People's Care Employee Reviews

Very negative environment, the two homes, I worked at
House Lead (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 17, 2018
I don't think the company it self is bad. Upper management needs to do a better job screening the administrators they hire for the homes. Most of them are very immature and treat staffs badly and make every thing personal. The upper management also have to come and look at the HR in northern california. You cannot challenge the administrators on what they do. Communication is extremely poor and there's a lot of favoritism. There's also a huge conflict of interest due to allowing the administrators to do whatever they want. Most of the staffs they hire are very unprofessional. They don't care for the clients and there's a lot of cover ups on medication error. My home had limited supplies or no supplies at all. The house is always short of food for the clients.
Pros
Upper management needs to come out more to visit the homes.
Cons
No breaks for so ever.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJune 13, 2018
Everything isn't always fast paced, but it can be on any given day. Very competitive atmosphere at all times. Hours are always available to staff outside of regular hours from time to time.
Pros
great hours
Cons
too employee needy
Good Place to work
ASSISTANT CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 23, 2018
People's Care is great place to work with friendly staff. They helped me work through my masters and provided the necessary training and supervision.
Do not work here
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  carmicheal caMay 14, 2018
i work for peoples care for a lil over 1 year as a dsp 2.
During the beginning they had me travel to Vacaville from sac. staff were very combative mangement was hands off.The company is over all does not care about its staff. mangenent never get held accountable always use staff as scapegoat. Mangement sleep with other mangement alot of sucking up with upper mangement goes on. There is no room for advancement constant conflicts with in homes. The company is money hungry cares less about staff and clients. This is proven by the under staffing having inexperience staff work in home with clients that have behaviors and special needs. they constantly lack communication when call outs happen etc. overall a horrible place to work including things such as stressful work environment no understanding for personal issues etc.
Pros
pay and ot
Cons
management stressful situation
Great Incentitives
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 5, 2018
Overall they treated their employee's fair and with respect. Not much room for career advancements but the pay was decent. They also treated their clients very well.
Thankful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAApril 28, 2018
I am thankful to have gained experience with People's Car. I learned valuable skills and information from Administrators, staff, and clients. Also, I gained information about the Developmental Disabled Industry.
Great company
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2018
Great company and great people work there. I had trouble getting enough hours, though. I only worked two hours a week, so that was an issue. The people are very professional and very positive.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
They are not truthful about hours and dont opperate in good faith
LVN (Current Employee) –  Northern caApril 9, 2018
This company does not operate on Good faith their not up front about full time being 30 hours a week. Scheduling practice are like retail not health care professional. License is always in jeopardy!
Pros
Residents
Cons
No good faith from upper management. Bait and switch
A good place to work
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 2, 2018
I was satisfied with my work at People's Care. They are a fair employer and the management is thoughtful. I would recommend this employer.
I worked as a CNA
productive and fun place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 26, 2018
I had a good time working there. it was chill and fun.. had to help them out in there everyday living skills. And also with there cooking and personal hygiene skills..
Pros
fun
Cons
No health care benefits
Provides excellent service to people on the autism spectrum and the company is still developing.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 23, 2018
The company serves a unique population of people on the autism spectrum including those who have a forensic history. The staff are dedicated and legitimately care about the residents in their charge.
I worked on the behavioral team and there was little understanding of what a therapist actually does as different from a strict behaviorist.
Pros
Depends on location.
Cons
A lack of understanding of how a therapist differs from a behaviorist.
n/a
Training specialist (Current Employee) –  Empire, CAFebruary 7, 2018
work life is good. the job requires a lot of compassion. although people are given more hours than they would like its hard to not like the job. The hours can be more difficult.
Loved working with disabled adults
Instructor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Typical day was picking up participants from home and spending the day with them. Worst part of the day was finding things to do, best part was learning from them.
Cons
No Breaks
Too many places
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentFebruary 3, 2018
Too many places are just like this. Poor communication, not responsible training, pay was low, coworkers inappropriate and pretending to work..blah blah blah
Stressful place to work
Liscensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoy working for peoplescare and the residents but house lead and her followers are very rude and very evil. Its stressful place to work with someone who like getting other staffs in trouble instead of working as a team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful place to work
I would not...
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Unfortunately I could not recommend this company. Most of the upper management have their own hidden agendas that benefit's themselves. Employee morale is down. And the owners encourage this game playing...
Pros
not sure what it is
Cons
Hidden agendas
Overall good company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2017
Every day is different. Management has pros and cons. No work ethics. Hardest part of the job has to be working with other staff without supervision in certain settings. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and seeing as well as supporting them to hit milestones.
Pros
Safety Lottery Incentive Program, 401K
Cons
Stressful
Depends on individual's
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fillmore, CANovember 4, 2017
No raises at all, too much verbal abuse . Management is horrible including house lead. They make you work double shifts alone with 2 to 3 clients. No breaks
Pros
Ot
Cons
Low pay, no breaks
Great work environment, managers/supervisors
Assistant Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
I have been working with the company for 3 years at the San Diego office and have been promoted three times since. My supervisors inspired and encouraged me to develop my career by providing training and support from the very beginning of my employment. In addition, as I completed my master's program while I worked, my supervisors not only went out of their way to provide supervision hours but worked with me to arrange my caseload so that I had the flexibility to complete my studies.
The supervisors and managers are always keen to hear feedback and implement changes and/or modify procedures accordingly and cooperate managers are available whenever assistance is needed.
Even though we work individually for the most part, there is a strong team environment and therapists and supervisors alike can reach out to their coworkers to obtain support in whichever way they like.
Pros
Strong team environment
Fast Paced
Supported Living Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 1, 2017
I love what I do. The staff and the individuals make it fun to come to work daily. It's never the same day every day. Around the holidays they all get together like there family, it's very warming.
Pros
Everyone is friendly.
Cons
It is hard at times to balance your work while your on call all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's Care. Our community is ready to answer.