People's United Bank Employee Reviews for Finance Associate

Great place to start career in banking.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 18, 2018
This is by far a great bank to work for when you are starting out your banking career. The training is A1 and they definitely get you prepared before sending you to the branch. The only thing I can say needs improvement is the pay.
Wonderful company to work for in regards to managment and job culture.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTAugust 30, 2018
I loved working for People's United Bank when it was just People's Bank. Excellent customer service and wonderful opportunities for growth. The only thing I struggled with was the job work/life balance. The bank later on expanded and started to become bigger and that is when things started to slow down in regards to customer services, and pay.
A day at PUB
Financial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 7, 2018
Each day is different and I love that. No boring routine. Customers are great and so was my managers. The Banking environment can be competitive, but know your why and you will enjoy.
Great Customer Service
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 14, 2018
Strong understanding of financial products and services; Referred Mortgages and Investment products to Mortgage Officers and Financial Advisors
• Maintained operational excellence and customer service by processing banking transactions accurately
and efficiently
•Engaged and educated customers by utilizing advanced branch technology including tablets and product brochures
• Received high level inquiries from customers and interacted with proper bank department in order to answer accurately
• Processed credit lines and provided information to clients regarding safe deposits and vaults
• Managed sales activities in order to meet individual and branch goals
Small Bank, Unorganized
Lead Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2018
Small Bank, not a place to start a a career by any means . Very Poor management . They hire branch managers who have no idea what banking is , yet they expect them to train a team.
Positive work environment and encourages advancement
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, VTJanuary 27, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities to advance within the company. They also have various locations throughout New England and they encourage relocation if that is your desire. They allow you to advance at your own pace and offer classes to help you work towards the position or department that you desire. Constantly inspire you to work hard and take pride in your work.
Pros
Pto, advancement opportunities, community involvement
Cons
no paid maternity leave
Financial Service Rep
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 18, 2017
• Operated as the frontline of sales using various methods including but not limited to, cross/relationship selling, in-and out-bound calling and supporting product marketing and promotion techniques and campaigns.
• Facilitated the fulfillment of customer banking requests by assessing needs, advising and applying the appropriate product or service matches.
• Reconciled daily transactions and adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls, in accordance with all applicable bank policies and regulatory standards.
• Awarded three individual awards for opening the most accounts in the branch in May, June and July 2015.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
lack of career growth
very busy
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 20, 2017
We would come in on time every day and would check in everything before we go out to our stations with out money drawers. We opened/ closed business/personal accounts. I worked at 2 different locations and I loved Glastonbury on Oak Street and learned alot and was able to attend lots of classes to get to my FSA status. This job was not hard but sometime you got to see all the experiences people have in life and seeing people work themselves out of it and helping them in the end. When I moved to East Hartford it was different; very negative work space when new manager came in and i was let go with in 3 weeks of here being there and she really pushed it and it was very sad to see.
Poor Management
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 18, 2017
The manager at the time, stayed In her office all day with doors closed. Never wanted to help customers or her teller line with anything. I worked at People's Bank from 1999-12/2005, the best managers with excellent leadership and a very positive work environment. Today, they hired younger inexperience managers who cant speak English.
ok
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  East Setauket, NYSeptember 6, 2017
ok place to work. Not enough room for advancement. Everyone is a teller and does not give enough time to cultivate your own business because your doing teller transactions.
Ability to advance
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MA 01915June 1, 2017
Peoples Bank does have a hard time in some parts due to the mergers. I believe it is a good place to work with a focus on the customer. Peoples is a sales based place so understand that will be your job
Too much office gossip
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 18, 2017
I received an interview with a different position early on, but was barely trained. I had no guidance in the new position, so I had to wing it, which resulted in poor stats.Also I never got raises, the last one was a 16 cent raise after taking on a lot more responsibility. Which then resulted in me being transferred to a slower branch. There was too much gossip and favoritism. Such as when a teller got hired on, was inappropriate, and also got special training early on over vetted reps, where he didn't really deserve it, all because he was dating a senior managers daughter.
Pub
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2016
Long work day filled with many different types of tasks. Working with customers face to face/by phone. Working with multiple business partners on accounts, loans, private banking, and various other financial aspects all while keeping operational standards consistent. Best part is the day is busy with work and there is never a dull moment. There is not the best management everywhere but in all my locations I never had a problem and for the upper management they run the company very well.
Cons
benefits/salary
Easy but no advancement
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2016
Easy and relaxed setting, not a career oriented job. There is a branch wide compensation but no personal compensation. You could be the top producer and due to other employees receive nothing for your hard work. Great college job but not a long term career. Loved my co workers, that's about all.
Pros
Cons
Rough hours, limited advancement, quota is impossible
professional work environment
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be managing several off-sites location that led to an increase in sales and customer service satisfaction.
Cross-sold bank services and products to a diverse customer base.
Accountable for monthly account production given by manager.
Responsibilities included; sales and preparation of money orders, cashier’s checks, bank to bank wires, savings bonds, travelers checks and certificates of deposit.
We learned team work throughout my duration of working there. Management made it easy to ask questions and for help if need be.
My Co workers were wonderful and great team players.
Hardest part of my job would have to be, not being able to help someone. However the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with all there needs and wants.
Cheap
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 9, 2016
The only problem with People's is the fact that they are cheap but preach superior customer service which becomes more and more difficult to achieve when procedures are made more difficult just to lower cost.
strong customer service values
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYJanuary 24, 2016
Your title only means as much as you can do within the confines of the company but not how little you may do -although entitled for many to understand as a banker, still take on teller transactions, however am also licensed for residential lending and can generate business lines as well -giving the customer the full 360 effect of you being their personal banker

coworkers are energetic and always willing to help -not just the customer but the team

hardest part of the job is really delving in to a person's finances and reasons as to why and how they want their money handled -tend to get a greater story than expected and they
re not particularly present ones

best part- finding the perfect financial solution for your customer , very rewarding to watch people receive whaqt they never thought they could get, help people achieve their various financial goals in a multitude of ways

management- varies branch to branch, but ultimately , based on upper management -market and regional managers -that make the job a little more difficult -the promise of moving up "quickly" in the company sometimes leads to empty promises, some HR standards are simply double-edge swords of rules and penalties
Pros
promotional incentives
Cons
inadequate staffing, little work/life balance
Fun workplace
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Fairfield, CTDecember 21, 2015
Good start for the financial field if that you want to start a career. Plenty room for advancement. Management could be better and encouraging.
wouldn't go back
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 11, 2015
Whole focus is on selling customers more products. They forget that banking is a service and put selling ahead of everything else. Lots of pressure to reach sales goals.
Busy atmosphere with something new to learn everyday
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2015
Working at my job is a very good learning environment. It is a very fast pace environment with a lot of learning opportunities. One of the main things learned is customer service, hence having great customer service skills. Management helps to make the day go by faster and clears up any questions or issues that come up throughout the day. Coworkers also help to get to the ultimate goal and we all work great together. The hardest part of the job is not being able to answer certain questions myself. This is where learning oportunities come from. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the satisfaction on the customer's face when their problem has been resolved and they have accomplished what they came to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight