People's United Bank Employee Reviews in Bridgeport, CT

Awsome work place with friendly people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 6, 2019
You wont regret working here, from regular reps to managers and supervisors everyone is friendly. If we had a location in the GA I would certainly keep my position. Easy going call center, mostly friendly customers with the possibility of sales commission opportunity and all.
A Quiet and (semi) Rewarding Grind
BSA/AML analysist ̴ Intern (full time) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 1, 2019
As an Intern at People's United Bank you should expect two major work traits; those being consistency and repetition. In my experience the managers would explain the basics of the work they'd expect from you and then essentially leave you to be. For the majority of my time there the manner of my work could basically be considered a complex matching game. The work is very tedious at times! The managers do not easily allow you to work on more complex and important projects. The culture at this job is at sometimes enjoyable but mainly employees stay within there small groups and don't socialize. You will learn a how to operate and manipulate a healthy amount of relevant computer programs; which I'm hoping will prove useful in future position within the field. Overall, this job is perfect for those who are looking to make an entrance into the field.
Pros
Semi-liberal phone policy; Great managers!
Cons
Expensive company lunches
Unethical, dishonest, unprofessional, no integrity
VP, Security Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 20, 2019
These are my experiences and my thoughts:

Nothing really good to say as one has to "go along" with management on "cover-ups" and "lies", in addition to the beration of other employees behind their back. The pay and benefits may appear good, but the only way to keep them is continue in this hostile, bigoted, environment and "put up with it".

Upper managment will openly lie and provide false statments to protect themselves. When caught lying, they will retaliate and destroy one's reputation and self-worth within the professional world. A very vindictive and ill-intentioned environment. Cannot rate anything higher than the worst as there are no values and the culture is one of lies and falsehoods. Hard to rate anything above the worst for career opportunities and other areas when the only manner to advance is to "play along" and lie to anyone to protect the executives. Security is very lax and a threatening environment. Although the benefits are good, one is destroyed if they believe in integrity and protecting the bank, customers, employees as expected. I say the above as it pertained to my situation working for a long term higher level personnel as I had to protect him and others at his level or above from unethical and mean-spirited practices.

A back-stabbing, vindictive environment. Executive management is the problem as so many employeesb work so hard and do a good job. They really have to try to "ignore" the unethical environment to maintain their jobs.

Very sad and demeaning environment.
Pros
Benefits, however, one must be willing to lose integrity to maintain
Cons
Entire unethical, unprofessional environment - hostile from beginning
Lead Sorter
Leader Sorter and Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 5, 2018
Supervision of sorter room operations; execution of computer programs; operation of check sort equipment; sorting; packaging and courier services for cleared checks; distribution of sorted material as necessary for Business and Personal accounts.
great job for advancement and good pay
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 20, 2018
I work with a great team. We are constantly working in fast pace manner. But support each other which makes work fun and pleasant.
Management is very considerate of our personal lives and helps with accommodating for shift alterations or days off.
Stressful place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 30, 2018
Over the years the job has become stressful and management seems to not care about their employers only themselves.. It has not always been this way. I consider my co-workers like family..
Great Career
Financial Servies Professional (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 22, 2018
Earlier in my career as an individual contributor I developed strengths in sales and relationship management as a financial advisor. When promoted to management, I gained expertise with operations, budgeting, strategy formulation, finance, human resource management, product management, and project management. All these experiences have been foundational to all of my career efforts.
Pros
I always had a great boss for 14 years, but not the last year.
Cons
The last boss due to a bank merger.
Great people to work with!
Commercial Banking (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 15, 2018
Constant training and opportunities to enhance your skills. Always projects available to stretch your abilities. Wonderful for career minded individuals.
Pros
Work rewarded.
Cons
Inflexible work hours.
Great Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 7, 2018
The company is great to work for.. but it all depends on what department you end up working in. That determines your work environment. Other than that the company is great.
Fun work environment, though more sales oriented than service
Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 3, 2018
The focus is on sales while still a service industry which feels like a failing choice, but the employees and management are nice and understanding. You have to speak with about 100 people a day, many are very nice and enjoyable, some customers can be difficult. The job can be pressuring, but most of the time it is easy going as long as everything is filed correctly. Management is understanding about learning new procedures, so you don't feel like you have to learn something new over night.
Pros
Medical Benefits, corporate discounts, tuition reimbursement, potential overtime, vacation pay
Cons
unpaid lunch, some hours are non-flexible, difficult customers
Work/Life
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 22, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits for education and promotion from with in the company.

Since the Bank is not one of the bigger banks, you dont get the direct compensation you would with bigger banks.

Overall great place to begin you career with, then move to a bigger Bank with better compensation.
Great Career Advancement
manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 29, 2018
There is great opportunity for career growth. Management is always willing to coach and develop employees. Company has a strong core values and culture focused on its employees.
Good work/life balance
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 21, 2018
Solid New England based bank with long tenured employees. Currently going through transformation to modernize capabilities.
As always in these situations, there are the typical challenges that come with bringing new people and processes into a company with long standing ways of operating.
People are generally nice and the company respects work/life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Healthcare
Decent Work Culture
EFT/ACH Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 27, 2018
This was a temporary job after re-entering workforce. Good company if you are entry but employees salaries are low considering they are headquartered in Fairfield Company. They need a more competitive salary base.
Good job and very reasonable pay.
Lead Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 23, 2018
I worked at this bank for 7 years and I had to relocate. They promote within the company very often. There are annual raises and every year I was there we received bonuses.
Pros
Good Pay - Employee events
No thank you
Compliance Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 1, 2018
No thank you, I do not wish to write a review. I still work here, and am still formulating an overall impression of the environment and it's staff, who I engage with everyday.
Financial Service Rep
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 18, 2017
• Operated as the frontline of sales using various methods including but not limited to, cross/relationship selling, in-and out-bound calling and supporting product marketing and promotion techniques and campaigns.
• Facilitated the fulfillment of customer banking requests by assessing needs, advising and applying the appropriate product or service matches.
• Reconciled daily transactions and adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls, in accordance with all applicable bank policies and regulatory standards.
• Awarded three individual awards for opening the most accounts in the branch in May, June and July 2015.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
lack of career growth
Liked my job, salary was rough
7th floor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 16, 2017
There's a ton of different angles this company can be reviewed from; from the branches to the countless departments in Bridgeport Center. My department was fun, laid back, and had a family like atmosphere. My manager was flexible, reasonable, and treated everyone like adults. That's just my department though. There was three or four different departments just on my side of the floor, so it definitely varies by department. Salary was well below industry standard and the raises and bonuses are a joke. That's a knock on the bank itself though, not the specific department I worked in. Benefits are pretty good and there are plenty of PTO hours available. One thing that's aggravating is the CEO sends out an earnings email every quarter talking about how much more money the bank made compared to the previous quarter and year over year, yet the only people that see a cut of that are the top floor. I learned a ton about the industry my department concentrated on and will absolutely use everything I learned in my next position. Good place to start, but don't count on being there for more than 2-5 years if you want to live somewhat comfortably.
Pros
benefits, work/like balance, atmosphere
Cons
salary, bonuses, top floor
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2017
Great atmosphere..Able to work with pleasant people who cared about their jobs. Learning various ways to support the customer when they had concerns. troubleshooting, problem solving
Pros
pleasant working atmosphere
Peoples is a great place to work
Sr. Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 20, 2017
Working for peoples is awesome. I met a lot of great people and the customer base is excellent. They do not push sales and they are more about developing the relationship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at People's United Bank.

Powered by Comparably