People Assisting The Homeless (PATH) Employee Reviews

Office manager and liaison (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2019
very great place to work everyone was very friendly and professional. I enjoyed my time here. volunteering at a homeless shelter vary. You may be doing maintenance, helping with daily activities, serving food or a variety of other jobs.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
healthcare
Corrupt and dishonest
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2019
Horrible place to work. Cutthroat environment
Employees lazy and mean. Management mean and disrespectful to the employees. Very exploitative and employees are very expendable
Many too many employees fired for mo reason
Management stealing from government and could care less about the homeless people
They treated them terribly and did anything they could to avoid spending money on them.
Horrible horrible job.
Terrible.
Cons
poor management no team work lack of support to staff
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  North Long Beach, CAFebruary 27, 2019
i worked as a outreach street navigator in the past for 4 months. i was very motivated at first and I was stricken to see micromanagement, lack of communication, team support within the team especially management. Favoritism with colleagues who thought they were supervisors and were not. I had complain about how individuals impose there religious beliefs to other staff and even unfortunately to the clients that we serve as well. That I am aware of PATH is not a religious organization. It was disappointing, yet I did meet an incredible person there that was supportive and helped me find continue on somewhere else where they would value my strengths. I am aware that some people in management are no longer there so maybe the place is better.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of team support, micromanagement, poor management
Poor Management
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2018
PATH Los Angeles management harass their workers. They like to joke about real concerns that need to be addressed. PATH LA lacks professional and ethical principles. PATH disrespects it's employees then hide when someone stands up to them. Managers have cultivated a culture of hate, discrimination, and harassment. Because of this, I rate them a zero. I read one of the reviews from one of their managers: you may want to correct "udeserved" to read "underserved." Geez! Really! Really!
Pros
Working with the Homeless
Cons
Harassment and Management Fails.
Associate Director, Metro LA Programs (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2018
Management has been supportive to my growth, they show me to better myself with undeserved populations. I would encourage any potential candidate to apply.
Awesome place!
VASH/ICMS Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2018
An awesome place to work. Great management, great co-workers. Very supportive staff and available when needed. Flexible work schedule and no micromanaging.
Pros
Positive work environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
Salary is not competitive
Senior Management Is Not A Good Example of How to Treat Employee's
Not a liberty to say (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2018
I learned that a organization that is rapidly growing and branding their name in the Community, as a organization of compassion for the homeless, they must show compassion for their employees as well.
Pros
The mission and goal of the organization is assisting the homeless - they work hard to do this
Cons
The same compassion of helping the homeless should apply to the employee's as well
Fantastic cause; stressful and non communicative work environment.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2018
This employer did tend to choose quantity over quality when it came to their services. A minimal amount of support, supplies and communication was provided to direct service providers and the pay gap between top administrators and the direct service providers could be as wide as $85k.
Pros
Anywhere that keeps people of the streets should get a thumbs up.
Cons
Self-indulgent administration
Great Work Enviroment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
One of the most positive work environments I have ever worked in. I would definitely stay here for years if I didn't need to relocate for other reason. I definitely recommend PATH because they take good care of the clients and the employees.
pretty secure job if you keep up with work ethics
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
once i first started working here i was welcomed with open arms and complete understanding of your needs. pays great and most of the clients are bearable even with there needs. as long as you do your job description and keep your cool this is an ideal job for any one under maintenance.
Making the world a better place one person at a time
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 30, 2014
My day begins with greeting the friendly staff and reading email for tasks and assignments of the day.

I learned how to bring together a community in support of helping one another to advance in life.

Management is genuinely caring about bringing PATH's mission to life.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that I can't help everyone on my own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I made a difference in the life of several people who need help.
Pros
Friendly staff, grateful clients, enthusiastic volunteers
Cons
Realizing the huge impact of homelessness in Los Angeles
Enjoyed working with the residents
Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 26, 2013
Did intakes of new residents. I had learned in this position of the set backs people may experience that caused them to become homeless. The management was great. The lady I worked with was always trying to find new grants and get the community involved to help fund the shelter. What was difficult at times was hearing of these peoples situation but even better was helping them find a job and giving them some direction to start over again.
Good company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2012
Homeless shelter. Great people trying to better themselves and the company does its part.
Pros
little to no supervision. nice, quiet workplace.
Cons
low pay. short breaks.