Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun company to work for
Logistics Internship (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WINovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for them they were a great company that allowed me to expand my horizon and get some on hand experience with working in the Supply Chain of a company.
Professional company with a multitude of unfocussed targets.
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 6, 2018
Great Company; however, it is a boy's culture. Culture mentality is summed up as follows: "Well, I can play too".

You can have a structured target or project that gets pulled and cancelled when close to finishing. For example: Start a project for an education class that is aligned with managements targets. Everything is progressing well only to be shifted into a different project with no conclusion of the old project.

The Sustainment piece can be put into place with no adherence. Countless projects have great buy in and sustainment only to be shelved by new management and leadership.

On a lighter side, the most enjoyable piece is bringing value to employees, leadership, and to the customers. Yes it is challenging, but very rewarding to help our associates achieve their full potential through cross functional teams or ongoing coaching.

In summary, not every manager and employee has the right traits and talents to lead and influence. This company tends to hire elites into the managerial positions, which is good if they understand how to run their department and win hearts and minds of the associates. For example, if a manager comes from a process plant making glass. The learning curve into a plastics plant is very steep, and they may be hesitant to learn the best practices from those around them.

Full disclosure: Often when we speak of others it is often a reflection of ourselves. This is a very objective review noticed by other individuals at this facility.
Pros
Professional Pay
Cons
Culture has slipped in the past 5 years. Playful mentality
Work place was dead, most people disliked it there.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 14, 2018
the job itself wasn't hard but the attendance policy was poor, the people hated it there and the management showed a lot of favoritism and the communication between leads was horrendous.
Pros
easy work, air conditioned, and decent breaks
Cons
work hours, lack of career advancement, flexibility
It was a nice atmosphere to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNOctober 9, 2018
After the new CEO came in they stop company picnic I think they should have kept that also they start cutting back on the employees they gave some of the employees the ultimatum to move to another position or resign
Pros
Assembler
Interdepartmental cohesiveness
Design/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 2, 2018
Pentair has a very good interdepartmental cohesiveness. Each department well with every other department to insure a quality product is delivered on time.
good company
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoy working at Pentair. The typical day working at Pentair is busy but that makes the day go by faster. The people make the workplace more workable. I
Pros
advancement opertunities
benefits
Pentair invests in employees
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Pentair spends a lot of time investing in the culture and team environment. Pentair is a manufacturing firm that put a lot of stock in employee satisfaction. People are empowered to make decisions in a global environment.
You have to be fast to be able to work there
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 25, 2018
We come to work. we go to our work location and start working. we build pumps and other parts. we also help out other cell that need help with their work
face paced long hours laughable pay
General Assembly Technician, back up Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Constantly moving and working in extreme heat or cold. No concern for safety of employees as long as they were standing there working. If you are sick too bad you still have to come in or you risk losing your job.
Lack of proper management
Mfg Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Biggest hit to working here is a lack of proper management. It’s currently heading downhill with an increasing amount of employees leaving, including long time employees. This all comes back to management complaining about wanting better but not listening to advice from emoloyees on different ways of making it better. When they do listen they say something is going to be done to improve, but nothing ever is done.
Pros
Nice coworkers with great attitudes.
Cons
Workloads on great employees, always are expected to do more than they can handle.
This place has great benefits.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 13, 2018
You can learn a lot if you are under the right management. This place on the operations side will be able to a lot of overtime not so in the office setting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism
N/a
Packer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Production fast. Pace long day. Good employees dirty
No heat no ventilation. Running business into ground
Bad management no comumacation.non. stop work.
N/a
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 1, 2018
As far as success in this type of work goes, it depends on the type of person you are & what you're looking for in a job. If you're looking for a slow-pace environment, this work is not for you.
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAAugust 25, 2018
Was to ensure that my production line was set and ready to run at start of day. Maintain hour by hour production numbers and report out any issues I encounter that effected my not to hit my hourly standard. Also daily maintain a counter measure board and update as needed.
Pros
strong workfoce
Cons
Management team and work force team are disconnected
cut throat work place
winder (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 24, 2018
your pretty much a pig in a pig pen working there, they dont care much for wearing on the body though the job is very physical and demanding. if your looking to make a good paycheck its a place to work.
Pros
money is good
Cons
you have to work like superman
High Stress!
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 23, 2018
poor management practices caused serious detriments to moral. along with intentional negligence of product quality and standard safety procedures that resulted in near-weekly plant-wide alerts! heat illnesses where common in the summer months as well, due to heat indices reaching 100+
Pros
good pay, occasional free lunches, benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime. unsafe work environment. incompetent management
Good team work but, no coaching or training at start with work tools.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAAugust 17, 2018
Trainings are offered but to preferred people
I refuse to disclose more of my experience there but in general is a good company for privileged people.
Energetic environment with limited resources.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIAugust 14, 2018
Pentair is a global water company that requires you to handle multiple projects at once. Due to a very heavy workload, time management is very important. There are continuous changes in upper management and there is always the possibility that your responsibilities will change over time. Everyone is typically pretty helpful and always willing to offer their assistance. There are several companies working out of the same space, so there is always distraction that you will need to look past in order to complete you work. There are limited resources so it is typically a learn as you go process. Having great co-workers to support you and a flexible work scheduled makes it much easier to balance out your work life from your family. Overall, its a great company to work depending on the type work environment you are comfortable with.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good benefits
Cons
Limited resources
Outstanding company with room for growth
Inside Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 7, 2018
It's a great company to work for with great employee benefits. There is a opportunity for promotion if you're committed to learn and lead. The business is one that will always be in demand.
Love to go back
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Machine operatorAugust 4, 2018
My review loved working at pentair great people to work around great money,wished to be we hired back I hope than will condsever me too come back the reason wasnt fair why than let me go ,such t bff an would give me another chance.is all I ask.do t feek was done right ,wish than would call me askpeoe around than will tell u I am a good working ask so of the people their.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight