People's United Bank Employee Reviews for Senior Customer Service Representative

Great to work,, However
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Southport, CTMay 25, 2019
Peoples United Bank is a great place to work for if you want to continue your education. They have tuition reimbursement and the is a people-friendly work environment. However, People's United Bank tell you there is room to grow but they never live up to their word
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
No room to grow
Enjoyable when technical support, teller was not
Sr. Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed the job 80% of the time before I moved to Concord and was a teller. The expectations were unrealistic and stressful. You didn't meet the quota, you received not increase end of year.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits other than pay were good.
Cons
Pay was lousy.
Fun job
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTAugust 6, 2018
I learned about the finance industry. I learned skills that I could carry to other jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the great customers that you meet
Pros
nice people
Cons
raises aren't very much
Great place to start when first get into the banking industry
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 14, 2018
Do not expect to be paid well initially if you are working in the branches, but you will gain a lot of experience and learn about the day to day operations of a bank very quickly. If you are sales oriented and a go getter, you have the ability to advance. Working in the stop and shop branches can be challenging with high customer volume and a high pace work environment, but those up for the challenge can thrive. Working under a great manager can make all the difference with your experience, as I was lucky to have one of those great managers. There is a very high rate of turnover unfortunately, so they expect you to learn relatively quickly.
Great people to work WITH, not FOR.
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Setauket, NYFebruary 28, 2018
The largest "community" bank took over Bank of Smithtown in Smithtown, NY. The honeymoon was fine, all systems continued, until they fully took over. They pushed selling to customers instead of getting to know them and then recommending them products. We had customers leaving in DROVES. Upper management got to stay and continued with their favorites.
A hometown bank
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTFebruary 8, 2018
People's United Bank is a large regional bank, where customers are not just account numbers, and there their internal and external community is strong. This is why I chose to work here rather than any other national bank. I was able to build up trust and relationships with my customers as well as my understanding of the banking culture. Here, you are someone and not an employee number.
Great management
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 2, 2017
I worked for Peoples for over a year, I really enjoyed my job and my team, Peoples recognizes it's employees and accomplishments. I would recommend working for them.
Pros
great team members
Cons
not full time
Stresful environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTAugust 1, 2017
i feel they did not give me the proper training at this job. i had unrealistic goals to meet on products i was never even officially trained on. however, good opportunities to advance if you really work hard.
Good part time job
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 17, 2017
Worked at a stop and shop location and the day stays busy.
Learned a lot while working here, they constantly want you to learn new products and attend training.
Compensation could be better
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Haverstraw, NYMarch 16, 2017
Compensation and better communication between employees and management could be better as well. Transferring employees without prior knowledge is also something they should work on.
Good
Sr. CSA (Former Employee) –  WinstedOctober 19, 2016
Good place to work for, some branches have a lot of gossip.
Typical day was unlocking vaults. Setting up stations. then just process transactions and open accounts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Branch Level Managment
Challenging & Interactive Work Environment
SR. CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHSeptember 15, 2016
The people are great! I have no complaints regarding issues at work and found my immediate managers to be great mentors in my career. Banking just isn't what it used to be anymore and the perks aren't enough to retain knowledgeable employees that knows their worth.
People's United Bank
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 31, 2016
I started with the Bank about 2 years ago. It's a good place to start in Banking but there is very limited growth potential and the culture is not that of diversity.
everyone did and learned everthing from teller work and banker
sr. csa (customer service associate) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 9, 2015
Assisting customer with their everyday financial needs.
I've learned that a lot of customers don't know what's needed for them.
Being a manager or being managed over is important to have things work out smoothly
Working with your co-workers is important that all are on the same page.
The hardest part of the job I've found is getting out on time from work.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks, extra work without pay
Minimal Advancement Opportunity
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 10, 2015
I found the training adequate however advancement opportunity was minimal. This is not a company I would work for again.
Good Banking
Senior Customer Service Associate / Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 13, 2015
Clean working environment
great team work required for successful days
impressive banking products available to vast diverse cliental making cross-selling and quarterly goals easier
decent cafeteria and break room
ample company assistance whenever help is needed
Pros
working with the public
Cons
late evenings
Excellent place to work!
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ansonia, CTJuly 7, 2015
Excellent environment, great leadership, and fantastic benefits. There are plenty of opportunities available if you work your timing right, you can achieve all of your goals.
Pros
Management, benefits, growth, products, people.
Cons
wages are a little low, hours are a little long.
Joseph Lidge
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mt. vernonMarch 31, 2015
I am currently a banker for Peoples United Bank I have been here for about a year. Previously I was employed at Capital One, close to a year as well. I enjoy talking to people, and finding new ways to solve problems. I like to challenge myself, I’ve heard my weakness is taking on too many problems at a time but I believe that’s where my success drives from. I am a very confident and hardworking individual. I believe that great organization is the key to great development, without organization there is no real structure.
Friendly work environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 12, 2015
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were extremely friendly. I really enjoyed my time there.
Sr. Customer Service Associate
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2014
Working for People's is ok. They tend to promote and give you new responsibilities relatively quickly with out compensating you well for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

People's United Bank Reviews by Location