People Inc. Employee Reviews

Relaxed but fast paced environments
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Most enjoyable: working with individuals who have disabilities, figuring out out of the box solutions to problems, relaxed atmosphere
Hardest things: unreliability of coworkers, little team work
Pros
Free meals, Paid lunches, Time off accrued each pay check
Cons
Little room for advancement, Low wages
Relaxed and fun but sometimes very stressful
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed working at people inc. I liked the fact that we could get as much overtime as we wanted. I also most importantly loved working with the individuals. I loved bonding with them
Amazing Environment
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Everyone I worked with was extremely respectful and helpful. There is always something to do and although projects could be tedious you are often working on a team. There is a lot of room for creativity and advancement in the company,
Wonderful commnuity
IRA Specialist (Day Aide) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2019
I love bonding with my individuals and seeing this progression through life and experiencing new memories along with them. People INC is a wonderful place to work.
Not my favorite
Habitational/Vocational Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKDecember 26, 2018
inconsistent management, too much mandatory unexpected overtime, backstabbing criminal house mangers in a lot but not all cases. unfair advancement, low pay for hard time consuming work, not professional at any level, didn't get reimbursed for a lot of mileage owed due to crooked supervisors and CEOs.
Pros
you earn a check
Cons
countless
Underpaid
Individualized Residential Alternative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 17, 2018
IRA specialists are underpaid for the amount of liability and work they shoulder. However, benefits are pretty decent for full time employees. I worked there while finishing college.
Good and bad place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 17, 2018
Hours arent enough unless you work at a group room. But the pay rate at the group home isnt good. I worked for the SDA and it was great, but the hours werent there.
They do it right
Overnight IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 14, 2018
This is a company that is full of wonderful opportunities for anyone who is interested in the human services field. The give you a good chance to be successful and go places in your career.
Atmosphere
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKDecember 7, 2018
The teaching atmosphere was strict, due to the students were juvenile residents who were in custody.
The safety of the teachers was a high concern for the supervisor, a body guard was assigned to be in the class room at all times
Pros
good surroundings
Productive workplace with great management
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, NYDecember 4, 2018
Management was helpful in the process when questions arose, other employees were great to come to with advice when needed. There is a sense of teamwork and community that comes along working there and with the individuals at the various locations.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Great plce to work
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 27, 2018
The management team were very friendly and informative. I enjoyed working with the individuals in the group home setting as well as in the community. I would've liked to have a better hourly rate.
Rewarding and Fun
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 18, 2018
I love the staff and participants at Pathways for People. Most instructors work seven hours a day. There are not enough floater there your schedule can change at a late notice. Pathways bills Medicaid for the services provide therefore there is a limit of how much they can pay staff. The management is good but there is room for improvement. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unpleasant task.
Pros
Good staff and rewarding work
Cons
Pay in this field is low.
Stressful job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 17, 2018
If you want a job to survive but tear your hair out. This is the job for you.

Good money, hours are ok at best. Responsibility is way to high and managers do not do their job right.
Pros
Money
Cons
Loss of sanity
Poor Management
Residential Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 6, 2018
Poor management, poor salary, and poor organization. The employee turnover rate is high for a reason. The individuals are sweet and working with them is rewarding. Unfortunately most workers do not care for them as they should.
Pros
Perk heavy, good benefits.
Cons
No breaks, high stress, poor management, unprofessional.
Helps alot of people
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKOctober 31, 2018
As a person getting any type of services here it is absolutely a great place but its definitely a place where the employees all need a big raise they all have extremely stressful hard jobs
Group home
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 20, 2018
I enjoyed working in a home to help people with disabilities live as independently as possible. Working here has given me an idea of what to expect as I continue my nursing career.
petty drama
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYOctober 19, 2018
Listen this job does come with some good things, you get to work and help individuals with many aspects of their life and it can be very rewarding. However, it does not make up for the fact that each place you go has a massive amount of petty drama. This drama is so extreme to the point they don't even talk to you, they just report you for things that didn't even happen to the most extreme degree. I have a relative that has special needs and she would need to live in a group home when she get a bit older, I have been steering her family away since I started at the company.

It a very stressful and un-worthwhile experience.
Pros
rewarding to work with individuals
Cons
drama, unsupportive environment, having to do other people's job
The individuals are what motivate the employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2018
I had room to grow at people inc in my career. The job aloud for me to build on my foundation skills and exceed my expectations in my job. The individuals taught me more about myself than any other job.
Improvements
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2018
I think that the staff there need to actually care about the individuals more than they do. There can't be a few people that care, it needs to be everyone and it should be the managers job to enforce that. These are people, treat them like they are your family because you are their family at the end of the day.
Comunication
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 16, 2018
Communication between management and staff needs to be better especially when a problem was brought to their notice and they do nothing about it... 😞

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight