People Inc Employee Reviews

Manager was great just the pay wasn’t good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYAugust 9, 2018
For the amount of work that has to be done the compensation isn’t good enough. Literally you have to take care of multiple lives and are making the bare minimum to make sure they stay alive.
Good place
Day aide (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYAugust 7, 2018
People inc is flexible schedule wise .Its something you grow to love once you get used to it . I love helping people.Lots of overtime available .lots of training involved
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Team work
Working with kids
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with the kids every day. But things were never what I thought they should be for the kids that I worked with. People were just rude and mean to the kids in my opinion. If I could have stayed and worked I would have but I had to leave because I moved.
People inc
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 25, 2018
Greattt benefits, sub-par pay. Lots of room to move up or around to different positions or different sites. Great company to work for. Must be patient and flexible to work here.
Not a place for people with a heart
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 10, 2018
Stressful place where employees are like crabs in a barrel. Lots of gossip and finger pointing not enough work being done or treating employees the same. Pay is minute for amount of work load.
Pros
bonus if you decline health insurance
Cons
have to punch out on breaks, have to attend meetings on break, forced participation at holidays
Management was poor
ICF Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 10, 2018
I loved working for people inc being a part of the individuals daily lives was a great feeling . The only thing I would change about my experience working there is management
Friendly Co-Workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 21, 2018
good place to work pay was a little low but it has really good benefits alot of data entry and very friendly co workers i enjoyed my time at peple inc
worst position/job EVER
peer companion (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYJune 16, 2018
please do not work at this agency. find a real mental health organization that is effective and professional. this organization is EXTREMELY poorly managed, completely unprofessional, and does not value their employees at all. huge turnover rate. consider mental health america or omh because this was one of the worst positions i ever granted my time towards. they did not appreciate me even when i took time off the clock to help find resources for a peer bc they were not doing anything about it! WASTE OF TIME...
Pros
rewarding to help peers
Cons
everything. completely unprofessional
June 19, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We review the feedback on our Indeed page on a routine basis, and noted that this review may have been meant for another People Inc? Our organization (www.people-inc.org) only operates in Western New York, though we know there are several organizations with names similar to ours.

Working with special needs
Self Determination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221June 7, 2018
People Inc offers an opportunity to work with individuals that have particular needs. This environment can be stressful but also rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the fruits of the labor you have been putting in bloom and prosper.
Pros
Free Outings
Cons
Working with the other family members
Its a secure place to work for some people.
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakeview, NYJune 4, 2018
Its a good rewarding job for people that can afford to work for less. Its a little tougher for people with families. Work conditions vary from house to house.
Pros
Pto, Decent Benefits
Cons
Short staffed houses mean longer hours.
Working with disabilities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2018
Helping with meals, changing, going on outings, teaching the how to read, and write.. Every day living requirements , It took great pleasure advocating for people that had no voice.
Pros
making someone dymjust by a smile
Cons
loosing a patient
Review Summary
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221May 16, 2018
Good place to work. There was thorough training upon orientation for staff. Working with the people in your care is the best part of the job. There is adequate time off and flexibility.
Family Environment
Senior Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 12, 2018
People Inc. has one downfall- pay. All staff are required to provide transportation, pass medication, complete documentation, understand behaviors and medical needs. The company is growing rapidly, however has a "small company" feel. Many people know your name and where you work and it becomes very personal which is definitely a positive as you feel supported. Staff are unreliable leaving you mandated or leaving managers forced to come in last minute. The individuals are incredible to work for, most of the time you are treated like family and it doesn't feel like "work", it feels like home.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Pay, Mandating
Sad
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2018
Working with people that had disabilities was a rewarding job, but very difficult as well knowing they relied on you completely for almost everything.
Pros
Outings
Cons
pay
working and teaching the consumers is very rewarding
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKApril 23, 2018
Teaching the consumers new life lessons, watching them learn to speak new words and to do new tasks is very rewarding. The people are very personable.
Pros
weeks paid vaction after 1 year
Cons
No breaks, poor benifits
May 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We review the feedback on our Indeed page on a routine basis, and noted that this review may have been meant for another People Inc. in Sallisaw, OK (www.peopleinc.org)? Our organization (www.people-inc.org) only operates in Western New York, though we know there are several organizations with names similar to ours.

Bad management
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKMarch 29, 2018
I do not have time to list all the issues I seen with this company. I seen abuse to the people that lived in the facility and reported to who I thought would take care of it but did not.

Community Action Agency
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VA 24210March 26, 2018
Keeps giving more and more to do in addition to job duties. Low pay, no raises. Nice people. No overtime so gives balance to family life because you only work an eight hour day.
Pros
Able to help disadvantaged people.
Cons
Emphasis on hierarchy, Little teamwork.
May 7, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We review the feedback on our Indeed page on a routine basis, and noted that this review may have been meant for another People Inc.? Our organization (www.people-inc.org) only operates in Western New York, though we know there are several organizations with names similar to ours.

Horrible
Primary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2018
Don’t work here. Horrible pay. Coworkers are sketchy and cause drama. Managers only care about themselves. Love my clients and wish better people worked here to serve them
Fun workplace with patients
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 19, 2018
Taking care of patients and helping with activities of daily living. The managers who oversee the consumer-directed program has bad timing of reaching employees.
Great environment
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2018
It depends on what site you work at but overall people inc and the individuals it serves are amazing . This would be great for those who enjoy working with people .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight