People's United Bank Employee Reviews in Burlington, VT

High School all over again
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 19, 2019
Terrible work environment. Very negative management. More focused on what you do wrong, then what you are doing right. Management encourages backstabbing and juvenile behavior.
Pros
Cafeteria in building
Cons
poor management, nasty co-workers
Employment Overview
Retirement Plan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 21, 2019
They have too few people filling too many roles. The people you wok with in the office you were at were great. It is Senior Management that I had issues with. They work everyone too hard instead of staffing properly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expectations too high
Worked with some wonderful people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 13, 2018
My co-workers were the best thing about this job. Vermont is a very socialistic state, and $14 per hour can't hope to pay rent, car payments and grocery bills . . . It is so expensive to live there and so i had to leave because I couldn't pay for basic necessities that were easy to pay for in the other States in which I have lived.
Pros
Co-workers - wonderful people just drudging it out
Cons
Low Pay in a High Rent state
Great place to work!
HR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 28, 2018
The company values their employees and this is demonstrated through development opportunities as well as incentives for performance. Management is approachable and works with employees to meet professional goals. Collaboration between lines of business allows employees to succeed together, one of our guiding principles. The company as a whole is committed to giving back to our communities and employees are encouraged to volunteer locally. Overall, People's United Bank is a great place to work!
Great Internship Experience
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 27, 2018
This was a great internship to learn a lot. The portfolio managers are great and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this internship to anyone in college between semesters.
Banking
Senior Commercial Lending Rep (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 8, 2017
Through my different positions at the company I have learned about many different areas of banking which has given me a lot of knowledge to move forward in the field.
This was my first position working in the banking field. Found out quickly it was a stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 16, 2017
Assisted customers with there banking needs, There were several banks that were bought out by People's that required many overtime hours to convert them to People's services. Many times conversions didn't go well and that left my position dealing with unhappy customers.
Pros
At times special lunches were brought in
Cons
Goals set by the bank were hard to reach
Csa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 21, 2016
a great experience to work in the business world but the management was unapproachable and unorganized. Opportunities to learn were always available.
Too boring and you have to take too much from the callers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 16, 2015
Drudgery is the best description of this job. Awful. Inflexible schedule. Horrible pay. Management doesn't do much more than train new people coming through the revolving door of this institution. Customers must bear with out of date technology and you are the one who gets to explain to them why the bank gets so much of their money in fees. (Even though it's the bank's fault.) Bad culture for customers.
If this is your first job you may not get how awful it is, so go for it. But if you've had other jobs that paid more with less aggravation from customers, then you should avoid it. Not a good place to work unless you want to be sworn at all day and get a fat rear end from sitting all day literally attached to a phone.
Pros
Nice office space with a view
Cons
Almost everything else
Professional and Cultivating Environment
Supervisor, Collateral Monitoring & Release (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 1, 2014
People's United Bank offers a professional and cultivating environment for any professional. They truly value their employees and offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Productive Learning Environment
Lead Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 14, 2014
* A Typical day at work is to come in at 8am, log into the phones and take calls until 5pm. We would have a 1hr lunch break during the day.
* I learned a lot about customer service, I feel this job helped me to aquire knowledge about how to handle escalated situations, and as a supervisor that is what I spent my day doing.
* The hardest part of the job was figuring out certain customer issues. Some issues just take time to research and figure out. However this was also the most rewarding part of the job. Figuring out a complicated customer issue and being able to contact the customer and tell them that we have found a resolution was enjoyable.
Pros
Co-Workers made it such a enjoyable and friendly environment
Cons
Difficult to relay thoughts to management
Poor management in place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 25, 2014
Work days can be overwhelming for some areas, while others have nearly no work to do. Management is not consistent with employees treatment making it difficult to work there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor leadership in management positions
Great work Enviornment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 19, 2014
I enjoy working at Peoples United Bank. When working in Customer Service you are always going to have your bad days but when you are surrounded by great people it makes everything a little better. I learned how to use different programs and I learned alot about the banking world that I didnt know about. The hardest part about the job is when you get a customer that just wants to yell and argue but with the customer service training and skills the customer becomes managable.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Pay.
Productive work place
FINANCIAL CONTROL REP (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 18, 2014
Fast-paced work place
Loan transactions
Excellent Management
Great team
Many requests at the end of the month
Service Orientation & Excellent Customer Service
nice place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 8, 2014
The bank I ran was a typical day to day operations, i delt with staff and cutomers issues on a daily bases. i self tought myself allot over the years that i worked there.
Pros
great customers
Cons
no support from upper mgmt when company was sold