Pentec Health Employee Reviews

Produce growth
Collections Supervisor/ A/R Recovery (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMay 11, 2018
A pleasure working with PENTEC Culture environment to education and. growth. Within and motivated staff providing excellent education, with giving the staff to meet their daily and Monthly goals .
Review Summary Pentec
Nutrition Consultant / Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAApril 17, 2018
OK employer. Typical pharmaceutical compounding company; support and sales. Good overall manager and co workers; no complaints re company overall; decent PTO.
Christmas party was a blast as we celebrated the years accomplishments.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work with a lot of support from all aspects of the company either external in the field or at the home pharmacy where there is always a pharmacist on call 24/7. Sales meeting gave all sales people a chance to get to know each other and grow on each others aspects and experience.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lots of travel using your own car only paying milage.
Times have changed
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 23, 2018
Been there for many years. Used to be family oriented but not so much anymore. Days are very busy and sometimes overwhelming. Advanced twice in my position over the years.
Hardest part of the job is finding the time in 8 hours to complete expected tasks.
What I enjoy most is the fact that I am helping our patients.
One of the Best places I've worked at.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAOctober 18, 2017
I work with a great team. Management does care about employees and the company is always doing things that show their appreciation. We are really growing.
Pros
Culture, Pto, Pay
Some fake reviews
Iv Pharmacy Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAOctober 8, 2017
Some of new reviews are employees being told to write a review. Trust me I know some of these positions and of the people who work them and they are mostly brown nosers
Official response from Pentec Health
October 31, 2017

We appreciate employee reviews, and encourage them so people can have great insight into Pentec, but we do not have the ability to accept or reject reviews.

great place to work
Senior Manager Warehouse Operation (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PASeptember 30, 2017
friendly work environment. management support is excellent. company is heading to the right direction. overall very satisfied woking at Pentec Heath.
Friendly, competitive, great benefits.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PASeptember 25, 2017
Decent place to work, but only in the short term if you feel the desire to advance. Communication can use work. Follow up is challenging as it's understaffed.
Pros
Friendly environment and culture.
Cons
No organized training or structure. Too short staffed, and management not as available as needed.
Great experience
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Working for Pentec has been amazing. Incredible corporate culture, great executives that make you feel like family. Countless opportunities for growth and development. 10/10.
Pros
Culture, Fun, Rewarding
Pentec cares about their employees
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAAugust 3, 2017
I currently work at Pentec’s corporate headquarters. It’s very evident that Pentec cares about their employees; the company does its best to make people feel happy and appreciated with various perks & events. There are also many programs in place to ensure that workers can give feedback and be recognized for a job well done. In my experience, supervisors are helpful and want you to be successful. The executive team communicates regularly with employees so that everyone knows where the company is heading. Overall, Pentec is a patient-centered company that provides a friendly, team-oriented working environment.
Great work atmosphere with great people and experiences
SI Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PADecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with Pentec Heath for almost 9 years and only left do to a relocation to Florida. I learned a lot regarding USP 797 compounding requirements caring for renal dialysis patients and pain management via intrathecal pump patients.
Pros
great lunch gaterings
Cons
none to mention
Most enjoyable part of the job was the time with patients, hard not to get attached.
Primary Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Central ohioOctober 31, 2016
Great company very caring people. Everyone very positive, and always willing to help one another. Tough job to do when raising children. Would be a perfect job for someone with no family
Pros
great people, good pay, lots of perks
Cons
long hours, computer issues, senses sould be divided equally
High expectations......was let down
IV Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAAugust 11, 2016
Whatever you do if you have a dispute or being decrimated against, don't go to HR. Suck it up. They will fire you on the spot.

They are sexists and only hire men. They only promote their friends and you have to brown nose to get anywhere. Your skills and experience mean nothing. If management has to work they get mad at you.
Pros
Pto, lunch breaks, pay
Cons
Healthcare, management, favoritism
Former IV Prep Tech
IV Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJuly 12, 2016
As I look back, some things weren't as good as they seemed. Very poor leadership that trickled down. You have no shot unless you cozy up and kiss..you know. Your ideas or opinions meant nothing at all. They jump at the chance to bully you around and make you look stupid. The hard work I put in there for nearly two years did nothing but destroy my body, and never had a chance to ever move up.
Pros
Fair pay, Pto, food perks
Cons
Some coworkers, leadership
Great coworkers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJune 14, 2016
I was so excited when I first got to this company being fresh out of school! I used to brag about retiring from this company 40 years from the day I started, but the old manager of pharmacy left and reality slowly sunk in. It should say opportunity for advancement for the people who the manager likes. So much favoritism in renal it's sad! It's not about how well you do your job but what counts is who you are friends with. If you have your own opinion about things you are labeled as negative. We are in a clean room for 7 hours out of a day with minimal breaks not to mention they do not want you to talk unless you are one of managements favorite. People who express thier opinions to management get written up, so much for open door policy? You are definitely not allowed to be yourself at this company or at least in renal. I've seen pharmacist lie on people just to get them in trouble with management especially if they are having a bad day, misery loves company. I'd have to say my coworkers are what makes it worth getting out of bed in the morning to go to a place that does not care if you have no errors they will promote who they like even of the person has an error every month. They hire friends of friends, you don't even have to have any experience in pharmacy if you have a friend there you will be hired. Overworked and under appreciated is what you get when you come to pentec health. I know people need jobs and I'm grateful I have one but all I've seen in the last 2 years at this company I won't be here much longer. And don't get me started on how they treat the older techs  more... the people who have paved the way and helped this company become what it is today are often pushed out once they reach a certain age (smh). I hope the CEO reads this maybe something can be done to make things go back yo the great company that it once was.  less
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short breaks, management, favoritism
Pentec health
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJune 13, 2016
My work experience at Pentec Health. I get along WELL with my peers, Management team are young inexperienced individuals who haven't had proper training. They promote based on popularity and not fairness of seniority. They have no compassion for the veterans and they basically want you to work and DO NOT want any feedback or ideas. Never in my 20 years of working have I experienced this kind of work atmosphere.
Pros
Great peers to work with!
Cons
Management needs proper training
High hopes - very disappointed
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 11, 2016
Horrible management of the mass pharmacy. Must be in with the boss to get recognition. Favoritism and unethical behavior abound. HR does not back employees, when issues arise. Manager/Director of pharmacy in the mass pharmacy is totally narcissistic and bi-polar. Very hostile environment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there or access thier services.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Culture and management
Great Company
IV Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMarch 8, 2016
In the two years that I have been with the company it has expanded greatly. The workload is not overbearing but still keeps one busy throughout the day. Management is understanding of employees schedule and hold each employee accountable. I love the people but not to fond of some of the procedures which seem counter productive
Love this company
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJuly 27, 2015
Alot of work not alot of communication from lower management or follow thru. But everything else is great. Low pay, hard to move around unless you in with the management team then you get the help.
One of the best places to work
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJuly 25, 2015
Our CEO has initiated many great things for his employees. We have wonderful benefits; such as healthcare benefits to include dental and vision. Also, there is tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Fun Committee, CEO is about his people
Cons
The Human Resources Dept should be an outside resource and not Pentec employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentec Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

3.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight