Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very productive and a fun and exciting place to work in
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 18, 2018
managing coworkers ,while at the same time learning and discovering new things that can help grow the company while attending meeting. Attending challenges in a fun way to teach new employees how to problem solve issues thru training
Pros
annual bonus, parties, meet and greets
Cons
sometimes having to be the bad guy when being someones manager
Good pay. That’s it.
CNC LATHE/MILL OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJuly 17, 2018
The pay and benefits are great. Outside of that, management is largely incompetent and has no idea how to handle their employees or the tasks at hand. Good workers leave due to the way management treats workers. The union isn’t great either.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
The place is well laid out. It all depends on what you do there. I recommend Fabrication
Grinder/Buffer (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJuly 11, 2018
It’s a great place to work, management just needs to step up their game a little. Days can get long and the mornings can be roUgh. But I can say I don’t hate the place when I’m their
introduction
Medical Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55110July 10, 2018
Knowlaege and/or skills essential
1. Attentive to detail
2. Take care to comlete tasks and well
3. Well organized
4. Responsible attitude
5. Working in group and under supervisor
This company was an awesome place to work for
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 10, 2018
My daily job was to make water filters and package them for shipping. The manager was awesome I really wish they had a company in Louisiana because I would deffentlly work there again.
Greatcompany
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 9, 2018
Great company and decent benefits clean place to work in miss it at times wish I could have got a few more years there but due to downsizing I saw it coming
Pros
Close by, Pay, Benefits, At time bonus co workers
Cons
Hot and heavy work at times
Shipping Associate| Assembler| Welder (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 2, 2018
Very good place to work, Underpaid and overworked.
You get moved constantly and it is very stressful for some people. Be prepared to learn different trades and be patient.
Never know where you will permanently stay.
Plenty of overtime at least 20+ per week.
Pros
Great Benefits, Overtime, Weekends off.
Cons
30 Min Lunch, Constant moving around the company.
Fast paced work environment with little appreciation for the worker
Material Coordinator (Operations) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2018
Poor management starting at the top level, supervisor does micromanaging and does not do actual work to help. No room for advancement, there is such a thing as too Lean... the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work here.
Pros
Cool people, flexible schedule, casual attire.
Cons
supervisor
Good company
Foreman/Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 28, 2018
great company to work for the only reason i left was because they didnt offer benefits. The job sites were good. People were great, made some good friends from working there.
Pentair Review
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYJune 27, 2018
Pentair is a great company to work for. Most large companies can lose track of the everyday employees. However this is not the case with Pentair. Great staff and management team.
Great Place to Work
Technical Writer and Global SIOP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Pentair was an amazing place to work. I joined up back when it was Tracer under the recommendation of a friend. At that point, I learned a LOT. I cannot stress this. I was promoted a few times and continued to expand my skills.

I am grateful for the time I spent with Pentair and would recommend them to anyone.
Investment in Growth and Change
Assembler (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJune 22, 2018
Org is focusing on growth resulting in positive changes to employees and customers. Managers more focused and holding employees accountable. Company rewards empowered employees.
Pros
Training, new leaders, New mission vision, new employees, experienced employees
Cons
Expect to be a part of change management initiatives, tenured staff may leave as don’t want to be a part of the change
HR can be trouble
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJune 20, 2018
They talk of room for advancement but it can be tough is you start low or on the production floor. Most people use the company as a stepping stone so new people are training new people and it makes people want to leave.
Poor Management
Material Lead (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 19, 2018
Poor management. I am sorry, if this isn't good enough for you. That is really all I have to say about Pentair. I did not enjoy my time there, because it was poorly run.
Pentair is a fast paced working environment
Wiring assembly (Former Employee) –  Houston texasJune 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for because the management and the workers obey what we are told to do. Whether if it’s a hard task, we still get the job done.
Pros
Great environment, Face paced, Friendly people
Cons
Short break
bad workplace people don't respect each other
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 16, 2018
place of environment was hard to work in nobody respected one another. Managers were hard to find. weren't hands on didn't help much. The managers were rude, and at most not understanding when you didn't catch on as quick.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you work hard and have no life
Factory Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHJune 13, 2018
The pay, benefits, and most of the people are pretty awesome. Like any other place, there are those who start a lot of drama and it's irritating. Otherwise, it's hot year round, messy but much cleaner than any other factory I've worked in, you're gonna work hard and you're gonna sweat a lot. There's almost always overtime to be done. If you're like me, you can do up to 60 - 65 hours a week in the summer to make up for your 40 hour winter weeks (even that's rare). They schedule you typical 8 hour shifts, monday-friday (third shift is sunday - thurdsay nights) and to days a week minimum is an extra four hours before or after your shift. I mostly enjoy the friends I've made on the job and some of the work I'm certified to do. There's always room for advancement as long as your shift and department are fully staffed. The hardest part of this job is the long summer hours, honestly. And the thing I most dislike about this job is the management. Oh boy, I have a lot of issues with these people... Some of them are pretty cool, but the ones I directly deal with are not concerned with your well being, don't take your concerns or comments seriously, and like to talk badly about employees behind their backs. And there is ZERO communication... They are not leaders or supervisors, they're more like children in high school. HR doesn't help either, you need to call the anonymous employee hotline.
Pros
benefits, good pay, good people, hard work, clean factory, advancement
Cons
management, expensive break room snacks, no pingpong table, no communication skills on management level, hot, humid, overtime
Fun Industry
Value Stream Planner Support (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJune 5, 2018
Unique and fun place to work. The production line is amazing. The work culture was strong and organized. They demonstrated a very lean process and were successful due to this.
Awesome place to work!
Marcom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 1, 2018
I loved working at Pentair! Unfortunately the location I worked at was shut down as manufacturing went to China and Mexico. Lots of smart people who were fun to work with, great products and mission. If not for the shutdown I would never have left. I learned a lot, contributed a lot, and felt appreciated.
Pros
Great company, great people, great products, great mission.
Fast paced
Welder Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 28, 2018
Pentair was a great place to work. Learned new skills and was given opportunity to grow. Enjoyed the management in place and fellow colleagues. Would have stayed with the company if they had't closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight