Pentair

Pentair Employee Reviews

Found 836 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,156 reviews

Pentair insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Good enough

Decent place to work and recently the starting pay has gone up. Like most places, most of the management doesn’t belong in their positions. You could make a decent career there.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Hours/Mandatory overtime

Management is more than lacking.

As long as you don't have a problem with doing the job of the "retirement crew" the ones just waiting until their time is up, you'll do fine here. If you care at all about your job being done well. Don't bother. That is not important to managers. Go to work, appear do a job you'll fit well. If you care about planning ahead or for issues don't waste your time. That causes problems nobody wants to deal with!Management would rather the noise from the complaints go away than actually fix the problems.There is no teamwork at Pentair Residential Filtration. Nobody plans ahead. A lot of issues would come up that i would have to wing, without any actual guidance or feedback.

Pros

Nobody cares what you do as long as they don't have to hear about it or do anything to fix it!

Cons

Apparently I'm not allowed to answer

Terrible management and leads, no work/life balance.

Terrible Management and leads, most won't even bother to learn your name, the leads are the worst. No work life balence, goals are impossible to meet.

Cons

Bad

Bad always bad hates the job it was awful. We worked all the time with the promise if you make these numbers well cut overtime then make them and they change the numbers or they would shut us down for some worthless meeting then blame us for the lack of production that week

Long hours good pay but not much home life

You work 10 hours a day six days a week. Management is never around when needed. When something goes wrong they always look to blame someone else for there mess ups

Productive Place of Work

Great company with a lot of growth, but they definitely need to step up on the facilities aesthetics, and the way that management handles people. Huge lack of onboarding.

Pros

Great benefits and incentives. Sense of community

Cons

On-boarding, lack of management

Fast paced lots of OT bad management

Leads will get you fired if they don’t like you so if you plan on staying put on a fake smile. Don’t speak out against any management. Plan on working 6 days a week. Pay is decent for the area.

No room to grow or advance - Overall down to the matter not one bit concerned about your well-being.

You will hit the ground hard, running fast, dodging hits and punches from the customers. Then get ready, because TSR's will now run you over with the bus, and management will back up the bus and run over you again to hurt you when you are already down.All management is concerned about is the data- meeting the numbers that upper management has set forth in front of them. When talking to your manager about your own struggles to meet their expectations, they don't care nor want to hear it. They will only tell you about their own struggles and that they need to answer to upper management - and then they push you even harder. It's like having a parent with no compassion for you, they are self-centered on themselves. They will not support you to help you grow in a career path. You are on a long path of hardships with pain. They will take charge of your e-mails answering customers and embarrass you in front of them - remember the bus? Who would want to work for a Self-centered, narcissistic manager who does anything they can to make themselves look good at the expense of others…?

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Cannot take lunch or breaks as scheduled, due to work load. Not enough staff to support customers needs.

Land of confusion

It's not terrible, but I'm finding it harder and harder to trust other operators. There seems to be a lot of quality issues and nobody seems to be held accountable for their actions.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of communication, under qualified operators

Poor work/life balance

What stood out is the poor work/ life balance be prepared to work 50-65hrs a week sometimes and how even the executive positions operates like a high school environment. They have no off expect calls at 10pmI would not recommend

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

50-60 work weeks

Bad management

Need I say anymore title speaks for itself. Training sucks. No common sense. Leads have attitude for no reason. No one cares. Rules are only enforced for certain people. Co workers that don’t do anything get away with it. But people who work hard and get over rate get more expected out of them which isn’t right. Overall 10/10 do not recommend working here.

A Visionary organization with outstanding Leadership.

Pentair is typified by its exceptional leaders that convey a clear/creative vision and do so in such a way that you are eager to follow/embrace it for both enterprise and self success. This, coupled with the opportunity for growth and the multiplicity of learning experiences makes it a super place to work and grow.

Pros

Being on the Number 1 Team in your inductry/marketplace.

Cons

22 years at Pentair and still can not come up with a Con.

If you love working your life out, this company is right for you. The HR and the entire management cares only about their self and promoting each other

Wouldn't send my enemies there

Management doesn't care about you. Numbers, numbers, numbers. Supervisors will bully you into working OT. If you want a home life- don't work here. You will work 6-7 days every week.

No home balance

Lots of mandatory ot. No direction. Management is never seen. No advancement. You do what you are told regardless of what you know. Your previous experience doesn't matter. It only gets you in the door.

Corporate behemoth provides good pay/benefits, but clueless about day to day operations

Overall, this is a good place to work. I get paid fairly and benefits are great. However, the corporate managers at the top don't seem to understand what's happening on the ground level, sometimes to everyone's detriment.BUT, overall my experience has been POSITIVE and I am very grateful for my experience at Pentair.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, interesting work.

Cons

Corporate managers out of touch

Avoid unless you need experience

The work culture is divide. your manager won't tell you what is wrong and will have the team lead take care of the difficult conversation. When I first started they wanted to offer $15 an hour, took it because I wanted the experience. they aren't willing to pay full-time employees what they are worth. You will ship out millions in material per week but only walk away with a $500 dollar check after tax. Overtime is force every month end. If you work the 2nd or 3rd shift you can't go in and do overtime on your regular hours. they make you go in 2-4 hours earlier. It makes having a consistent schedule difficult. The warehouse is a nightmare, inventory on pallets is mistreated, unorganized with lanes being block full of inventory pallets and wrapped orders. if they are busy you will be on the floor building 20-30 pallets, loading shipment on carriers, and helping the audit team wrap freight. Get your experience and leave is my best advice working here.

Pros

Insurance benefits

Cons

No air condition in the facility, 2 week off that that is frown upon taking off consecutively, coworkers who do the minimum per shift

Great place, great people

I had two phone interviews and one onsite interview with hiring manager and group of people. It was a very pleasant experiences. They are very professional and nice people. Really love the experiences I had.

Pros

Nothing at this moment

Cons

Nothing.

No politics

Been here just over a year. Has been a great place to work where I am allowed to do what I need to do to lead my group. Leadership is focused on the same thing...the customer.

Pros

Customers first approach, everyone kicking with the same foot

Cons

Foreign factory calls the shots

Overall was happy to work here.

My direct team and peers were great to work with. I enjoyed the individuals I interacted with on a daily basis. My remote management and upper management teams were challenging to work with, and felt stifled in terms of career advancement, without feedback. I would consider working with my direct team again if the leadership team changed hands.

Pros

Flexibility, volunteering, involvement in day to day

Cons

Career Advancement

It was a good place to learn more skills.

The company, overall was good. My immediate superior, however, promised me a promotion and never delivered. My work load increased and my title change but my compensation stayed the same aside from the yearly 10 cents an hour "raise."

Pros

98% of the people

Cons

2% of the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight