People Assisting The Homeless (PATH) Employee Reviews

Great Mission Poor Management
PSS (Former Employee) –  San DeigoOctober 6, 2018
The San Diego office has poor management and they love to micromanage everything. They have a great vision and I loved what they are trying to do. However, they do not communicate with the staff. They tell you that they want to know when you do not feel like something is right, but then treat you as an outcast if you mention what you do not think is right. They will write you up for hearsay and have the paper ready for you to sign before you even tell your side of the story. They should really treat their employees like they want the employees to treat them and the clients. I was sad when I left because I really like what the mission statement stood for. I only wished the management would have stood for the same thing. I learned a lot good and bad and I will take that with me.
Pros
Pay is good for the work in a noprofit, clients are awesome
Cons
poor management, say they promote within but do not
Senior Management Is Not A Good Example of How to Treat Employee's
Not a liberty to say (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2018
I learned that a organization that is rapidly growing and branding their name in the Community, as a organization of compassion for the homeless, they must show compassion for their employees as well.
Pros
The mission and goal of the organization is assisting the homeless - they work hard to do this
Cons
The same compassion of helping the homeless should apply to the employee's as well
Fantastic cause; stressful and non communicative work environment.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2018
This employer did tend to choose quantity over quality when it came to their services. A minimal amount of support, supplies and communication was provided to direct service providers and the pay gap between top administrators and the direct service providers could be as wide as $85k.
Pros
Anywhere that keeps people of the streets should get a thumbs up.
Cons
Self-indulgent administration
Great Work Enviroment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
One of the most positive work environments I have ever worked in. I would definitely stay here for years if I didn't need to relocate for other reason. I definitely recommend PATH because they take good care of the clients and the employees.
pretty secure job if you keep up with work ethics
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
once i first started working here i was welcomed with open arms and complete understanding of your needs. pays great and most of the clients are bearable even with there needs. as long as you do your job description and keep your cool this is an ideal job for any one under maintenance.
Making the world a better place one person at a time
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 30, 2014
My day begins with greeting the friendly staff and reading email for tasks and assignments of the day.

I learned how to bring together a community in support of helping one another to advance in life.

Management is genuinely caring about bringing PATH's mission to life.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that I can't help everyone on my own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I made a difference in the life of several people who need help.
Pros
Friendly staff, grateful clients, enthusiastic volunteers
Cons
Realizing the huge impact of homelessness in Los Angeles
Enjoyed working with the residents
Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 26, 2013
Did intakes of new residents. I had learned in this position of the set backs people may experience that caused them to become homeless. The management was great. The lady I worked with was always trying to find new grants and get the community involved to help fund the shelter. What was difficult at times was hearing of these peoples situation but even better was helping them find a job and giving them some direction to start over again.
Good company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2012
Homeless shelter. Great people trying to better themselves and the company does its part.
Pros
little to no supervision. nice, quiet workplace.
Cons
low pay. short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Assisting The Homeless (PATH). Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight