People's United Bank Employee Reviews

People's United Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 3, 2018
One of the best banks to work for. very accommodating and professional. Upper management is great too.
they have great ways to learn a lot about the business world and the culture is welcoming.
Great Career Advancement
manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 29, 2018
There is great opportunity for career growth. Management is always willing to coach and develop employees. Company has a strong core values and culture focused on its employees.
sales oriented culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 25, 2018
The jog is very sales oriented in the retail banking field. Have to be able to multitask and have get communication skills. The best part of my job is my staff and co- managers
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Sales
Good work/life balance
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 21, 2018
Solid New England based bank with long tenured employees. Currently going through transformation to modernize capabilities.
As always in these situations, there are the typical challenges that come with bringing new people and processes into a company with long standing ways of operating.
People are generally nice and the company respects work/life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Healthcare
The bank has a solid work/life balance philosophy for all associates
Sales and Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dix Hills, NYApril 19, 2018
Worked well with you to understand your rolls. Everyone is understanding and will help you succeed. And they are very team oriented. Small bank, kind customers who want to get to know you, lots of hiring from within. They usually work with you on schedule as long as you work with them. The CEO is only four steps above banker and they management does listen to your suggestions, like new sales initiatives.
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2018
During the day you handle customer transactions.I had to verify the cash drawer, verify the vault, open accounts, make deposits and withdrawals, redeem bonds.I had to greet the clients by name, confirm their identity. There is a lot of interaction with the clients. A friendly atmosphere to work in. I enjoyed working with the public. It was nice getting the holidays off.
Pros
The hours were great. No late nights. Weekends were half days.
Cons
There may be occasional unhappy clients.
sales
Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYApril 2, 2018
sales is continuance. Sometime no time to get to know customer. Always passing out literature. Making phone calls from morning to night. Enough is enough. I as a customer would be annoyed.
Pros
Customers liked us, for the ones we knew under stood and did not get upset. Because of this the days went smoothly
Cons
sales
n/a
AVP, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
Varies location to location
management absent
no room for advancement
no footprint in major markets, Hard to get business . NO lending parameters that are in line with their market
Former Employee
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for DanversBank and the early stages of People's United Bank. My coworkers and manager were the best part of going to work each and every day. Banking and finances are not my cup of tea but I was able to perform my job the best that I could. It wasn't until the company was pushing hard on sales that my interet in the company dwindled.Sales and my low pay rate were the reason for me leaving the company.
Decent Work Culture
EFT/ACH Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 27, 2018
This was a temporary job after re-entering workforce. Good company if you are entry but employees salaries are low considering they are headquartered in Fairfield Company. They need a more competitive salary base.
very demanding
Banker III (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 22, 2018
This is a very sales heavy job. Don't even bother applying if you can't handle it. There is a pressure to be perfect all the time because of constant surveys and fake shoppers assessing your customer service performance.They expect you to do everything under the sun. From being a teller, to a personal banker, to having responsibilities similar to a supervisor without the pay to back it up. It's a good place to gain the experience but that's about it. Nothing is ever good enough, They always demand more with very little appreciation of their employees and what you've done. My advice is if you're looking to advance in banking learn as much as you can at People's and then leave to another bank that treats their employees better and has higher pay.
Pros
Hours, holidays off, Pto
Cons
Short breaks, stressful sales pressure
easy to move up
Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Winsted, CTMarch 21, 2018
easy to advance working for this company. huge focus on customer satisfaction, typical bank very sales oriented. if you do what youre supposed to youll be ok.
Run down
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
People turn over at this bank like pancakes. Everyday someone else is gone and replaced from bankers to upper management. High sales goals but that’s most banks. Hours are beyond ridiculous with very little staff to work with. If ever in need of a answer no one ever knows the answer. System is in need of update.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Work I’ve balance
Great Customer Service
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 14, 2018
Strong understanding of financial products and services; Referred Mortgages and Investment products to Mortgage Officers and Financial Advisors
• Maintained operational excellence and customer service by processing banking transactions accurately
and efficiently
•Engaged and educated customers by utilizing advanced branch technology including tablets and product brochures
• Received high level inquiries from customers and interacted with proper bank department in order to answer accurately
• Processed credit lines and provided information to clients regarding safe deposits and vaults
• Managed sales activities in order to meet individual and branch goals
Great place to start when first get into the banking industry
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 14, 2018
Do not expect to be paid well initially if you are working in the branches, but you will gain a lot of experience and learn about the day to day operations of a bank very quickly. If you are sales oriented and a go getter, you have the ability to advance. Working in the stop and shop branches can be challenging with high customer volume and a high pace work environment, but those up for the challenge can thrive. Working under a great manager can make all the difference with your experience, as I was lucky to have one of those great managers. There is a very high rate of turnover unfortunately, so they expect you to learn relatively quickly.
Great Atomsphere
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 2, 2018
Love the managers they really want you to succeed. My manager really stood from behind and helped you improve wish I would have never left. Advancement was there but took a little long to get there.
Pros
Breaks, Atmosphere, Manager
Cons
Advancement Time
great work environment
Administrative Loan Servicing- Collateral Release (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTMarch 1, 2018
Managment is wonderful, you have a flexible schedule working in a great building with many amenities. Great coworkers and decent benefits. You can basically structure your own day and workload.
Great people to work WITH, not FOR.
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Setauket, NYFebruary 28, 2018
The largest "community" bank took over Bank of Smithtown in Smithtown, NY. The honeymoon was fine, all systems continued, until they fully took over. They pushed selling to customers instead of getting to know them and then recommending them products. We had customers leaving in DROVES. Upper management got to stay and continued with their favorites.
Company promotes advancing
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTFebruary 23, 2018
Wish I stayed with this company as they promote frequently and want you to succeed in your careers. The time I worked in the Southbury Branch I will never forget as we had a team that worked extremely well together and it was easy to form long lasting relationships with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Some management
Good experience
Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 20, 2018
I learned a lot while working there. would be good for students. coworkers were friendly. was a busy branch and could use updated equipment. convenient hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight