PeopleScout Employee Reviews

busy team spirited competitive workplace.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2018
morning resound to emails ,voice mail,follow up calls. morning team meetings, make calls to prospects .lunch, Make 100 to 200 calls then attend to afternoon meeting. make follow up calls & emails.
Pros
onsite cafeteria, fast paced
Can be great, depending on team
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Your experience at this company will greatly vary depending on the team you are assigned to. Some teams are great, with an amazing work atmosphere. Others are riddled with mismanagement and internal bullying if you don't fit in with your peers.
Excellent
Job Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Peoplescout was an amazing company to work for. It taught us many valuable skills that made us more efficient in the world of recruiting and managing relationships with clients.
Virtual Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Flexible hours, great work-life balance, and many perks.
They offered training courses, discounted tickets, technical support, flexibility, advancement opportunities and many more.
Peoplescout is an RPO company and part of the True Blue company
Lead Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Peoplescout is a good company however I believe that considering how hard the recruiters work we should have a bonus program to help motivate employees.
Peoplescout is a growing results driven company and I am proud to be a part of their team.
Pros
Ability to work remotely, flexible work schedule, growth opportunities
Cons
Heavy metrics driven, some somewhat unnecessary, no bonus potential
PeopleScout is an Innovative, Thought-Forward and Exciting Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Seattle AreaAugust 21, 2018
I've worked at PeopleScout for over four years and it is by far my favorite employer I've worked for. I have the privilege of supporting key members of the leadership team partnering with them on their strategic initiatives, interfacing with clients, coordinating key events throughout the year and partnering with other members of the TrueBlue family. PeopleScout is innovative and strategic in their approach to ensuring growth,efficiency and client satisfaction. I love our industry and enjoy impacting our success in any way I can.
Pros
Work-life balance, good culture and excellent senior leaders
Average
Recruiter/Senior Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
It's extremely hard to get into the core group, which is where you start seeing better career opportunities and actually qualify for additional benefits.
Fun working place with great supervisors and truly beleives in work/life balance
Recruiter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
A fast paced environment, where you learn to manage multiple work task and are a part of a large team. Management is very supportive and interactive at all levels. You are able to be a part of a family that strives on providing resolutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to know and work with.
Pros
Clean enviorment, fun events and great management
Workplace is clean
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
PeopleScout is great at recruiting talent for companies. Centrally located within walking distance of shopping. there are a lot of healthy options for lunch.
Cons
Healthcare cost are high
Poor Management, Good Entry Level
Candidate Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
Managers and Sr. Recruiters were often remote and therefore it was often difficult to communicate with them effectively to determine expectations and overcome obstacles. Co-workers and management alike would form cliques, and promotion was not really an option unless you knew someone higher in the company.
Pros
entry level, cafeteria area to eat lunch
Cons
Poor communication from management, no advancement
Flexible hours
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
I learned a lot about Human Resources. I enjoyed conducting over the phone interviews & reviewing resumes. Although i learned alot here, i wish there was
more room for growth.
Meet excellent people, upper management was not the greatest
Floor Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2018
I meet the most wonderful people there. There is a lot of diversity at PeopleScout at the recruiter level, but not much at the upper management level.
Cool place to work
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working for People Scout. I love recruiting and I am very good at it. I was one of the top recruiters, a natural talent for me. If the company had not run into some business management decisions and the pay was increased, i would still like to work for them.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
The pay was not competitive.
PeopleScout is awesome
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2018
Other than not having enough work, I love PeopleScout, a great company to work for and truly flexible schedule. I fully recommend this company to anyone on the go with an active lifestyle.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough work
A great place to get a start in the human resources/recruiting fields.
Senior Human Resources/Talent Development Mgr (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2018
A great place to get a start in the human resources/recruiting fields. The pay is great for what we do, and the managers are fantastic in my office, though I hear the managers elsewhere can be difficult. There is a lot of development and potential to take special projects, which can lead to new opportunities. The downsides are a lack of upward mobility, and the benefits are somewhat lacking as well. We are a company on contract, so we don't spend a lot on our people by way of health insurance, etc.
Pros
Good work/life unless you are a recruiter
Cons
Bad insurance and not a lot of advancement.
Great company!
Program Video Interviewer (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 26, 2018
I have been working on a recruitment project for 9 months now. I work remotely which is a big bonus for me. There are no benefits but I knew that starting with the company. It is a great work-life balance for me.

I get paid a reasonable amount per hour with the expectation of working 40 hours a week. The daily hours are flexible as long as my weekly hours are met. My managers are helpful and provided adequate feedback and guidance as needed. Overall, I'm happy!

I went through 2 hurricanes in 2017 (Irma in the Florida Keys and Maria in Puerto Rico). I was stranded under extreme hardship and various employees from different locations reached out to me to see if I, or my family, needed anything. That was an amazing experience knowing that they knew what I was going through and held my position so there was one less thing to stress about.

I'm posting this review as I just saw 2 horrible reviews posted on PeopleScout. Working remotely is not for everyone and it takes a while to understand the process and what is expected of you. There are no promises during employment about benefits (time off, vacation, sick day, medical coverage). Eveyone has been straight-forward with me.

I am looking forward to continuing with this company for years to come!
Pros
remote work, caring company
Cons
no benefits
It's a paycheck...
Virtual Recruiting/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 9, 2018
PeopleScout makes A LOT of money but pays very little for the work expected. No sick days, PTO or holiday pay. No health benefits even though most employees are full-time.

A very poor management team/flex team/ RPO. Health benefits are on a look back period so if you don't work enough hours you get no benefits, and guess what, management doesn't care.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Poor Management
Recruiting Coordinator
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
I would not recommend working at Peoplescout. They are very unorganized and management lacks experience. The building is always freezing cold and there was a lot of downtime.
Pros
No pros
Cons
slow work to no work, management lacks experience, company to easily lay off without moving you to another department
Company doesn't appreciate or recognize the quailty employees
Sr Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VirtualFebruary 13, 2018
No work life balance or room for job advancement, low pay, Not appreciate for the hard work and long hours put into position, and does not recognize the high-quality recruiters they had working for them, not valued or acknowledged.
Fun Place to Work
HR Recruiter (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Because of their flexible work schedule - you are able to fit this job in between school or even a full-time work opportunity. I loved the fact that I could pretty much make my own schedule! All you had to do was show up to work on time and ready to go! And I mean literally that was it - these days we need flexibility and benefits...and they offer both!
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes they were short on projects, which cut down on our work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeopleScout. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight