People Inc. Employee Reviews

petty drama
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYOctober 19, 2018
Listen this job does come with some good things, you get to work and help individuals with many aspects of their life and it can be very rewarding. However, it does not make up for the fact that each place you go has a massive amount of petty drama. This drama is so extreme to the point they don't even talk to you, they just report you for things that didn't even happen to the most extreme degree. I have a relative that has special needs and she would need to live in a group home when she get a bit older, I have been steering her family away since I started at the company.

It a very stressful and un-worthwhile experience.
Pros
rewarding to work with individuals
Cons
drama, unsupportive environment, having to do other people's job
Improvements
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2018
I think that the staff there need to actually care about the individuals more than they do. There can't be a few people that care, it needs to be everyone and it should be the managers job to enforce that. These are people, treat them like they are your family because you are their family at the end of the day.
Comunication
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 16, 2018
Communication between management and staff needs to be better especially when a problem was brought to their notice and they do nothing about it... 😞
Underpaid
PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2018
Do not get enough money for what you do and a lot of things are unorganized. The people you work with is usually dependent on which house you work at and there is no sure fire way to say if yours will be good or not
Outstanding
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 19, 2018
An amazing company lead by on of the best in the business!! The mission and quality of care provided by People Inc is second to none. People Inc invests in their employees through trainings, mentoring, tutition reimbursement.
Can be very difficult to work at People Inc.
Direct Support, Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14231September 18, 2018
This is not a job for everyone. It can be unforgiving, not great pay, demanding, management can be missing at times. The individuals can be aggressive, nasty, violent. So you must always be on guard, and watch carefully.
Pros
Helping less fortuate
Cons
Can be dangerous, and is very physical.
loved pt's but too much work drama
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NY/Buffalo NySeptember 13, 2018
I worked at People Inc but was it was more like a clinic … nothing but drama with co-workers, backstabbing, gossiping, and some of the staff with pathetic especially some of the Dr's I didn't even know what they looked like they never introduced themselves when a new employee started some of the nurses had an attitude thinking they were better the the upfront staff.... Management was very bad at taking care of the drama and the backstabbing always took one person's side... Don't work at this site unless you love drama, backstabbing … too bad I loved the pt's that came in they made my day...
People Inc - Years Ago
Family Focus Worker (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKSeptember 12, 2018
I worked at People Inc years ago. It was a great place to get my feet wet after graduating with my masters degree. I learned so much there. The people at People Inc and in the town are very friendly.
good job
staff (Current Employee) –  MASSSeptember 11, 2018
lots of opportunity in the agency to advance if you are interested and also alot of education opportunities as well. there are many different divisions to work in and lost of people to reach out to for help
Fast paced stressful environment
Primary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Very stressful job. Are expected to do more than you are paid to do. Not worth the stress. Upper management puts a lot of expectations on the staff that is not possible to do. Definitely not worth the stress.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stressful situations
Great Company
Senior Medicaid Service Coordinator/Broker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
The Rochester branch was a little different than the bigger Buffalo location. However, it was a very respectable and good company to work for. I was able to also have a social life and it was important to me in having a good balance between job responsibilities and home life.
Pros
flexible schedules, generous PTO package, good benefits, good people.
Job with great benefits but not the greatest wage
ICF Specialist/Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 28, 2018
This is a job where you create relationships between yourself, other staff and the residents your are there for. You will gain life-long learning tools that will help you in the future. Benefits are amazing and worth noting.. It's always a joy seeing that you have a positive impact on someones life. However, it can become stressful very easily and you will find yourself doing more work than intended and will find yourself burnt out with all that you're doing. You do not get paid enough for the amount of work you put in. Sometimes you will find yourself working longer hours. An 8 hours shift can turn into a 18 hours shift because someone might've called off and not show up. Raises don't happen often, meaning that they RARELY ever come. Bi-weekly pay may seem good at first but when you really need money at a certain point it can be stressful not getting paid every week.
Pros
Great benefits(medical, dental, vision), develop life-long learning skills, Pto, 401K
Cons
low wages, extended shifts occasionally happen when short staffed, company overturn is really high
Interesting Job
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2018
I worked overnights and it was pretty relaxed. You would clean the house and just make sure the individuals were safe. If they needed anything, you would help them. Pretty chill job. It does get frustrating at times but you have to learn to cope with it. Barely get to see upper management because of my schedule. You only see your coworkers and talk to your manager through text. Thats for the overnight though.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Must have patience
Good Company but bad work site
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14226August 12, 2018
My work site was a mess and doesn't represent People Inc. as a whole. but the fact that the company allowed my site to operate in the manner it did for years speaks volumes.
Manager was great just the pay wasn’t good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYAugust 9, 2018
For the amount of work that has to be done the compensation isn’t good enough. Literally you have to take care of multiple lives and are making the bare minimum to make sure they stay alive.
Good place
Day aide (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYAugust 7, 2018
People inc is flexible schedule wise .Its something you grow to love once you get used to it . I love helping people.Lots of overtime available .lots of training involved
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Team work
Working with kids
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with the kids every day. But things were never what I thought they should be for the kids that I worked with. People were just rude and mean to the kids in my opinion. If I could have stayed and worked I would have but I had to leave because I moved.
People inc
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 25, 2018
Greattt benefits, sub-par pay. Lots of room to move up or around to different positions or different sites. Great company to work for. Must be patient and flexible to work here.
Not a place for people with a heart
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 10, 2018
Stressful place where employees are like crabs in a barrel. Lots of gossip and finger pointing not enough work being done or treating employees the same. Pay is minute for amount of work load.
Pros
bonus if you decline health insurance
Cons
have to punch out on breaks, have to attend meetings on break, forced participation at holidays
Management was poor
ICF Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 10, 2018
I loved working for people inc being a part of the individuals daily lives was a great feeling . The only thing I would change about my experience working there is management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.