Peoples Bank Employee Reviews

I wouldn't ever go back
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARFebruary 13, 2019
Overall, the place was great at first.. was promised to get a raise and never got one until I said I was looking for another job. a bank teller has its moments, I love it but maybe for a different company..
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
have to dress up everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Peoples Bank is a wonderful place to work. It has a great work environment as well as a great and supportive staff. I would recommend working here to everyone l.
Very good learning experience
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Elba, ALJanuary 23, 2019
Need both strong customer service skills and ability to handle money . Monday morning night deposits are very time consuming. Excellent pay, bonuses, and 401k package.
Not family/medically friendly.
Teller (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 15, 2019
A typical day was helping customers with their accounts either withdrawls or deposits. I did learn a lot about the banking culture as all I had before was credit union experience, which is a lot different. They switched management half way through my employment and their was a lot of differences on the way things were done.
Pros
Working with the people.
Cons
No heathcare, really only had a lunch break.
Great support system.
Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2018
Having a compliance background really helps. Company is based out of Mariettia, OH so a number of training classes you have to travel to HQ. Depending on our position, you may travel a lot.
Fun working Environment Where I felt like I was part of a Family
Personal Banker/Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 28, 2018
Working for People's Bank was fun! I never had a day that I didn't want o go to work. The training was very hands-on and I was able to learn a lot. I always felt secure knowing that I would never be thrown into a situation I couldn't handle.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
short breaks
They don’t care about you.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 25, 2018
They prefer to promote from outside the company. Little chance for advancement. Will smile to your face and tell you your important but at the same time will let you know your easily replaceable.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, promote from outside company
Duties
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 12, 2018
I was the personal banker. I was given goals at the beginning of the year. I would surpass those goals. Always being in the top five of fifty nine bankers. I would meet these goals cross selling our products. I worked for Peoples Bank for eleven and a half years
Pros
Hours
Cons
Started having to work six days a week. One day, three hours. Not good when you are driving thirty miles round trip
Work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2018
Work at Peoples Bank was stressful but enjoyable. It was a high energy environment that promoted sales. The offices where clean and the equipment was all new.
Pros
New offices
Cons
Stessful
All employees start at $12.00 an hour
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 26, 2018
Raise every six months. In December all peoples bank employees will make at least $12.50. Lots of training and support. You can ask for help from anyone in the company.
Pros
Benefits benefits benefits
Cons
Pay is the same across roles and responsibilities
Good Company
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 24, 2018
At the time I worked for them they were a great company. They allowed you to balance your home life and work life. They offered pd vacation and paid for the employees portion of health insurance. They trained and allowed you to advance within.
Pros
to many to name
Nice place to work
Teller and Part-Time Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GASeptember 16, 2018
I was a teller and loan assistant. I cashed checks and took deposits, saving bonds and helped in the loan department. I enjoyed my job there until I was offered another job.
Pros
Cons
Trust in some of the employees
It was a good company to work for.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSSeptember 10, 2018
I would have stayed but was laid off due to drop in work load. I enjoyed working for People's Bank. I wished I could have stayed. It was a long distance from my house but it was easy to get there.
Pros
Went from temporary to permanent.
Cons
Work load dropped off.
Very comfortable
Teller (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 6, 2018
Love my job. Customers are great, they offer great paid programs like CPR, but the only thing that is not fair is the pay. The pay is also the main reason why employees leave.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Pay
Run away from this bank!!!!
Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Poor management, individuals who are in authority have no respect for their employees. Incredibly ungrateful staff and would recommend everyone stay away from this bank.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Loan Officer Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Peoples Bank has a lot of growth opportunity for a person who wants to put the work in to meet their goals.
The only down side is that goals increases each year and salary doesn't really increase.
Pros
Laid back enviroment
Cons
Not much salary increase
Real Estate Mortgage Underwriter/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianola, IAAugust 24, 2018
Peoples Bank cares deeply about their employees and their families. There is room for advancement and your ideas are heard. Peoples Bank is open to new ideas and willing to adapt practices to be more efficient.
Good company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 27, 2018
What I learn here was that there are still bullies in the work place and some employers do nothing about it. People were fabulous to work with. All we team player.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor management
Peoples
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 22, 2018
Decent place to work at, the people for the most part were great. The pay could be a little better, and there isn't much room for advancement. It's a community bank, so everyone seems to know everyone, you do get to see the CEO of the company pretty often.
Not managed well
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced. Lack of professionalism and training. Culture not supportive. Cut-throat co-workers. Not well managed; more than likely lead to merger and closure of local OH location.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peoples Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight