PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Long hours, heavy lifting, good pay.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 17, 2018
My work at Pepsi was for a summer job. VERY long hours and hard work. The pay was good. Computer voice instructions through headphones to fill orders were less than clear. Inventory not always in same place. Warehouse too small for the amount of product, made it sometimes difficult to be efficient.
Pros
Good Pay for the area
Cons
Very Long hours
Productive and rigorous work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
The work day starts a 4 am on any given route and you will deliver to 22 to 28 stops until you are finished.Any given day can be a 12 to 14 hour day depending on the route.With assistance you can finish in about 10 hours.Hydration is the key to maintaining a strong day.
Pros
Free drinks at any given stops
Cons
Heavy traffic can push you run hours back.
Labor Intensive
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 16, 2018
Good company overall but the rules in the handbook are hand picked for certain people to follow.Good benefits and paid time off. merchandisers use personal cars
Great place to work for gaining experience and overall work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 16, 2018
Salaries in certain locations never seem to go up. That said, the work life balance is wonderful. Some departments have 50% work from home. If you can handle the random lay offs that seem happen with no rhyme or reason, it is a great place to work!
Pros
Work Life Balance, Friendly People
Cons
Pay
a typical day at work.
BEVERAGE DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 16, 2018
started early with a loaded truck and delivered drinks to several locations over an hour to the first stop. hard work. hot in summer. cold in winter..
Pros
the quicker an empty truck the faster I returned home.
Cons
detour on route to help fill drinks in a building. not part of my truck.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. I have worked here many years, and the benefits are outstanding. The company culture is changing with new leadership, and it is hard to achieve the growth goals.
A typical day at work
Finance Analyst -Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somers, NYJuly 16, 2018
Since, I only worked with the company for a year at max.in a consulting role, I don't think I have much to review but it was a step into the door for me and helped me enhance my SAP capabilities.
One of the best places to be
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
Work is great love the morning hours , you can start at 3am yo 5am and be off work by 2 or 3pm.
The people are nice and great to work with.
They need to stick with experienced management and hire within. Cause sometimes they hire people out of college and we're treated like just numbers on paper
Pros
Paid mileage, health care benifits
Cons
Lots of physical work
Not a fun place to work
Production Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 16, 2018
Not a care in the world for their employees health or personal lives. Expect to be FORCED to work overtime daily and FORCED to work weekends. So try not to have a life outside of PepsiCo.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
to many
Work life
Assit. Manager - Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍJuly 16, 2018
Every morning there was a new challenge. like, worker issue, production issue, damages in warehouses..

learned to handle the people of multiple nationalities..

Great work experience to work out of india..
Use to be a fun place to work
Territory sales Rep (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 15, 2018
Use to be a fun place to work. Over the past five years a lot has changed within the company. The company cares more about their needs and customer service levels have dropped significantly.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, incentives for sales people
Cons
No growth, management does not focus on growing their employees. They only care about their own career growth
Great place to learn marketing
Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 15, 2018
Top notch place to learn best in class marketing, however, lots of posturing and politicking amongst colleagues for career advancement with no clear path to growth and development. In addition to doing your job well, expect to also be required to lead a club or employee resource group in order to be considered for a promotion.
merchandising nothing special
Large format merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2018
start at 4am every day and work till the job is done ussually around 3pm without a lunch. day could be longer if others havent finished their work overall a dull job
Productive and fun place to work
Lead MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 14, 2018
Wonderful environment with great staff and culture. The foundation is based on honesty and hard work which will build character and motivate associates to want to achieve.
Pros
Advancement was available
Good Place to work
Process Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
At Pepsi the work is very fast paced and you have to be able to be very efficient at work. The environment is good and the challenges are great. In general Pepsi is a very company
fast pace, productive, structured trainings for management staff and hourly employees.
Supervisor/supply chain (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 13, 2018
what i enjoyed most about working for Pepsi Co Arizona was how Productive i felt, how fast pace it was, the structured training events, and how helpful networking with other plants was. i also enjoyed being part of the Campus Hire organization within PEPSI and being part of the culture and inclusion team.

during my Management training i was working 10-12 hour days executing goals for the month,quarter,and year. while working closely with my hourly employees and all the departments, warehouse,sales, delivery and HR. I also carried these duties to the Torrance location in California.

the hardest part of each job/department was starting from scratch and taking on troubled opportunities, But it was also a positive experience because it motivated me to find solutions that would help the team and the company.

Lastly, I really enjoyed the relocation experience and learning management and process skills with a corporate company. I had never lead a team before and having the experience and knowledge from managing and training made me that much wiser in the field. HR was my favorite department, dealing with employees and maintaining a trusted relationship that would help both the employee and the company brought satisfaction to my work ethic and spirit.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
work life balance ... work hours were harsh at times 13+ on salary
N/a
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 12, 2018
management required more of others than of themselves. The team aspect of the job was a lot of fun though. I learned a lot about team building while working for each other.
Competitive and friendly, but very hard work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 12, 2018
Typically would start around 0430 to arrive at first customer by 0500. Each day would have between 12 - 15 stops, typically routed until 1400 each day however it would often run much later than that. Management would be upset if you fell behind due to traffic and customer concerns. Salespersons were inattentive in their duties, often pushing their duties onto the drivers. Management was a good, but often ignored drivers concerns for their clients and vehicles. The culture was very competitive, yet friendly and when a driver fell behind, others would jump to their aid.

The Hardest part of the job was that their was no set "off" time. Hours varied wildly day to day, from 8 hours on day to 14 the next. We worked until our route was complete.
Pros
Discounts on Pepsi products
Cons
Long hours, and difficult management.
basic
warehouse loader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
pepsi was ok for the most part management makes it a difficult job to indure which makes a very high and intense turn over rate for them beyond that the pay was well but always could improve
Good work area
Forklift operator/selector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 12, 2018
Well the last time I was with them was ages ago there company I has evolved to new levels. May input would be meaningless.so I’ll just keep my comments to myself
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Less family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K

2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight