People Inc Employee Reviews

Family Environment
Senior Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 12, 2018
People Inc. has one downfall- pay. All staff are required to provide transportation, pass medication, complete documentation, understand behaviors and medical needs. The company is growing rapidly, however has a "small company" feel. Many people know your name and where you work and it becomes very personal which is definitely a positive as you feel supported. Staff are unreliable leaving you mandated or leaving managers forced to come in last minute. The individuals are incredible to work for, most of the time you are treated like family and it doesn't feel like "work", it feels like home.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Pay, Mandating
Sad
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2018
Working with people that had disabilities was a rewarding job, but very difficult as well knowing they relied on you completely for almost everything.
Pros
Outings
Cons
pay
working and teaching the consumers is very rewarding
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKApril 23, 2018
Teaching the consumers new life lessons, watching them learn to speak new words and to do new tasks is very rewarding. The people are very personable.
Pros
weeks paid vaction after 1 year
Cons
No breaks, poor benifits
May 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We review the feedback on our Indeed page on a routine basis, and noted that this review may have been meant for another People Inc. in Sallisaw, OK (www.peopleinc.org)? Our organization (www.people-inc.org) only operates in Western New York, though we know there are several organizations with names similar to ours.

Bad management
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKMarch 29, 2018
I do not have time to list all the issues I seen with this company. I seen abuse to the people that lived in the facility and reported to who I thought would take care of it but did not.

Community Action Agency
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VA 24210March 26, 2018
Keeps giving more and more to do in addition to job duties. Low pay, no raises. Nice people. No overtime so gives balance to family life because you only work an eight hour day.
Pros
Able to help disadvantaged people.
Cons
Emphasis on hierarchy, Little teamwork.
May 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We review the feedback on our Indeed page on a routine basis, and noted that this review may have been meant for another People Inc.? Our organization (www.people-inc.org) only operates in Western New York, though we know there are several organizations with names similar to ours.

Horrible
Primary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2018
Don’t work here. Horrible pay. Coworkers are sketchy and cause drama. Managers only care about themselves. Love my clients and wish better people worked here to serve them
Fun workplace with patients
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 19, 2018
Taking care of patients and helping with activities of daily living. The managers who oversee the consumer-directed program has bad timing of reaching employees.
Great environment
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2018
It depends on what site you work at but overall people inc and the individuals it serves are amazing . This would be great for those who enjoy working with people .
good bounces, bad management
Day Aide (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYMarch 13, 2018
Had some good co-workers, we all worked well together, the job it self was very stressful due to the behavior we had to manages of the patient, the resident i had worked for was a special resident made for aggressive behavioral patients. So it was a lot on the body and mind, had to think quick, and know what your doing, and also make sure patient is safe, while doing SCIP, which was done through out the whole day due to the behaviors. besides the behavior, patient were wonderful, hours were great, Management was poor, sometimes it felt like we didn't have a manger because they would never come or when they did they would come on there own time and leave on there own time, so kind of felt like we as staffs worked on our own and manged the resident and patient on our own.
Good bounces, and lots of them!!!
Pay was fair, but not enough with the amount of responsibility we had.
fun
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 8, 2018
I love working with everyone from the clients to co-workers , its a nice experience and we do everything from daily living activities to going out in the world.
I worked at People Inc. as a temp.
Budget Analysis/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2018
I worked at People Inc as a temp contract work. My job was extended for a longer period. Acct Temps got me an interview right a way and I was hired within a few days. Overall it was a very nice experience.
Awesome Experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 1, 2018
This place has given me more experiences than one. Definitely a place that gives you peace of mind when it comes to a job. It's worth it, for sure!!!!
Nice company to work for
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The job can be stressful some days and relaxed other days. All in all, it is a good company to work for. People that work there (co-workers) are great. They are very understanding when it comes to taking time off.
If you like to help people with emotional problems this place is for you.
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKFebruary 9, 2018
The hardest part of this job is learning what happened to individuals are taking care of to make them the way they are today. Some of the stories are just horrific. The best part of this job is that you are able to bring some joy into their lives.
Pros
free lunches and trips
Cons
hard to have a life if you are married or have children.

Site Specific
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, NYFebruary 7, 2018
People Inc has many different aspects, so this review is less of a summary of the company as a whole and more just an account of my experience. I personally worked at a residential site. The job is different everyday. It can be stressful and fast paced having to handle all sorts of aspects of the site. My biggest complaint is about pay. 12.75 is higher than most places but it's not enough to adequately compensate everything we do to support these individuals. Many of my coworkers left to find better paying jobs, adding to the stress and workload of those who remained. I regularity worked 50-65 hour weeks to help get my site to the bare minimum staffing needed. Needless to say I didn't have a good work/life balance.

The management at the site, however, worked hard and were very helpful in assisting the staff in whatever ways they could. Most of everyone I worked with were great people.
Pros
Benefits, Management
Cons
Burnout
Great experience
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 7, 2018
This was a great experience. Working with the ID/DD population and their families to get the community supports needed to thrive. People Inc has a phenomenal BIS department.
Pros
Great collegues
Cons
Reaching consensus can hinder effectiveness
Wonderful Company
Early Intervention Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2018
People Inc. is a great agency to work for just not enough opportunities to grow within the company. If you're coming straight out of college this is a good starter job.
Poor management
Day Medical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Poor management. High turnover rate. Supervisors need better training and to be more knowledgeable about their positions. Needs union or a voice between employees and management. Not enough hands on from management.
People inc
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 20, 2018
This was a fun place to be, working with children with developmental disability, and growing with them, was awesome to see their changed daily. I did go to classes for MAT. because I did hand out medication to our children.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Having to leave
May 7, 2018

Wonderful people working for a wonderful cause
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Everyone is friendly, hard-working, and truly cares about the well-being of the individuals we serve. As a person in the business office I don't directly care for our residents, but I find that even the folks in administration are inclusive, open-minded, and dedicated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight