy to work with. I enjoy working as part of a team and they made it enjoyable
I suppose the most difficult part of my job would be having a customer concern and not being able to resolve it to their satisfaction. However, I believe those customers still have faith in our company at the end of our contact.
The most enjoyable part being coming in to work with my coworkers, speaking with customers and having the ability to fulfill all they asked of us.
Pros
local food trucks, long breaks
Often stressful job with decent pay and benfits
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 14, 2018
Typical day as a trainee or an assistant manager is overseeing the counter and all of its locations that it oversees, such as Home Depot's and mom & pop rental shops. Experience typically was good, however, a few unprofessional events led me away.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight