People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Cubicle life
Loan Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 4, 2019
Simple, easy, boring work. Office setting. Nice desk and good computers. Clean. Good break room. Nice location. Just had difficulty getting promotions. Hiring managers didn't see your education or potential, just your current job duties. Made good relationships with other departments and people came to me directly for help. I just wasn't intellectually stimulated and couldn't see myself sitting in a cubicle for the rest of my life
Pros
Stable, predictable, easy to get time off
Cons
Promotion, pay
A Quiet and (semi) Rewarding Grind
BSA/AML analysist ̴ Intern (full time) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 1, 2019
As an Intern at People's United Bank you should expect two major work traits; those being consistency and repetition. In my experience the managers would explain the basics of the work they'd expect from you and then essentially leave you to be. For the majority of my time there the manner of my work could basically be considered a complex matching game. The work is very tedious at times! The managers do not easily allow you to work on more complex and important projects. The culture at this job is at sometimes enjoyable but mainly employees stay within there small groups and don't socialize. You will learn a how to operate and manipulate a healthy amount of relevant computer programs; which I'm hoping will prove useful in future position within the field. Overall, this job is perfect for those who are looking to make an entrance into the field.
Pros
Semi-liberal phone policy; Great managers!
Cons
Expensive company lunches
Bait and switch
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 1, 2019
If you enjoy working 60 hours a week on salary pay, never seeing your family, and receiving nothing but grief after putting everything you have into servicing your customers, this is the job for you. Sales are all that matter and the payout system is a joke. $160/quarter after taxes if you're able to meet your rediculous goals on skeleton crews. If you can't make your goals be ready to feel the wrath. They promise the world to get you in but don't deliver and have you driving all over creation for your first 6 months but set your "home branch" far from home so that they don't have to pay you mileage.
Pros
Cons
Stress, no work-life balance, poor incentive plan.
Summary
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMarch 30, 2019
Peoples United Bank.
I prefer not to comment at this time. Looking forward to growing my career as a professional with an organization who's mission and core values are in line with my own professional and personal mission and core values.
work
Customer Service Associate (Senior Teller ) (Former Employee) –  West Haverstraw, NYMarch 29, 2019
Peoples United was a good place to work and had good benefits. The sales culture though was lots of pressure to cross sell and meet goals. I made many friends.
company needs improvement
Sales and Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 14, 2019
manger is great. She is very Knowledgeable. she has been in the company for a long time any issues she is your person. But honestly the upper management need to work on how to appreciate the employees more. Honestly they have a shortage in staffing. Employees are leaving because the amount of pressure that is being put with sales. Its all about number but no appreciation. They give you a lot of work but don't pay you enough for the work you do. Plus I got my yearly review and didn't get a compensation because I'm capped out. what that means is that there is no more room for growth. what I got was a small bonus which gets taxed and means nothing. It means that Peoples needs to make some improvements if they want to keep there employees.
Pros
shortage of staffing, insurance not great, upper management need more working
Enjoyable People
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTMarch 12, 2019
For the most part I enjoyed my coworkers. The work required of you is not difficult. At my location the hours given were flexible and everyone very understanding of each others out of work lifestyle.
Pros
Liberal atmosphere, PTO was great
Cons
Compensation
Great Company
Sales & Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 12, 2019
Love the culture and the development process. The people I've come across in the company have driven me to be successful within the 2 years I been here.
Bad culture and no benefits
Banker (Former Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 11, 2019
Working here was just a transition phase for me as id previously lost thr startup opportunity. The people were not happy and i was working there whilst looking for other work
Good Company to work for
SR. FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. Was my first job, i learned a lot and it set me up to grow my self and my career. Learned a lot about banking and the industry. Great leadership.
A lot of pressure to reach the goal and you get a rise if your manager think that you reached your goal
BANK TELLER (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, CTFebruary 22, 2019
If you enjoy working on the weekend than take the job. It is difficult to reach sales goals. Also, upper higher managers want more and more from their employes which is not necessary to push that much. They have to do a better job with advertising on TV and social media platforms.
Employment Overview
Retirement Plan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 21, 2019
They have too few people filling too many roles. The people you wok with in the office you were at were great. It is Senior Management that I had issues with. They work everyone too hard instead of staffing properly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expectations too high
Unethical, dishonest, unprofessional, no integrity
VP, Security Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 20, 2019
These are my experiences and my thoughts:

Nothing really good to say as one has to "go along" with management on "cover-ups" and "lies", in addition to the beration of other employees behind their back. The pay and benefits may appear good, but the only way to keep them is continue in this hostile, bigoted, environment and "put up with it".

Upper managment will openly lie and provide false statments to protect themselves. When caught lying, they will retaliate and destroy one's reputation and self-worth within the professional world. A very vindictive and ill-intentioned environment. Cannot rate anything higher than the worst as there are no values and the culture is one of lies and falsehoods. Hard to rate anything above the worst for career opportunities and other areas when the only manner to advance is to "play along" and lie to anyone to protect the executives. Security is very lax and a threatening environment. Although the benefits are good, one is destroyed if they believe in integrity and protecting the bank, customers, employees as expected. I say the above as it pertained to my situation working for a long term higher level personnel as I had to protect him and others at his level or above from unethical and mean-spirited practices.

A back-stabbing, vindictive environment. Executive management is the problem as so many employeesb work so hard and do a good job. They really have to try to "ignore" the unethical environment to maintain their jobs.

Very sad and demeaning environment.
Pros
Benefits, however, one must be willing to lose integrity to maintain
Cons
Entire unethical, unprofessional environment - hostile from beginning
Note Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2019
I have nothing to review about People's. It was a good experience to work there. I did meet some good co-workers. I do not know the relationships with the main branch, Only worked in an office of 15. The only office in the state of Kentucky,
just a number
Banker III (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 5, 2019
This company is a numbers driven company. They only care about sales and $$. They don't care about their employees , only what the employees bring to the tables and how much you can sell
Pros
hours
Good Job To Get Business Experience
Banker III (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJanuary 24, 2019
This job requires an extremely high amount of precision and accuracy since money-handling and data entry are the primary functions. Benefits are good, but like all banks the pay for tellers is not enough for the amount of perfection you are expected to maintain.
Pros
Good benefits and experience
Cons
Like all banks, not enough pay for tellers
Perfect job for people with children
Teller (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTJanuary 17, 2019
The pay is just okay. The schedule is great if you’re working at a traditional branch. There’s always a class you can take or an online course. My manager was wonderful. If I ever have children, I will definitely try to get back into the banking industry just for the schedule and all the PTO they give you right when you start.. they start you with 3 weeks pto..
Pros
Pto, schedule
Cons
No advancement
Productive fun workplace
Flood Insurance Monitoring Rep (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJanuary 17, 2019
I loved working here, I just left because I moved to another state. I learned a lot about the insurance world and I will take some of that knowledge with me I'm sure.
Enjoyable when technical support, teller was not
Sr. Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed the job 80% of the time before I moved to Concord and was a teller. The expectations were unrealistic and stressful. You didn't meet the quota, you received not increase end of year.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits other than pay were good.
Cons
Pay was lousy.
Na
AML/KYC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton Bays, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Management is approachable and works with employees to meet professional goals. Collaboration between lines of business allows employees to succeed together, one of our guiding principles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at People's United Bank.

Powered by Comparably