Penske Employee Reviews

Think twice before applying here.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIFebruary 27, 2018
Worst company I've ever worked for. Very stressful work environment and management is a joke. You know what time you start your shift, but have no idea when your shift ends. Also, be prepared for management to constantly change your schedule with little to no notice. It's almost like working in a Gulag, but the only difference is you get paid.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor magement, safety and stressful
Great place to Work
Diesel Mechanic, Tech I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Great Company to work for, The Management in the shop operates with a lot of favoritism. Benefits are great. They send techs to classes to get certified.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay is OK.
Cons
If your not friendly with the Management they will find a way to get you out.
Supervisor treats you unfair
Forklift Operator Certified (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The Supervisor treats you unfair and is always on your case on top of that lack of training they expect you to learn everything in one day if your not use to cold weather dont even bother trying you wont last and the pay aint good for how much you'll be doing
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short brakes
good work atmosphere
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2018
the interaction between management and employee is relaxed but professional and courteous and lighthearted at times. I enjoy the people I work with but my reason for needing a change is that I need full time employment.
over worked
CSR/Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 24, 2018
As a women I ended up being treated differently even though I knew my job well. I was to wash trucks, fuel trucks, work on trucks, takeout trash, clean offices and anything else they wanted me to do.
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
sexist work enviroment
They have opportunities
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 24, 2018
They are a good company to work for there are plenty of opportunities to move up in the company and they will teach and send you for the training. My day at work starts out with recording my fuel numbers and then punching them into the computer out at the fuel island. When I am done doing that I start on my rental units for the day with cleaning and detailing them for the next day use. I also help out around the shop when needed.
Pros
when we did good on something they would buy us lunch.
Cons
n/a
not very nice people.
Hiker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 23, 2018
You get fired for the stupid reasons. no warnings. they don't care about nobody but themselves. not enough pay too cheap. they don't follow there guide lines, hickers don't need class cdl A to drive trucks. rent u haul treat much better.
Pros
nothing good.but a picnic
Cons
no health care, not enough pay.
a great place to start out to be a mechanic
Tech 2 and Shop Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2018
not a place for a long career. not set up to be that way. if you are looking to be a mechanic this is a great place will take you 5 years to learn to be a class 3 mechanic you will never be a class A with this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
It's a very productive work environment with some stress.
Very fast paced and always changing It's located in a bad neighborhood so one must always be on their toes.
Pros
Health, 401k, fair wages
Cons
Located in bad neighborhood
Good work space area, friendly environment, low management and pay.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Good and friendly environment, good resources and large work space, not so good on management and services. They expect you to work more and not get pay enough.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bad pay, healthcare insurance is bad, 401k no so great.
Entry level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107February 16, 2018
This was a good company if u wanted to move up and learn more. They had a good program to promote from within. Great laid back people to work with. Teamster union
fast pace and friendly
Lead Diesel Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 15, 2018
fast pace and friendly place to work, will take forever to get the shift you want to work. work on everything from gas, propane, diesel, reefers, hydraulics, hybrid, and one off custom stuff example wienermobile
Pros
insane veriity of equipment to work on
Cons
poor communication
Hostile Work Enviornment
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSFebruary 15, 2018
I can only speak from my experience with MS district, but if you care about your family and expect to be treated with respect, don't work here. Management does not know how to work effectively. They manage with fear and intimidation. There is little if any coaching with employees and limited training.
Pros
Good pay
Great bosses
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INFebruary 14, 2018
Bosses were very helpful nice and willing to help as much as possible was very sad to leave. Other employees were very nice also and willing to lend a hand whenever needed
service
Store Manager/Service Manager/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 13, 2018
the company close al its store nation wide. but the compay paid all its employees time due.set up job faird. they did alot to help emloyees find new jobs.
Rent trucks to the customer
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 12, 2018
There is a lot to do when you work for Penske, but the most important thing is to take care of the customer. Your #1 job is to rent trucks, and everything else after that is secondary.
Pros
Fast Paced and meet new people
Cons
Summer months can be stressful but rewarding.
Not for everyone
Sales and Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 12, 2018
Penske is an amazing company and they are the best at what they do. However, this is not the job where you sit around the breakroom and converse with your co-workers during 20% of your day. Penske has very high expectations of employees and seeks to promote those who outperform the others. If you are very exceptional in communication and time management and can handle high-stress environments than you have the ability to go far.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress
Workplace culture
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHFebruary 10, 2018
It was a positive environment to work in. People were genuinely supportive of each other and were always willing to help out if needed. Management was not there just to management, but mentor and coach as well.
not very nice people.
Homeless Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 7, 2018
Pros
nothing good.but a picnic
Cons
no health care, not enough pay.
Poor Management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Management has no structure and do not value employees that go above and beyond to assist customers. Would not recommend to anyone that is looking for a career
Pros
Employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight