Pepperdine University Employee Reviews

Love this school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJuly 6, 2018
This school is one of the best. It is easy to balance school and work here and their mission statement is how they chose to run the school. I appreciate that they are honest and provide an environment of integrity.
Part time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 7, 2018
This office was a good place to work. The culture was relaxed and flexible to my hours and needs. Working part-time, there weren't really any benefits, but at the time I didn't need any. Good for students.
It was a wonderful time working there.
Administrative Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 29, 2018
Pepperdine Housing and Residence Life Services is such a great place to work. Great staff and great stuff, that I am sure anyone would grow and want to stay.
Pros
Enriching.
Cons
Sometimes intense
Explosively beautiful place to work.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 1, 2018
The entire experience was one of kindness, productivity and professionalism. My heart remains with this establishment and this division of it. If you are blessed to be able to work there, you are exactly that, blessed.
Beautiful campus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CA 90263April 29, 2018
Excellent place to work. Lots of opportunities for training and improving your knowledge and skills.

The culture is pretty driven though so work life balance can sometimes come second to the job. It's also impossible to live close by as real estate in Malibu is sky high.

The campus is beautiful though and the benefits are great. I had great experiences with management as well.
Love the Waves!
Professor (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 27, 2018
Dream Job! This is the best environment to work. The people, place, and geography are excellent. The environment is always constant and the water perfect for surfing.
Cons
very supportive and easy to work with staff
Public Address Announcer (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
I really enjoy working at Pepperdine. The facilities are state of the art, and the management staff within the athletics and marketing departments are top-notch.
Hectic but interesting
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
There was always something going on in the Fine Arts office which made it an engaging environment to be in. Management was clear with their expectations.
Good for a student worker
Tutor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
I worked in the library and was allowed to be very independent with my hours and responsibilities. I received no perks as a student worker but the professor who was my direct manager was very nice.
Valuable Learning Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2018
Had a chance to work alongside Faculty, Staff, and Students. This helped in learning how to work with people in different functions in a school setting.
Excellent psychology program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 13, 2018
Excellent professors, training sites, and overall staff at Pepperdine. A wonderful experience which has prepared me to become a culturally competent clinical psychologist.
Employees here are so nice
Business Analysis/Data Visualization Intern (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 12, 2018
People here are so nice. They treated me well and taught me carefully. I learned a lot!I love them so much! It is my honor to have a chance to work in Office of Business Intelligence.
Student Worker
Theatre Technician (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMarch 21, 2018
As a student worker, they were flexible with my schedule and willing to make it manageable for me. Management is great and understanding, as well as the work environment being healthy.
Environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMarch 17, 2018
Good productive environment. Manager was helpful and sought to push collaboration and work as a team on projects. She was very understanding of limited skills and was happy to teach people along the way.
Good place to work for worklife balance. few opportunities for advancement
Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2018
Pepperdine University is a great place to work in terms of work life balance. The management is generally supportive of their staff but the workplace culture does not contribute towards a feeling of community.

They are working on building a better community and have new leadership that is taking the school in a new direction.
Pros
standard business hours, good work life balance
Cons
few opportunites for advancement, difficult culture to thrive but that is changing
Diverse, friendly, fun, and empowering work environment with flexible hours
Outdoor Trip Leader (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAMarch 3, 2018
Working for Pepperdine University as a student worker in their Campus Recreation department has enhanced my knowledge and skills of working with different groups of people and collaborating and communicating effectively with co-workers. It has enhanced my organizational, planning, critical thinking, and leadership skills in having to organize, plan, advertise, and lead groups of students on a variety of outdoor excursions while having to manage different variables such as group size and diversity, individual needs/constraints, environment, task and trip difficulty variability. I loved the flexible hours and having a lot of autonomy in being able to choose and plan which trips to do which really has empowered me to develop my leadership skills. My favorite part of the job was being able to interact with and connect to different students of all different backgrounds and age groups while on in the wilderness.
Pros
enhancement of leadership, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and outdoor recreation skills.
Cons
Too flexible hours so didn't guarantee steady pay every week.
Great work life balance
Industry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAMarch 1, 2018
It is hard considering to work elsewhere when you work for a team that believes in work-life balance. The company culture is very nurturing and the campus is absolutely beautiful. The University has a great caliber of students to work with and the staff is passionate and committed to the students.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Low salary
Supportive and great
Marriage and Family Therapy trainee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Wonderful traineeship. Great supervision. Just s great team of talented staff and clinical therapist at all levels. I have had a very enriching experience.
Teachers Assistantship experience depenent on professor
Student / Teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Teachers assistantship experience is dependent on the professor one is working for. Some professors are relaxed and won't have their TA's do much whereas others pile on the work.
Meaningful work and great staff
Lausanne Program Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Working here was a unique opportunity to bond with a team of students and staff who were all working toward creating the most efficient and helpful system to send students abroad while preparing them mentally and emotionally for living in a new culture - how to be respectful, curious, and intentional about their time.
It was a myriad of opportunities and activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pepperdine University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Pepperdine University Reviews by Location