Penske Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 491 reviews matching the search See all 1,790 reviews
Penske 24/7 Roadside Assistance Coordinator
Roadside Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 19, 2019
Very stressful job with horrible hours and poor management. Great career advancement if willing to "suck up" to higher ups. They say they have tons of overtime but lots of stipulations to it.
Pros
Pay, overtime possibilities
Cons
Short breaks, management, job sitting, if new the hours of work
Great company to work for!
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 17, 2019
Great company to work for! Positive environment. Flexible schedule around family obligations. Friendly atmosphere with great food available in cafeteria.
Company takes adjantage of part time workers
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHSeptember 13, 2019
Work over allotted hours often in order of managers. Then promised raise by manager in person then when time came they advised the company would not allow raises for my position even though raises were given to all other employees throughout the entire company. Then advised company may reevaluate the job next year. Taken advantage of whenever they can use you.
low wage and poor managment
Tech 1 Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHSeptember 13, 2019
Huge lack of communication with company. Wages were low for amount of work expected. Inconsistent overtime, Little to no pay raises. Bad hours and off days.
Pros
ablitiy to learn and work on many differnt makes and models
Cons
low pay bad hours and off days
Great to start your career but that's it
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 11, 2019
Great place to start a career in development but after awhile there is little room for advancement and salary is very low compared to other companies based on experience.
Wonderful company
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2019
Company was amazing to work for, amazing employees and the best on site experience for diesel techs, mangement was poor and in need for a serious change
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Great Company , Great Career Opportunities
Truck Technician I (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 7, 2019
I started with Penske in 1982, and worked at four different locations in the central U.S.. I left the company for personal and health reasons in 2012. Penske is a very stable, ethical, quality company. There are many opportunities to advance, good benefits and pay.
Could be a great place to work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 6, 2019
The pay is decent, benefits and time off are too. Upper management is typical corporate management. Lots of empty promises. They have very high expectations of your performance yet they provide bare minimum training.
Penske is a great company for beginners
Technician (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 4, 2019
Penske is a company that you can grow within. The company provide many ways to gain variety of certifications. The company also have great benefits as well.
Benefits
great place
PC Shop Admin (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 3, 2019
the position itself is very challenging. but the employees who work there make it easy to navigate through. very busy all the time and never a dull moment. a fun place to work. lots of benefits that make it worth the hassle
Pros
great organization
Cons
job can get a little stressful and very busy
Great pay and benefits, very stressful
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYSeptember 1, 2019
The pay and benefits at Penske are great. The company puts a lot of money into retirement plans, health insurance and sending technicians to training classes. The day to day operation is very stressful, but that’s just part of this industry. Over a good place to work if you’re willing to work.
Pros
Pay, benefits, Pto
Cons
Fast pace, stressful
Managers do not care about employees.
Bdc Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942August 27, 2019
Work was easy but management was very difficult to work with. Time off was impossible to get. Vacation hours were horrible. They changed my hours and commission without employee say.
Best local driving job.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 26, 2019
Love working there. I work for the shuttle division in Flint, Mi. Great management team Hourly wage, you drive less than 100 mile a day/night. Service GM plant from local warehouse. Teamster Pension. Easy work, if you have a good work ethic. The job is simple, but you need to do it safely and timely. Very little stress. 4 day work week. Unless you want OT.
Management is unprofessional and extremely judgemental
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2019
Interviewed with the head people at the company. It was a group interview and 3 out 5 of the people were late. Their expectations were set way to high for an entry level technician. I felt the people holding the interview were unprofessional and very judgemental. Not at all stable, unless you have worked there for 6 plus years. If another tech with a higher title wants your shift at your location they get and you will have to travel however far and change your life to make them happy. I would never recommend this company from my personal experience and from the people who have worked there. Pay and benefits are nice, but just about every single other shop offers the same. I turned down their position and took one that actually treated me like a person, and gave me better pay and benefits these joker's could offer. Again I would not recommend this place to anyone at anytime.
Pros
The same things any other shop offers
Cons
Read the review
Fast paced work enviroment
Senior Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2019
Penske is a good company to work for. They have excellent benefits and there are plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. As a rental counter associate there is a lot of interaction with customers and your able to help people with their move.
A Fair Company
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Rose, LAAugust 19, 2019
Penske is a great place to work. Fair management good pay. The benefits are average cost, the vacations are average compared to others I have experienced.
Spotter truck driver (Current Employee) –  Whirlpool Marion OhioAugust 11, 2019
This job is fast paced and hard. Hang in there and you will survive. The first month is hard . You can survive. You will not advance. The supervisor is a good person.
Casual/Part time
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 10, 2019
I enjoy working for Penske. The interview was straight forward for the Hiker position. You drive all sorts of Penske trucks to different locations for customer needs. Every Penske truck is in perfect condition and will never leave the yard until it is clean inside and out and mechanically sound for the customer.

This is the first job I have had that every truck I drive is like brand new and have actually driven many with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Penske replaces there trucks with low miles. Only a couple of the trucks I have driven had over 100,000 miles and those were leased to other companies.

The long and short of it is I love my job and all the people I work with including the other hikers,management and mechanics.

I collect one of my pensions along with working for Penske and I make plenty per week so I don't worry about benefits or vacation pay.

I may be just a part time/casual employee but everyone treats me with respect including the managers.

Anyone accepting employment as a Penske Hiker know exactly what the job description is prior to being hired so there is no need to ever complain.
Overall, if the company paid a better entry level pay.
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2019
Companies flexibility is great, companies entry level pay needs to be 13.50 , CDL drivers pay should be 15.25, after 2 years of service some type of benefits should be offered at a reasonable rate.
Mechanic
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJAugust 7, 2019
Good management, ok work environment, shop equipment is old and tired, work pace is fair, too many techs for small shop, pay is decent, positive work attitude with all techs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight