Peoria Nissan Career Center Employee Reviews

Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 27, 2018
Great place to work pat was a very good manager! But emilo the service manager was not a good guy to work for yelling at you for anything walking to slow getting a drink etc.
Pros
Free water bottles and donuts on Friday
Cons
Emilo, fast working, manager emilo picking favorites etc
Poor
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 15, 2017
My experience there was not long.. My duties were to detail cars and prepare them to be put on the lot. I was given very odd hours and for the most part had to deal with bad attitudes from the salesmen there.
Pros
got to drive car\s
Cons
employee turnover
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 15, 2017
Checks were processed on time. This was a long time ago. Why is indeed making me do this. Great if you like Nissans. Too hot in June July August. Rest of year is fine weather.
Accounting
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 13, 2017
Did accounts payable and also did he warranty statements and did the paying of all the invoices, Very great place to work for and would highly recommend to many.
Pros
Christmas
Cons
drive different types of cars, clean cars
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 17, 2017
unlock all the cars in the front of the dealership and park the cars that are out of place.
the co-workers were fun and easy to work with.
it was really hard to work in the summer.
sales
Commission Vehicle Sales (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 11, 2017
this is a hard place to start however easy to get a job if you need one. you learn a tons about the car business however maybe more then you even care to know
Lot Boy
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 12, 2015
A typical day a Peoria Nissan would be doing my managers job, taking care of trading cars. Working there taught inventory, social social skills, and properly clean and maintain a car. Managers could be selfish at times and the co-workers were not all that helpful. The hardest part was keeping up with everyone else's including my own work. I enjoyed being able to interacting with people.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
Harsh business
Not what I expected
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 2, 2014
Told we were damned if we do and damned if we don't.
All employees are screamed at, at the top of their lungs as if we are in boot camp training for a military fighting defense unit.
Excessive foul language in sound proof room, where screaming takes place also.

Hours were as expected for auto sales position. Coffee and popcorn provided for customers and staff.

Hired in over amount of sales people that are not expected to stay and will quit or they do not intend to keep. Pink slip employees all the time negatively for no reason, expecting you may just decline signing, as if a game. No recognition for added performance above your expectation, when working extra time by coming in early to assist another team or staying late or assisting other teams with balloon preparation and distribution to sales floor and lot, when you come in early to take care of your own work calls or internet follow ups.

Certification standards are adequate. Some information with held as to whether they are actually completed, no assistance given to check adequacy.

Insults to ones appearance after hired, such as "we don't like women with short hair." Which at interview time I was told we voted, and we like your hair from the front and the back. Not sure what to make of that, some other women working in office and front reception have short hair, tactic to get someone to quit or sign pink slip?

Informed no one is a friend or trustworthy with the auto industry, everyone is your enemy to watch out for, may try to steal your customer, even.

I did make the calls quota and sold many cars.
Pros
Full time, payed training, yearly wages good at 45, 000, sold many cars.
Cons
Unnecessary screaming, lacked some professionalism.
company had good structure
detailer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 18, 2014
work long hours, had good laughs with good co workers.sometimes could get stressful with the work loads but got thought it. Management was fair.
No room for advancement
Automotive Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 18, 2014
Perform diagnosis and repairs on vehicles if work is available. Most co-workers are good people to work with. the hardest part of the job is having no work and when there is work it is very enjoyable diagnosing and repairing a vehicle.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many technicians and not enough work
Fast pace and fun work environment
Automotive Detailer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 12, 2014
- Typical day at work:
Communicate with management about what will be done during the shift then personally manage time to be able to accomplish that goal
- What I have learned:
Communication with management and co-workers, Time management, Working in team and individually, Customer service
-My Co-workers:
Extremely hard workers and very approachable
- Hardest part of the job:
Working outside in the Arizona heat
- Most enjoyable part of the job:
Working with many different types of personalities
Pros
Flexible hours and good learning environment
Cons
Working outside
Fast paced way of making connections with people and their emotions
New Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria,AZNovember 21, 2013
On an average day I would walk the car lot, take written and mental notes about the inventory of cars, and make phone calls to past buyers and perspective customers. I learned quite a bit about the way people make purchase, especially large ones like cars. Management was in a lot of ways impatient with new salespeople. My co-workers were basically just competition. The hardest part of the job I found to be was getting the customer to understand that I wasn't the one making the monthly payment decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I sold a car to a customer that they really wanted and that I matched them up well.
Pros
Free test drives of any and all cars on the lot.
Cons
long hours in line to take customers
Busy
Service Detailer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 23, 2013
I work alone is a detail bay. 5-9, I dont really have any co-workers. And my manager is a great guy. He always ensures I have plenty of work.