People's United Bank Employee Review

View all People's United Bank reviews

Fast paced banking environment
AVP, Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  MaineMay 18, 2019
Worked there for several years as a branch manager. Small staff at the bank which made it difficult to schedule people without going overtime. Many weekends and later days due to the paperwork that would pile up for loans or new accounts. Great training and regular staff meetings to help improve your skills. Higher sales goals for mortgage and investment goals which made it tough to reach but while I was there i made some decent bonuses and was able to win a few awards.

Peoples is very focused on sales and service and the environment is best suited for those with a lot of energy drive and focus.
Pros
Great training and salary
Cons
Long hours and high sales goals

Other People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Opportunity for growth
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 18, 2019
As an intern, working for People's United Bank at their headquarters was a wonderful opportunity that allowed me to work on my presence in the working world and presented me with valuable relationships with fellow coworkers who will be helpful pieces within my job network.
Pros
Personal space, friendly staff, productive environment, friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
great benefits but the job will make you use up all the benefits just to stay sane.
Sales & Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 16, 2019
you get 3-4 week of PTO (Personal Time Off) which is great but if you don't now your plans 2 months in advance they will denied your request due to constant understaffed branches. Management is of no help even when you are begging for guidance/coaching. they just look at you like you should already know all this. (and this is the trend of 2 out of 3 manager i have had there)
Be Prepared to work 10 hour shifts on the regular (930-730).
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Hours, staffing, management Non-existent. low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight