Pepperdine University Employee Reviews

A very friendly and fun place to work at.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2018
The environment at Pepperdine University, is a very welcoming and fun workplace. The management at the campus, is very friendly and also flexible with ones schedule. One of the hardest part of the job is learning all the protocols they have for each department.
Pros
There is almost free food at the University
Cons
Low pay
audacity on display
Yoga Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
Private education can provide a wonderful opportunity for those who can afford it. I found it utterly appalling that a private institution which charges six figures to educate their students has such limited resources to helping said students find jobs. In terms of the employees of Pepperdine with whom I worked with more closely because the class I taught as for the staff, I listened to everything they shared about their work/life balance and I think the entire institution is far more concerned with making money than making lives better.
Malibu
VILLA GRAZIADIO EXECUTIVE CENTER (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CASeptember 4, 2018
the school is right on the beach. the campus is the most lovely thing to behold. everything about working here was relaxing and enjoyable. I would go back if I could!
Productive place, with amazing views and location. Occasional free breakfast and lunch.
Research/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAAugust 28, 2018
A lot of time was spent in a supportive role for the department and laboratory function. Great place to learn how to focus. Many of the staff simply put their head down and did their work, but the culture was still friendly and pleasant when interacting with others. The most difficult part of the job was balancing all of the roles I played for my department. The most enjoyable part of the position was doing data work, working with animals and undergraduate research students.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Expensive area, low diversity
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
I am a research assistant at Pepperdine University, and it is a beneficial experience for me as an international student here in the United States. I recommend working at Pepperdine University in a friendly and open culture.
school setting
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
graduate school setting with opportunities for job experience through student employment. Flexible with work and school hours. Minimum wage, good resume builder
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CaliforniaJuly 20, 2018
Staff and students are very friendly and welcoming. Beautiful campus with incredible views. Plenty of on site parking. Overall a great company to work for.
The Best Place I Learned About Event Management
Manager, Special Events (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJuly 6, 2018
I received 3 or more events to produce each month. I received the best training and worked very closely with the President and other administration. I learned how to communicate and work with multiple levels of employees. It always took a team to make 1 event work. I could not have done by myself.
Love this school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJuly 6, 2018
This school is one of the best. It is easy to balance school and work here and their mission statement is how they chose to run the school. I appreciate that they are honest and provide an environment of integrity.
Part time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 7, 2018
This office was a good place to work. The culture was relaxed and flexible to my hours and needs. Working part-time, there weren't really any benefits, but at the time I didn't need any. Good for students.
It was a wonderful time working there.
Administrative Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 29, 2018
Pepperdine Housing and Residence Life Services is such a great place to work. Great staff and great stuff, that I am sure anyone would grow and want to stay.
Pros
Enriching.
Cons
Sometimes intense
Explosively beautiful place to work.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 1, 2018
The entire experience was one of kindness, productivity and professionalism. My heart remains with this establishment and this division of it. If you are blessed to be able to work there, you are exactly that, blessed.
Beautiful campus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CA 90263April 29, 2018
Excellent place to work. Lots of opportunities for training and improving your knowledge and skills.

The culture is pretty driven though so work life balance can sometimes come second to the job. It's also impossible to live close by as real estate in Malibu is sky high.

The campus is beautiful though and the benefits are great. I had great experiences with management as well.
Love the Waves!
Professor (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 27, 2018
Dream Job! This is the best environment to work. The people, place, and geography are excellent. The environment is always constant and the water perfect for surfing.
Cons
very supportive and easy to work with staff
Public Address Announcer (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
I really enjoy working at Pepperdine. The facilities are state of the art, and the management staff within the athletics and marketing departments are top-notch.
Hectic but interesting
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
There was always something going on in the Fine Arts office which made it an engaging environment to be in. Management was clear with their expectations.
Good for a student worker
Tutor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 24, 2018
I worked in the library and was allowed to be very independent with my hours and responsibilities. I received no perks as a student worker but the professor who was my direct manager was very nice.
Valuable Learning Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2018
Had a chance to work alongside Faculty, Staff, and Students. This helped in learning how to work with people in different functions in a school setting.
Excellent psychology program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 13, 2018
Excellent professors, training sites, and overall staff at Pepperdine. A wonderful experience which has prepared me to become a culturally competent clinical psychologist.
Employees here are so nice
Business Analysis/Data Visualization Intern (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAApril 12, 2018
People here are so nice. They treated me well and taught me carefully. I learned a lot!I love them so much! It is my honor to have a chance to work in Office of Business Intelligence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pepperdine University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight