Penske Culture reviews

Found 248 reviews matching the search See all 1,690 reviews
great place for career minded
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 12, 2019
positive enviorment with many challenages to keep work flowing,parts availability difficult because many brands of trucks,loved my job sad to leave ,union shop schooling provided for techs,great benefits
Pros
just a great place to work, its the people
Cons
difficult to transfere to another location
Penske
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 10, 2019
Its was an okay job I loved it great workout great place to be at alot of hours and you have to dress warm for the job and you have to be fit for the job
It was ok job.
Sales Consultant/Product Specialist/certified (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 10, 2019
I loved cars so I made the best of it. The coworkers were awesome too. The brand was great and appealing to me. The management was not the greatest at all it seems like they were working against me everything I attempted to accomplish was being taking away and ignore and my coworkers started to see that too.
Ok start off for career
Lead technician (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 28, 2019
Worked there for 5 years, worked hard and excelled and fought every step too get very little. Perfect place for a yes sir to progress, but not an entrepreneur. Business politics play a big roll here, and once hired very unlikely you will be fired. If you want to settle for good enough and you are humble it’s great!!!! You are never asking for too much you are just asking the wrong person.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, hard to advance, low standard of employees
Fast Paced and Productive
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 24, 2019
Servicing customers with the upmost professionalism not only from myself but with a exceptional group of service technicians and management staff. I have truly experienced respect for the technicians and management.
Great company, Customer Focused
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2019
Great overall team company. Looking forward spending the rest of my working years with Penske. Has been a great provider for my family. Lots of opportunity here.
Pros
Lots of training available
Cons
No cons, do your job.
great company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
Penske is a great company with many benefits however Results may vary from location to location as far as the culture goes. Comradery, moral and general environment is left to these individual locations to boost these common needs while maximizing production, feel good attitude and balancing work and personal relationships.
Fast paced
Class A CDL Driver/Hiker (Current Employee) –  FontanaJune 12, 2019
All in all it’s not a bad place to work. There’s room for advancement if you want to get out of the seat. Plenty of OT and room to move around. It’s a union shop so there’s politics.
Pros
Ot
Cons
No benefits in my position
high paced work enviroment with advancement potential
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2019
good company to work for. lots of benefits, competitive pay, great time off, health care , dental, 401k, training and advancement opportunities, flexible schedules
Work driven
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYMay 27, 2019
Great place to work. We have a great group of people we work with on a daily basis and it’s more like family than just coworkers. We do fun events within our building.
Great place to work at
Diesel Technician/Mechanic III (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 20, 2019
great management, great job culture, job advancement, great learning experience and training, clean shop, great tools and equipment thats provided for certain jobs.
Busy all the time guaranteed min hours weekly
Vehicle Transporter (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAMay 20, 2019
Great company to work for Drive to and from designated dropping off and picking up 26 foot box trucks Freightliner,International,and Hino learned a lot of Body work tips ,painting etc management will work with you to help set a work schedule that fits you Penske culture goes back a ways Established company hardest part of my job getting to other locations and not finding the designated vehicle to bring back to body shop great thing about this job is meeting new contacts for future employment opportunities within the company
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No benefits
Union setting made the environment toxic
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ and Earth City, MOMay 20, 2019
You work horrible hours and have no life. Management micro managed everything which meant poor communication between them. Raises where only given to people they liked not people who outperformed. Politics was extremely bad making the environment toxic. Everybody threw everybody under the bus. Racism was blatant and you have no chance with Human Resources because management had them in there pockets. Just a poor environment and needs a lot of restructuring starting with management and then techs...
Pros
Weekly Check and vacation
Detailer / Lot Attendant
Detailer / Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 18, 2019
Fast paced, awesome culture from the front office to the shop, everyone is friendly and welcoming. Anything you need, all are willing to help. The work itself is moderately strenuous detailing vehicles but not overly difficult. I enjoy the challenges of restoring vehicles back to "like new" condition. I also get to clean the show cars and heritage vehicles as they go out for events.
Pros
Great team and awesome culture
Cons
Healthcare benefits are pricey but that's not a Penske issue.
Do not join in MIS department
Lead Oracle E-Business DBA & OBIEE admin (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 13, 2019
Very toxic work culture in MIS. Unreliable and untrusted management. Bad DESI culture.

You will learn all bad thing from them.

Most discouraging management ever seen.
Fun and challenging place to work.
Assistant Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 18, 2019
Penske was a great workplace. I was the Assistant Manager. I had a lot of duties but they were all fun. I enjoyed helping people out. I would highly recommend this job.
Demanding Industry and Poor Work Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Hills, PAApril 14, 2019
Penske is the industry leader. Very competitive environment with solid leadership, however, I can't imagine the incompetence at our competitors. Our technology is severely lacking and for a company who's entire existence is centered around others outsourcing their transportation needs, I can't understand why we continue to build our own clunky web apps. Penske teams are truly truck and transportation experts and the company as a whole is customer focused. As you can imagine, this is often at the expense of the employee's personal time and interests. Work life balance is not and has not ever been a priority in my time with the organization and I've been there over 15 years. Pay and benefits are acceptable, up to 4% match on 401k. Absolutely none of the modern business perks. Great upward mobility and career development if you can stand up to the constant pressures and ever changing directions. Lastly, the company used to be much more focused on developing leaders and leveraging that entrepreneurial spirit. Over the past few years the focus has changed much more towards the 'assembly line' approach.
Pros
Career Opportunities
Cons
Work Life Balance
Very productive and collaborative work environment
Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2019
My time at Penske has been awesome! The culture/ work environment is very welcoming. The management is outstanding and very supportive. There are countless opportunities to move up and grow within the company.
Run for Improvement
Hiker/Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936April 6, 2019
As a hiker/driver, the job is fairly simple but interesting, hours are flexible and the workplace culture is easy going. What I learned working at Penske is that communication is very important to do the job correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
NO raises
Volatile work atmosphere
Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2019
The only good thing you can say is pay is competitive other than that at least the Miami area shops ,at shop manament level this company has some of the most incompetent managers they don,t gave a dam about working conditions and working atmosphere very unprofessional almost promoting hostile work environment,it's sad because penske is a good company,due to the most part that this mangers positions are revolving doors, so then promote clowns that are techs that have very poor work ethics to run the show basically the fox that ate the hens is know in charge
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Attitude among coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight