Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Repetitive fast pace on the clock
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMarch 19, 2019
I worked as an assembler for 2 years at Pentair. We build pool heaters. A LOT of safety rules to follow aside from wearing gloves ear plugs & safety glasses. The line consists of 13 stations, each station provides different tools for the required instructions to build the heater. You will be working about 12 hours most of the days from Monday to Saturday from 5 am to 5 pm weekend you go in at 4 am
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts most of the time.
Tries to be forward looking but really political and slow management team.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2019
They gave some good initiatives going on but the management team is very conservative, lots of politics, miss representation of information. Not a great environment to innovate and collaborate.
fast paced production
Hydraulic CNC Brake press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMarch 16, 2019
fast paced work environment,learned a few different machines,,presses.Great people in management for problem solving .this job was a great learning tool.There were a great group of employees.This job moved to mexico a lot of people lost their job.
Pros
production bounuses
Cons
job ended and relocated to mexico
Was a fun place to work with great people
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMarch 15, 2019
I worked at Pentair for almost two decades. I was one of the first people hired. The work was hard but not too extreme. Everone knew their job and were pretty much left alone to do it. They moved to Mexico to save cost.
Pros
great co workers, good benifits
Cons
Moved to Mexico
Confused and chaotic
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 13, 2019
Build schedules were constantly changed without regard to material or labor availability. Management was told how many people and the number of parts they had but chose to ignore facts, or they could not do simple arithmetic. The managing philosophy was "well we will pound it out of them." Compounding the issue was initial labor rate for the factory floor was lower than WalMart of Lidl Grocery store offered in town.
Pros
Actual Product Lines were simplistic and easy to learn.
Cons
Lack of control over scheduling or forecasting creating an unneeded constant state of chaos.
Little opportunity to advance as a engineer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2019
Stable but no chance for advancement. Engineering will now be focused at North Carolina facility. Engineering at Moorpark location is a dead end. Lack of cross function teamwork on projects
Pros
stable job/tuition reimbursement
Cons
No career path for engineers
Great company to work for
Welder, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYFebruary 26, 2019
Pentair provides many opportunities for advancement through your current location or many locations nationally. My overall experience with Pentair was awesome and I would definitely work there again.
Great work place.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MN 55112February 16, 2019
I found Pentair's to be a great place to work. Management, Supervisor and HR were there when you need them. I enjoy been quickly accepted as part of a team that relied and trusted in my performance to do my job professionally and on time.
Pros
Greta work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 29, 2019
The work environment was nice and clean, everyone is friendly and it’s a fun place to work. Also, there is free coffee and pop drink during break hour.
Nice and friendly place to work. Flexible schedule.
Contract Engineer; Solidworks 17 (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 25, 2019
Relaxed pace, plenty of autonomy. good equipment. friendly staff.

Newer building, easy access to the interstate. Lots of conversation/break areas as well as phone rooms and a nursing room for new mothers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor communications
A Great Place to Work - Mindful of the Environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJanuary 22, 2019
I loved working there and I would have loved to stay. However, I was hired under temporary contract. I was called back for a second contract and was glad to be available for it.
Pros
Fun, cooperative team. Up-to-date technology. Lots of free food.
Cons
No permanent position for my job description. Some wear multiple hats.
Good
CNC Setup Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 22, 2019
The company was ok . I need more stability and career advancement and pentair wasn’t the place to do that . I recommend people do there homework on their job of choice
Great place but location closed
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Wonderful place to work with a great management team and employees. Awesome benefits, work/life balance, & opportunity to learn. Too bad the location I worked at closed.
Pros
Free lunches, great management
I miss Pentair
Shipper/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 4, 2019
Pentair in Sheboygan is no longer.it was a great place for me to hang my hat.worked with a lot of great people over the years and still run into quite a few.
This job is a stepping stone
Team Lead IG Pump Line(s) (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 3, 2019
This job is a stepping stone to bigger and greater jobs. While working here I realized my true potential and work ethic. The employees are great to work with although the turnover rate is exceptionally high. Due in fact to improper training, faulty equipment and lack of compassion from upper management. Great benefits and 401k plan also with stock purchase plan, which is really great. Ultimately it is a great job, but based on personal experiences this is not a career based employment opportunity. Never limit your own abilities, always know your worth and accept nothing less!
Pros
xmas gift cards, paid holidays, nice benefits
AP department needs to become more efficient
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 1, 2019
We operate in emergency status instead of following set procedures. Procedures also need to be updated. Manager needs help to do her job. Too many people to manage.
Trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip
Material Flow Supervisor/Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNDecember 20, 2018
They are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. I worked all year on the reviews for my team. When i finally submitted them my boss took my lap top logged into my account and lowered all the ratings I gave my employees. His explanation was weak to say the least. I'm guessing he got pressure from above to lower them.
Pros
Room for advancement... out of their desperation
Cons
Don't really care about employees
Good job but there’s a lot of negativity there
Assembler/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 13, 2018
Good job. Short breaks. If you want to get ahead at this place it’s not what you know but who you know. They show favoritism so it’s best to stay to yourself if you don’t want any conflict. The leads don’t applaud you for hard work done they just focus on the negative and make it a big issue throughout all shifts. If you are unfavorited the leads will watch you closely and put favorable employees to watch you too. Which ultimately would lead to termination. The work is simple though, working assembly alone at a machine. The heat It’s unbearable in the summer no air or ventilation. They do keep water stored in nearby cooler and pass along popsicles only if they temperature is about over 80 degrees. Overall management is ok but they don’t value the employees as much as they should and for that it’s a huge turnover rate. Pretty much be job is cool it’s simple and easy but associates are the big problem, most are not team players and gossip a lot. 99.9% women in assembly and mostly men doing hard labor work. I hated the fact that if you were well liked you could basically get away with murder there and if not you are watched and told on constantly even for little things.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Negativity from associates, Short breaks, To advance you have to know someone experience doesn’t matter
A true exposure to global competitiveness
Lean Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 2, 2018
Pentair work is formal and structured, derived from Strategic planning, dynamic, all about removing waste and creating value. Heavily investing in training employees and demanding execution: it is a great and fair company!
Pros
Training, exposure, hands on work
Cons
Bit of politics, less then average
Typical Day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 29, 2018
The company is a great place to work. It has great benefits. The company is skilled trade and you can learn new things on the job, The job is very knowledgeable.
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight