Pentair

3.6Pay & Benefits

Found 235 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,157 reviews

Pentair insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Lack of structure

Terrible human resources and lack of proper training. Supervision is basically data collectors that delegate problems to others. A liberal company that is definitely into helping out its reputation by doing what social media presence the majority problem equality.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Communication is not good

Good enough

Decent place to work and recently the starting pay has gone up. Like most places, most of the management doesn’t belong in their positions. You could make a decent career there.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Hours/Mandatory overtime

Productive Place of Work

Great company with a lot of growth, but they definitely need to step up on the facilities aesthetics, and the way that management handles people. Huge lack of onboarding.

Pros

Great benefits and incentives. Sense of community

Cons

On-boarding, lack of management

Land of confusion

It's not terrible, but I'm finding it harder and harder to trust other operators. There seems to be a lot of quality issues and nobody seems to be held accountable for their actions.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of communication, under qualified operators

Corporate behemoth provides good pay/benefits, but clueless about day to day operations

Overall, this is a good place to work. I get paid fairly and benefits are great. However, the corporate managers at the top don't seem to understand what's happening on the ground level, sometimes to everyone's detriment.BUT, overall my experience has been POSITIVE and I am very grateful for my experience at Pentair.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, interesting work.

Cons

Corporate managers out of touch

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Avoid unless you need experience

The work culture is divide. your manager won't tell you what is wrong and will have the team lead take care of the difficult conversation. When I first started they wanted to offer $15 an hour, took it because I wanted the experience. they aren't willing to pay full-time employees what they are worth. You will ship out millions in material per week but only walk away with a $500 dollar check after tax. Overtime is force every month end. If you work the 2nd or 3rd shift you can't go in and do overtime on your regular hours. they make you go in 2-4 hours earlier. It makes having a consistent schedule difficult. The warehouse is a nightmare, inventory on pallets is mistreated, unorganized with lanes being block full of inventory pallets and wrapped orders. if they are busy you will be on the floor building 20-30 pallets, loading shipment on carriers, and helping the audit team wrap freight. Get your experience and leave is my best advice working here.

Pros

Insurance benefits

Cons

No air condition in the facility, 2 week off that that is frown upon taking off consecutively, coworkers who do the minimum per shift

It was a good place to learn more skills.

The company, overall was good. My immediate superior, however, promised me a promotion and never delivered. My work load increased and my title change but my compensation stayed the same aside from the yearly 10 cents an hour "raise."

Pros

98% of the people

Cons

2% of the people

Mexico didn’t work out

Maybe you should have stayed in Mt sterling from what I hear they couldn’t get it done across the southern border. It was a great place to work with great pay and benefits glad it didn’t work out for them.

Good place to work if you want to travel alot

Servicing beverage equipment and installation of beverage equipment mostly in mcdonald's. Lots of traveling. The pay can always be better. I do not see alot of room for advancement.

Great Place, Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great People!

I have worked in several other companies and Pentair is by far the best. Great people, great pay, great benefits; overall everything is fantastic. They also offer plenty of PT and I love this about Pentair.

Busy

It’s a nice place very clean keeps busy well paid and great benefits if you don’t like to work it’s not the place for you good people and great Human Resources

Some nice people,short breaks, weekly pay.

Pentair is an okay place to work. It's not leaning towards good, but more of leaning towards bad. Everything was the best it could have been in the beginning, but employer and higher up were leaving, so what's left was new management that had changed for the better or worst. In my opinion it was worst, I felt like my work was not appreciated, my idea was not considered as a value, getting a raise was an issue, negative reinforcement was use most of the time, short breaks for a laborious job and no time for personal life. Expect to work 5 days a week.

Pros

Free soda and benefits

Cons

Short breaks, life draining, lots of mandate over time and little pay for hard work.

Great environment great people.

Everyone is so friendly and easy to work with and extremely helpful. There is frequent recognition and many events for employees that are fun and food is often provided.

Pros

Frequent recognition. Great benefits.

Cons

Facility in poor condition. Parking lot is bad. Building needs repair, paint. Just looks run down.

Huge let down

Just enough structure to function, much like your window "functions" as an entrance to your home. Need an experienced ops manager to orchestrate a clean-up, otherwise you can perform the same tasks elsewhere for the same pay rate and be much happier.

Pros

401k matching is 1.5% above average. Most people were pleasant

Cons

Lack of organization, tangled processes makes acclimating and maintaining a nightmare

Worst management ever seen

The management- Team Leads and Supervisor are very passive aggressive. They expect you to do everything, bending over backwards for numbers they only care about. Team leads are always taking extra breaks when transfering from buildings. Half the machines work. Maintenance fixes something every day. Most of the people there will watch you do your job. You’re required to stay over or come in early twice a week, with mandatory Saturdays. The pay is nice, but the amount of stress from the lack of leadership isnt worth it.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Management, teamwork, and everything else

Great people, lots of hours

Pentair has been a really great employer as far as equal opportunity goes and pay. My only complaint is all the overtime, but that's not always a bad thing because that just means more money. The company seems to try to make the schedule more accommodating, at least in the molding department where they set up a schedule where we work certain weekends and we have set weekends off.

Job is nice leads and overtime suck

Your first week they start you at 5:45AM and you get done at 1:45PM. Your second week they have you come in at 4am everyday and Saturdays they have you come in at 5AM until 1PM. No work life balance what so ever and they tell everyone they’re looking to hire more people so the overtime isn’t mandatory but never actually do or people leave because the pay is low and basically just get worn out. Or they tell you every month next month will slow down so you’ll get a break from all the overtime and it never does. The leads are drama because everyone talks behind everyone’s backs and not all but some of the leads are rude and disrespectful. The leads play favoritism. If you want a job that you don’t get a life outside of work or deal with disrespect and drama then this is the place for you.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, small raises, short breaks. No outside life

Terrible place to work.

This company is not ideal, only work here as a last result. Raises are hard to come by. On bad weather days, it's hard to find a park. They have mandatory Saturday work.

Pros

Cons

Hostile work environment

A great place to work for. Excellent benefits. Friendly staff.

I worked with some of most amazing people. Willing to help. Willing to train. Culture was good. I am African American Female. Hardest part of the job was the demand requires more manpower. Lots of overtime. Overall experience was great!

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Manpower

Great culture but opportunities in career advancement

Pentair has a great culture centered around win-right values. The people that work here align to those values and care about them. The organization has gone through a lot of change in the last number of years, but with change comes much opportunity! There is still opportunity for the company to advance their internal technology, processes and how they operate in a matrix environment, but they’re taking steps to continue making improvements. The one area I think there is a large opportunity for improvement is in career advancement & mapping. As someone who is very driven, works hard and goes above and beyond to take on additional projects (& asks about next steps) I often get half- answers or unclear expectations on what my career path may look like here. I think the company does a great job of hiring talent, but they need to find a way to better communicate and articulate opportunities to employees earlier in their careers.

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work environment, loyal & intelligent employees, opportunities to grow through continuous improvement projects, rotational opportunities

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, career mapping & communication, synergies between the center of excellence and the field, lack of resource allocation resulting in challenges to a work/life balance

Nice people to work with managers expect a lot

You have to work mandatory overtime if you can’t you will be let go . The mangers can be rough on you strict 15 mins breaks . Constant moving , dusty environment.

Pros

Vacation, dental, great employees

Cons

Dirty, hot, mandatory overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss