Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

This job is a stepping stone
Team Lead IG Pump Line(s) (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 3, 2019
This job is a stepping stone to bigger and greater jobs. While working here I realized my true potential and work ethic. The employees are great to work with although the turnover rate is exceptionally high. Due in fact to improper training, faulty equipment and lack of compassion from upper management. Great benefits and 401k plan also with stock purchase plan, which is really great. Ultimately it is a great job, but based on personal experiences this is not a career based employment opportunity. Never limit your own abilities, always know your worth and accept nothing less!
Pros
xmas gift cards, paid holidays, nice benefits
AP department needs to become more efficient
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 1, 2019
We operate in emergency status instead of following set procedures. Procedures also need to be updated. Manager needs help to do her job. Too many people to manage.
Trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip
Material Flow Supervisor/Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNDecember 20, 2018
They are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. I worked all year on the reviews for my team. When i finally submitted them my boss took my lap top logged into my account and lowered all the ratings I gave my employees. His explanation was weak to say the least. I'm guessing he got pressure from above to lower them.
Pros
Room for advancement... out of their desperation
Cons
Don't really care about employees
Good job but there’s a lot of negativity there
Assembler/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 13, 2018
Good job. Short breaks. If you want to get ahead at this place it’s not what you know but who you know. They show favoritism so it’s best to stay to yourself if you don’t want any conflict. The leads don’t applaud you for hard work done they just focus on the negative and make it a big issue throughout all shifts. If you are unfavorited the leads will watch you closely and put favorable employees to watch you too. Which ultimately would lead to termination. The work is simple though, working assembly alone at a machine. The heat It’s unbearable in the summer no air or ventilation. They do keep water stored in nearby cooler and pass along popsicles only if they temperature is about over 80 degrees. Overall management is ok but they don’t value the employees as much as they should and for that it’s a huge turnover rate. Pretty much be job is cool it’s simple and easy but associates are the big problem, most are not team players and gossip a lot. 99.9% women in assembly and mostly men doing hard labor work. I hated the fact that if you were well liked you could basically get away with murder there and if not you are watched and told on constantly even for little things.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Negativity from associates, Short breaks, To advance you have to know someone experience doesn’t matter
A true exposure to global competitiveness
Lean Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 2, 2018
Pentair work is formal and structured, derived from Strategic planning, dynamic, all about removing waste and creating value. Heavily investing in training employees and demanding execution: it is a great and fair company!
Pros
Training, exposure, hands on work
Cons
Bit of politics, less then average
Typical Day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 29, 2018
The company is a great place to work. It has great benefits. The company is skilled trade and you can learn new things on the job, The job is very knowledgeable.
benefits
Fun company to work for
Logistics Internship (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WINovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for them they were a great company that allowed me to expand my horizon and get some on hand experience with working in the Supply Chain of a company.
Great place to work if you are on the floor working
LEAN TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 7, 2018
Great benefits but a lot of turnover in management making the workplace consistently changing. Cafeteria in the building cannot leave while working unless you are a salary employee
Benefits
Cons
Professional company with a multitude of unfocussed targets.
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 6, 2018
Great Company; however, it is a boy's culture. Culture mentality is summed up as follows: "Well, I can play too".

You can have a structured target or project that gets pulled and cancelled when close to finishing. For example: Start a project for an education class that is aligned with managements targets. Everything is progressing well only to be shifted into a different project with no conclusion of the old project.

The Sustainment piece can be put into place with no adherence. Countless projects have great buy in and sustainment only to be shelved by new management and leadership.

On a lighter side, the most enjoyable piece is bringing value to employees, leadership, and to the customers. Yes it is challenging, but very rewarding to help our associates achieve their full potential through cross functional teams or ongoing coaching.

In summary, not every manager and employee has the right traits and talents to lead and influence. This company tends to hire elites into the managerial positions, which is good if they understand how to run their department and win hearts and minds of the associates. For example, if a manager comes from a process plant making glass. The learning curve into a plastics plant is very steep, and they may be hesitant to learn the best practices from those around them.

Full disclosure: Often when we speak of others it is often a reflection of ourselves. This is a very objective review noticed by other individuals at this facility.
Pros
Professional Pay
Cons
Culture has slipped in the past 5 years. Playful mentality
Work place was dead, most people disliked it there.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 14, 2018
the job itself wasn't hard but the attendance policy was poor, the people hated it there and the management showed a lot of favoritism and the communication between leads was horrendous.
Pros
easy work, air conditioned, and decent breaks
Cons
work hours, lack of career advancement, flexibility
It was a nice atmosphere to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNOctober 9, 2018
After the new CEO came in they stop company picnic I think they should have kept that also they start cutting back on the employees they gave some of the employees the ultimatum to move to another position or resign
Pros
Assembler
Interdepartmental cohesiveness
Design/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 2, 2018
Pentair has a very good interdepartmental cohesiveness. Each department well with every other department to insure a quality product is delivered on time.
good company
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoy working at Pentair. The typical day working at Pentair is busy but that makes the day go by faster. The people make the workplace more workable. I
Pros
advancement opertunities
benefits
Pentair invests in employees
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Pentair spends a lot of time investing in the culture and team environment. Pentair is a manufacturing firm that put a lot of stock in employee satisfaction. People are empowered to make decisions in a global environment.
You have to be fast to be able to work there
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 25, 2018
We come to work. we go to our work location and start working. we build pumps and other parts. we also help out other cell that need help with their work
face paced long hours laughable pay
General Assembly Technician, back up Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Constantly moving and working in extreme heat or cold. No concern for safety of employees as long as they were standing there working. If you are sick too bad you still have to come in or you risk losing your job.
Lack of proper management
Mfg Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Biggest hit to working here is a lack of proper management. It’s currently heading downhill with an increasing amount of employees leaving, including long time employees. This all comes back to management complaining about wanting better but not listening to advice from emoloyees on different ways of making it better. When they do listen they say something is going to be done to improve, but nothing ever is done.
Pros
Nice coworkers with great attitudes.
Cons
Workloads on great employees, always are expected to do more than they can handle.
This place has great benefits.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 13, 2018
You can learn a lot if you are under the right management. This place on the operations side will be able to a lot of overtime not so in the office setting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism
N/a
Packer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Production fast. Pace long day. Good employees dirty
No heat no ventilation. Running business into ground
Bad management no comumacation.non. stop work.
N/a
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 1, 2018
As far as success in this type of work goes, it depends on the type of person you are & what you're looking for in a job. If you're looking for a slow-pace environment, this work is not for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight