Peoples Bank Employee Reviews

stressful
Head Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 13, 2018
started out a great place to work got along with a
all of the tellers, love the customers always
willing to let the customer know about
products the bank had to offer. had the opportunity
to opening new accounts got to learn alot
about lot of aspects of banking
Pros
learning new aspects of all the changing in banking
Cons
having to pay for insurance
No longer in Business
March 2018 Deal Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2018
Peoples Bank was purchased by another Bank and is no longer in business. Peoples was a family owned bank with its main branch in Kansas. I enjoyed five years at Peoples.
Not a productive work place
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVApril 5, 2018
I was working at the Peoples Bank located in Walmart. I did not care for the atmosphere there. I felt it was unprofessional. The Branch Manager at the time there was not very professional.
Pros
Was able to shop after work
Cons
had to use a public restrooom
Performance Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 22, 2018
Strong performance culture with focus on ethical sales to clients with real needs. Coaching was important at this bank. Customer service was monitored and had an appropriate impact on performance.
Great people
Post-Closing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2018
It was a great place to work. Laid back and awesome benefits. Perks given. Manager was very easy going. Ladies were fun and friendly. I enjoyed getting up and going to work. I am going to miss them. Too bad the bank sold.
Good work enviroment
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALMarch 19, 2018
I loved working here, i would still be there had i not gotten sick and had to have surgeries. The staff was great, we all got along well and worked good together. I loved working with the customers and getting to know new people.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTMarch 19, 2018
Working at this bank is very confusing, sometimes you work a 5 hour day sometimes you work a 10 hour day, either way you only get 30 min lunch. They have these floaters holidays that are very confusing to understand. And if your day off is a Tuesday but a floater holiday lands on your weekend off you need to work on your day off,. Nothing about this bank makes sense working there. They force you to make sales and open accounts and do credit cards but when you work at stop and shop you see the same people all the time, not everyone wants a credit card. Management is very poor and non helpful, and the weekend hours are ridiculous.
It was a great starting oppertunity
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 13, 2018
I learned a lot there. Some of the upper management was great and others not so much. The benefits were really good with vision, dental, health and life insurance as well as a match in the 401K up to 3%.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the change in management style
Na
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSMarch 11, 2018
Work day great. Some days busier than others. Management great. Nicest people you will ever encounter in a bank. Handling money can be stressful but everyone works together.
Good Training Ground
Bank Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Furr's Branch (inside grocery chain)February 25, 2018
It is a good bank for anyone first entering the banking field or employment market. Happy to say a teller I had hired while under their employment is now the Bank Manager.

Good training ground.
Pros
Good training ground
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Productive work place
Trainee staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pugoda branchFebruary 22, 2018
I have had great experience whithin my internship period..really it was a great opportunity for me to my future..i really appreciate management and working background which i got from people's bank..i think that internship training period gave more value to my degree..
Pros
Free tea times and some lunch
Cons
Short breaks for my educational purposes
Lack of follow through
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 19, 2018
The lack of upper management to follow through caused an issue with the people who wanted to advance in their positions and what we could offer to the customers. I was excited to go to work there but within a year realized I was on my own with little help. Their coaching culture is more of a reason for coworkers to openly have an excuse to say things that were not helpful at all. I hope the bank improves in the future.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hard work is not appreciated
The hardest part of the job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
The hardest part of this job was getting loans approved by underwriting, given the 2014 Dodd Frank Act. There is a vast amount of problem solving required as well as real estate negotiation with purchases.
Great Environment With Great People
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 29, 2018
People's Bank was a great place to work. They have excellent management and culture. I would definitely recommend People's Bank to anyone looking within the mortgage industry.
n/a
Post Closer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 25, 2018
Very flexible with your schedule and a very family oriented work place didn't really have a schedule I enjoyed my coworkers and the friendly people...
review
Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 25, 2018
This job took me both in and out of the office. I learned so much about building subdivisions and retail centers. We initiated a new draw system and we were constantly busy.
I worked for 2 Lenders one in particular that was a great lender and did a great job at what we did. We worked very hard for several years and then the housing market took a huge downturn and we all scattered to get new jobs.
Pros
great people and place to work
Cons
forced out to to market
Different Branchs include different paces
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 22, 2018
One branch was slower and more organized. The most recent one that I worked at was constantly busy and organization of documents was horrible. Understaffing caused most of this issue. Good people to work with but we are overlooked by upper management. I enjoy the community feel and customers that are regulars but it is not always worth it when customers storm in a yell at you for nothing you personally did and it has something to do with another branch. The management style of course vary, my current management seems to be lacking and manager and assistant manager should switch roles as one does better than the other.

The last six months have been difficult because of an acquisition to become Community Banks of Colorado. This caused issues for what to expect.
good place to work
Commercial Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 20, 2018
I learned a lot while working for this bank. the people were very helpful and knowledgeable of their positions. I would recomend this company to anyone.
great job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Peoples. It's now been bought out by National Bank Holding Company, which is publicly traded. I hear good things about the merger, but it is a different environment.
Fun place to work but going through a merger
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2018
Provided a work place that focused on your job and life balance. You always wanted to do the best you can at helping others out. The hardest part of the job now is trying to stay upbeat when you know your position is being eliminated and yet continue to do the best you can each and everyday. The enjoyable part of my job was I was able to meet some great people that I could now call them my friend.
Pros
Work place that focused on life balance
Cons
Merger

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peoples Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight