People's Care Employee Reviews

Great place to start!
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I truly enjoyed working for People's Care because their clinical supervisors strive to train the behavior therapists to the best of their ability. They are very motivating and supportive.
Pros
Flexible, Great Management
Cons
Not a lot of group activities
home healthcare
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 12, 2018
great work environment, wonderful co-worker ,great clients. Very helpful, understanding and cooperative. great place to further your career. with a at home setting private
Great Exterior Foundation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 31, 2018
Like many companies that open residential, that often make the mistake at promoting people who lack managerial experience. Managers who lack experience managing "people" often ruin a program. People's Care is a victim of this. While they have success stories but many bad stories with Residential managers and administrators.
The job is very relaxed but management overall is very poor
Day Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 24, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for peoples care. I loved working with the participants but management doesn’t stick to the rules of disciplinary actions.
Pros
Individuals and schedule
Terrible Place To work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 23, 2018
When you start management ill sugar coat the amount of violent physical behaviors you will endure. Management NEVER has your back no matter how many times the say they do.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great employment
Direct Support Professional 2 (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 13, 2018
Great company to work for. I love and care for my residents deeply! Iv'e known them for years and I enjoy every minute of it. My coworkers are the best.
Pros
benifits
Cons
advancement
Poor management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  VisaliaOctober 9, 2018
It was awesome at first, but once you get to know staff and how management works..it's crazy. People backstab you and lie to you. Management plays favoritism all the time. You have to bottom kiss to get promoted and to be getting 40 hrs. They don't pay overtime so they hire more staff to cut others hours. Just crazy drama..it's everywhere but this place is all bad!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Its not a good place to work
Dsp2 (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 8, 2018
The homes have ppl living there that are not fit for the homes. Constantly short staffed placing employee in danger. Horrible training no raises or incentives
House Leads are rude. Admins are rude, licensing stays at some homes.
If you love taking care of others, this is the place for you!
Dirrect Support Professonal (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 3, 2018
People's Care is a place where you can work in peace, meet new people and patients have fun on outings. Teach your clients to better themselves and learn how to do daily living stuff. cooking bathing washing hands etc.
Pros
you can eat with the clents.
Cons
the clents can make you tired, they have a lot of energy
If you have good staff, they make it good. Not the company.
Residential Group Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CASeptember 23, 2018
Some staff are great and caring. They know what they are doing and love their job. Others are there for a paycheck. Many new homes are opening but there is a limited amount of planning prior.
Pros
Ok pay, good teamwork in some homes
Cons
Management, lack of planning
Be careful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 20, 2018
It is cut throat. You need to be strong to work there. My manager used to yell st me that’s why I left . CEO doesn’t have a clue about what goes on in the homes
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Bad area manager
Good place to share a passion of working with individuals who have exceptional learning abilities.
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 8, 2018
Overall good work environment. Ability to be on your own without co-worker drama. Supervisors want to help you improve in the delivery of services. Good field to be in if you'd like to make a difference in someones life.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJune 13, 2018
Everything isn't always fast paced, but it can be on any given day. Very competitive atmosphere at all times. Hours are always available to staff outside of regular hours from time to time.
Pros
great hours
Cons
too employee needy
Good Place to work
ASSISTANT CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 23, 2018
People's Care is great place to work with friendly staff. They helped me work through my masters and provided the necessary training and supervision.
Do not work here
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  carmicheal caMay 14, 2018
i work for peoples care for a lil over 1 year as a dsp 2.
During the beginning they had me travel to Vacaville from sac. staff were very combative mangement was hands off.The company is over all does not care about its staff. mangenent never get held accountable always use staff as scapegoat. Mangement sleep with other mangement alot of sucking up with upper mangement goes on. There is no room for advancement constant conflicts with in homes. The company is money hungry cares less about staff and clients. This is proven by the under staffing having inexperience staff work in home with clients that have behaviors and special needs. they constantly lack communication when call outs happen etc. overall a horrible place to work including things such as stressful work environment no understanding for personal issues etc.
Pros
pay and ot
Cons
management stressful situation
Great Incentitives
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 5, 2018
Overall they treated their employee's fair and with respect. Not much room for career advancements but the pay was decent. They also treated their clients very well.
Thankful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAApril 28, 2018
I am thankful to have gained experience with People's Car. I learned valuable skills and information from Administrators, staff, and clients. Also, I gained information about the Developmental Disabled Industry.
Great company
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2018
Great company and great people work there. I had trouble getting enough hours, though. I only worked two hours a week, so that was an issue. The people are very professional and very positive.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
They are not truthful about hours and dont opperate in good faith
LVN (Current Employee) –  Northern caApril 9, 2018
This company does not operate on Good faith their not up front about full time being 30 hours a week. Scheduling practice are like retail not health care professional. License is always in jeopardy!
Pros
Residents
Cons
No good faith from upper management. Bait and switch
A good place to work
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 2, 2018
I was satisfied with my work at People's Care. They are a fair employer and the management is thoughtful. I would recommend this employer.
I worked as a CNA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's Care. Our community is ready to answer.