Peoples Bank Employee Reviews

Duties
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 12, 2018
I was the personal banker. I was given goals at the beginning of the year. I would surpass those goals. Always being in the top five of fifty nine bankers. I would meet these goals cross selling our products. I worked for Peoples Bank for eleven and a half years
Pros
Hours
Cons
Started having to work six days a week. One day, three hours. Not good when you are driving thirty miles round trip
All employees start at $12.00 an hour
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 26, 2018
Raise every six months. In December all peoples bank employees will make at least $12.50. Lots of training and support. You can ask for help from anyone in the company.
Pros
Benefits benefits benefits
Cons
Pay is the same across roles and responsibilities
Good Company
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 24, 2018
At the time I worked for them they were a great company. They allowed you to balance your home life and work life. They offered pd vacation and paid for the employees portion of health insurance. They trained and allowed you to advance within.
Pros
to many to name
Nice place to work
Teller and Part-Time Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GASeptember 16, 2018
I was a teller and loan assistant. I cashed checks and took deposits, saving bonds and helped in the loan department. I enjoyed my job there until I was offered another job.
Pros
Cons
Trust in some of the employees
It was a good company to work for.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSSeptember 10, 2018
I would have stayed but was laid off due to drop in work load. I enjoyed working for People's Bank. I wished I could have stayed. It was a long distance from my house but it was easy to get there.
Pros
Went from temporary to permanent.
Cons
Work load dropped off.
Very comfortable
Teller (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 6, 2018
Love my job. Customers are great, they offer great paid programs like CPR, but the only thing that is not fair is the pay. The pay is also the main reason why employees leave.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Pay
Run away from this bank!!!!
Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Poor management, individuals who are in authority have no respect for their employees. Incredibly ungrateful staff and would recommend everyone stay away from this bank.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Loan Officer Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Peoples Bank has a lot of growth opportunity for a person who wants to put the work in to meet their goals.
The only down side is that goals increases each year and salary doesn't really increase.
Pros
Laid back enviroment
Cons
Not much salary increase
Real Estate Mortgage Underwriter/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianola, IAAugust 24, 2018
Peoples Bank cares deeply about their employees and their families. There is room for advancement and your ideas are heard. Peoples Bank is open to new ideas and willing to adapt practices to be more efficient.
Good company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 27, 2018
What I learn here was that there are still bullies in the work place and some employers do nothing about it. People were fabulous to work with. All we team player.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor management
Peoples
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 22, 2018
Decent place to work at, the people for the most part were great. The pay could be a little better, and there isn't much room for advancement. It's a community bank, so everyone seems to know everyone, you do get to see the CEO of the company pretty often.
Not managed well
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced. Lack of professionalism and training. Culture not supportive. Cut-throat co-workers. Not well managed; more than likely lead to merger and closure of local OH location.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Unprofessional management
Would recommend working at this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJune 28, 2018
People bank has a very friendly atmosphere. The managers were the best I ever worked for. This is differently a team environment and family oriented. However there is not much opportunity for advancement.
typical day as a lender
Vice President Commercial Lender (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 28, 2018
Flexible starting time The bank management is a producing job so the lender is pretty much on his/her own to grow and succeed. Management with followup weekly to see production
Overall a great place to work for
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJune 20, 2018
The people I worked for were fun to work with. Just do your job to the best of your abilities! Sometimes they is some small drama that does not become much since the male to female ratio is like 1/10 at the moment. You can put two and two together.
Productive and Desireable workplace
Loan Receptonist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 6, 2018
This was a wonderful job position; however it was a temporary position through Express Personnel. I covered for a person who was on maternity leave and came back in 5 months. I was the Receptionist and also in the loan department and helped process loans, answered all telephone calls and greeted customers.
Pros
Wonderful Working Atmosphere
Cons
Temporary Position
Banking mergers
Branch Manager, Retail Mortgage Banking (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2018
Peoples Bank, N.A. was an awesome place and enjoyed every minute. They took over Integrity Home Loans (which I was apart of) and things went sideways. The retained (IHL) management did not conform well and were consistently unapproachable. It was difficult to perform tasks without proper support to reach organizational goals. That is a recipe for failure.
Productive and relaxed fun working environment
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYApril 16, 2018
I loved banking, and would not have quit if I had not gotten sick after having my last baby. When that happened I became a stay at home mother.I have always enjoyed working with the public. I learned a lot while at the bank. Grew fond of the faces and people I got to know and work with. Especially the customers I got to know. They were sweet. It can be hard working with the public at times and stressful. But I loved my job and working in this type of atmosphere. It was a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good bosses, good coworkers, friendly and fun atmosphere, layed back and relaxed environment most days.
stressful
Head Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 13, 2018
started out a great place to work got along with a
all of the tellers, love the customers always
willing to let the customer know about
products the bank had to offer. had the opportunity
to opening new accounts got to learn alot
about lot of aspects of banking
Pros
learning new aspects of all the changing in banking
Cons
having to pay for insurance
No longer in Business
March 2018 Deal Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2018
Peoples Bank was purchased by another Bank and is no longer in business. Peoples was a family owned bank with its main branch in Kansas. I enjoyed five years at Peoples.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peoples Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight