Penske Employee Reviews

Found 1,462 reviews matching the search See all 1,608 reviews
Great place to work for
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAJune 18, 2019
Great place to work for. Lots of room for advancement, great benefits, tuition reimbursement, fun team building activities. They make sure you have all the training you need to get the job done.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement.
great place to get experience
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 18, 2019
good place to get experience they will work with your schedule. i learned how to do wheel alignmets, brake jobs, suspension, Hvac , road test vehicles for noises, wheel balancing , tire machine.
great company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
Penske is a great company with many benefits however Results may vary from location to location as far as the culture goes. Comradery, moral and general environment is left to these individual locations to boost these common needs while maximizing production, feel good attitude and balancing work and personal relationships.
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 16, 2019
Really loved working here, the supervisors are all out for your best interests and will go out of their way to help you. There are so many bonuses to working to this job and earning a great commission check is super easy as well!
Would be great with better management
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 14, 2019
Fleet maintenance so no major repairs. Good Union retirement plan. Slightly below average pay compared to other local shops. At my location majority of supervisors are incompetent so technicians have to schedule customers, create RO's, order parts, and perform repairs.
Pros
Union retirement
Fast paced
Class A CDL Driver/Hiker (Current Employee) –  FontanaJune 12, 2019
All in all it’s not a bad place to work. There’s room for advancement if you want to get out of the seat. Plenty of OT and room to move around. It’s a union shop so there’s politics.
Pros
Ot
Cons
No benefits in my position
Penske
Consultant (Project in Class) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2019
I worked with their Birmingham location over the course of a semester to help them find solutions as to why they were struggling to fill employment openings. They seemed to be very interested in improving and open to new ideas.
Fast paced and stressful
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 5, 2019
Great Company to work for. The only thing is that every District is different in how they do things. Upper management doesn't always see the whole picture
Pros
good benefits
Cons
advancement isn't there for management, always remembers the bad and not the good thats being done
Not a productive nor fun workplace. Poor management along with no people skills.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2019
Not a great place to work just in general. Management is poor with horrendous people and communication skills. Supplies and shop necessities that are needed everyday will not be replenished unless the “big bosses” come randomly to check.
Pros
Nome
Cons
Management lies to you, no pay raises, and no room for career advancement.
high paced work enviroment with advancement potential
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2019
good company to work for. lots of benefits, competitive pay, great time off, health care , dental, 401k, training and advancement opportunities, flexible schedules
well groomed
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2019
well groomed company with alot of growth for drivers to really go and see different places and make money doing so. have alot of benefits and stock with 401k
I believe Penske Is a great company. The management at the location I worked at was just very poor.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSMay 30, 2019
I don’t think Penske is a bad company by any means, the management is just very poor in the location I worked at. Employees telling the shop manager what they would and would not work on and him not doing a thing about it but give the work to someone else. Technicians in positions that couldn’t do there job title. Frustrating for a working man. As far and the company Penske is great. I just had a lot of bad experiences with a manager. This man is the type of guy that would look you right in the eye and lie to you. Did it to me multiple times, and I just don’t have a care in the world for people like that. It’s sad and it’s disappointing. Corporate should definitely look into the Richland Mississippi location more. There’s a lot that goes on there y’all should know about
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, and regular schedule changes
A great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 30, 2019
A typical day is 8 to 10 hours, depending on your job and how much work is required. The work is agreeable and challenging at the same time. The parts inventory procedure could be better as there are many small parts that can differ from truck to truck. The employees are usually easy to get along with. I left because I was injured on the job and the injury prevented me from having a CDL license.
Pros
Good people
Not the place to be
WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Current Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIMay 28, 2019
The job was strenuous, you lacked knowledge of what your role was, and you walked in not knowing what you were getting into as far as the work itself. the hours were long and you never knew when your shift was over meaning, your hours could vary from 7am-2pm or 7am to 7pm, depending on the workload for that day. i do not recommend working here unless you're schedule is very flexible
Pros
optional advancement
Cons
terrible hours, poor management
Work driven
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYMay 27, 2019
Great place to work. We have a great group of people we work with on a daily basis and it’s more like family than just coworkers. We do fun events within our building.
Maybe
Truck Driver /Spotter (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INMay 25, 2019
I will not say anything good bad or in between I do not like your point on these subjects it really does not help me out instead it hurts me to fine a real good life that I can be proud to be a part of the facts does not matter when everything in life does change daily
Great place to work at
Diesel Technician/Mechanic III (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 20, 2019
great management, great job culture, job advancement, great learning experience and training, clean shop, great tools and equipment thats provided for certain jobs.
Union setting made the environment toxic
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ and Earth City, MOMay 20, 2019
You work horrible hours and have no life. Management micro managed everything which meant poor communication between them. Raises where only given to people they liked not people who outperformed. Politics was extremely bad making the environment toxic. Everybody threw everybody under the bus. Racism was blatant and you have no chance with Human Resources because management had them in there pockets. Just a poor environment and needs a lot of restructuring starting with management and then techs...
Pros
Weekly Check and vacation
Detailer / Lot Attendant
Detailer / Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 18, 2019
Fast paced, awesome culture from the front office to the shop, everyone is friendly and welcoming. Anything you need, all are willing to help. The work itself is moderately strenuous detailing vehicles but not overly difficult. I enjoy the challenges of restoring vehicles back to "like new" condition. I also get to clean the show cars and heritage vehicles as they go out for events.
Pros
Great team and awesome culture
Cons
Healthcare benefits are pricey but that's not a Penske issue.
Accur Staffing Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMay 18, 2019
I don't think the employees are fair they try to put more than what you can handle guys beer call females I'll get her name is that that's the only part I ain't like the other than that they are like...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Penske.

Powered by Comparably