Peoples Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Peoples
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 22, 2018
Decent place to work at, the people for the most part were great. The pay could be a little better, and there isn't much room for advancement. It's a community bank, so everyone seems to know everyone, you do get to see the CEO of the company pretty often.
Not managed well
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced. Lack of professionalism and training. Culture not supportive. Cut-throat co-workers. Not well managed; more than likely lead to merger and closure of local OH location.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Unprofessional management
Would recommend working at this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJune 28, 2018
People bank has a very friendly atmosphere. The managers were the best I ever worked for. This is differently a team environment and family oriented. However there is not much opportunity for advancement.
typical day as a lender
Vice President Commercial Lender (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 28, 2018
Flexible starting time The bank management is a producing job so the lender is pretty much on his/her own to grow and succeed. Management with followup weekly to see production
Overall a great place to work for
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJune 20, 2018
The people I worked for were fun to work with. Just do your job to the best of your abilities! Sometimes they is some small drama that does not become much since the male to female ratio is like 1/10 at the moment. You can put two and two together.
Productive and Desireable workplace
Loan Receptonist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 6, 2018
This was a wonderful job position; however it was a temporary position through Express Personnel. I covered for a person who was on maternity leave and came back in 5 months. I was the Receptionist and also in the loan department and helped process loans, answered all telephone calls and greeted customers.
Pros
Wonderful Working Atmosphere
Cons
Temporary Position
Banking mergers
Branch Manager, Retail Mortgage Banking (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2018
Peoples Bank, N.A. was an awesome place and enjoyed every minute. They took over Integrity Home Loans (which I was apart of) and things went sideways. The retained (IHL) management did not conform well and were consistently unapproachable. It was difficult to perform tasks without proper support to reach organizational goals. That is a recipe for failure.
Productive and relaxed fun working environment
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYApril 16, 2018
I loved banking, and would not have quit if I had not gotten sick after having my last baby. When that happened I became a stay at home mother.I have always enjoyed working with the public. I learned a lot while at the bank. Grew fond of the faces and people I got to know and work with. Especially the customers I got to know. They were sweet. It can be hard working with the public at times and stressful. But I loved my job and working in this type of atmosphere. It was a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good bosses, good coworkers, friendly and fun atmosphere, layed back and relaxed environment most days.
stressful
Head Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 13, 2018
started out a great place to work got along with a
all of the tellers, love the customers always
willing to let the customer know about
products the bank had to offer. had the opportunity
to opening new accounts got to learn alot
about lot of aspects of banking
Pros
learning new aspects of all the changing in banking
Cons
having to pay for insurance
No longer in Business
March 2018 Deal Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2018
Peoples Bank was purchased by another Bank and is no longer in business. Peoples was a family owned bank with its main branch in Kansas. I enjoyed five years at Peoples.
Not a productive work place
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVApril 5, 2018
I was working at the Peoples Bank located in Walmart. I did not care for the atmosphere there. I felt it was unprofessional. The Branch Manager at the time there was not very professional.
Pros
Was able to shop after work
Cons
had to use a public restrooom
Performance Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 22, 2018
Strong performance culture with focus on ethical sales to clients with real needs. Coaching was important at this bank. Customer service was monitored and had an appropriate impact on performance.
Great people
Post-Closing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2018
It was a great place to work. Laid back and awesome benefits. Perks given. Manager was very easy going. Ladies were fun and friendly. I enjoyed getting up and going to work. I am going to miss them. Too bad the bank sold.
Good work enviroment
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALMarch 19, 2018
I loved working here, i would still be there had i not gotten sick and had to have surgeries. The staff was great, we all got along well and worked good together. I loved working with the customers and getting to know new people.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTMarch 19, 2018
Working at this bank is very confusing, sometimes you work a 5 hour day sometimes you work a 10 hour day, either way you only get 30 min lunch. They have these floaters holidays that are very confusing to understand. And if your day off is a Tuesday but a floater holiday lands on your weekend off you need to work on your day off,. Nothing about this bank makes sense working there. They force you to make sales and open accounts and do credit cards but when you work at stop and shop you see the same people all the time, not everyone wants a credit card. Management is very poor and non helpful, and the weekend hours are ridiculous.
It was a great starting oppertunity
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 13, 2018
I learned a lot there. Some of the upper management was great and others not so much. The benefits were really good with vision, dental, health and life insurance as well as a match in the 401K up to 3%.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the change in management style
Na
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSMarch 11, 2018
Work day great. Some days busier than others. Management great. Nicest people you will ever encounter in a bank. Handling money can be stressful but everyone works together.
Good Training Ground
Bank Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Furr's Branch (inside grocery chain)February 25, 2018
It is a good bank for anyone first entering the banking field or employment market. Happy to say a teller I had hired while under their employment is now the Bank Manager.

Good training ground.
Pros
Good training ground
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Productive work place
Trainee staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pugoda branchFebruary 22, 2018
I have had great experience whithin my internship period..really it was a great opportunity for me to my future..i really appreciate management and working background which i got from people's bank..i think that internship training period gave more value to my degree..
Pros
Free tea times and some lunch
Cons
Short breaks for my educational purposes
Lack of follow through
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 19, 2018
The lack of upper management to follow through caused an issue with the people who wanted to advance in their positions and what we could offer to the customers. I was excited to go to work there but within a year realized I was on my own with little help. Their coaching culture is more of a reason for coworkers to openly have an excuse to say things that were not helpful at all. I hope the bank improves in the future.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hard work is not appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peoples Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight