PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 6,350 reviews matching the search See all 11,209 reviews
Great job for a workaholic
Pepsi Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Pepsi. Communication from management isn't all that great, however you are left alone to do your job and go home.
Work ethics really aren't upheld with other positions from my personal experience but what other people do really weren't any of my business.
The one major complaint I have was the hours worked. You have a specific start time and you're unable to leave until work load is completed, longest days were 16-17 hours. Longest week for me capped about 70 hours. If you want the overtime, its readily available, especially during Summer. If you do not want the overtime, this job is not for you, hence my reason for leaving.

Really great benefits! I personally think for the job role, Pepsi is the most competitive with their pay.
Standard merchandising positon is Friday-Monday 3:30AM until work has been completed. 3 days a week off.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Work Load
Great benefits and room for advancement
Pre-Sell Representative, Small Format (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2019
Pepsi Beverages Company is a decent place to work. Great benefits and room to grow and advance your career if you work hard and explicitly express an interest in it. Management is generally friendly but borders on incompetent with crucial information given late with varying degrees of accuracy, with an accompanying expectation to perform as if the information was accurate and provided in a timely fashion. They do not at all encourage a healthy work/life balance, with an expectation to work 45-50 hours even if the work can be completed well within 40.
Otherwise a decent place to work with good benefits and pay.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
management, work/life balance
Long hours and bad management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  DenverJanuary 14, 2019
Day starts at 3:30 AM and depending on the day you will be working 10 - 15 hours, covering anywhere from 3 - 5 stores by yourself. Expect to work through 6 - 15 pallets of soda each day, including pulling pallets, stocking, and condensing them to fit in the small amount of space each store delegates for Pepsi. The only break you will get during the day is in your car, riding to the next store you service.

Management is non-responsive, unorganized, and employees are treated as numbers. Paychecks are consistently incorrect regarding mileage reimbursement and work life balance is non existent with the morale being the lowest I have ever seen at a workplace. Do yourself a favor and pass on working here.
Pros
Decent benefits, decent pay
Cons
Management, work life/balance
Excellent
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 12, 2018
PepsiCo is all about Performance with Purpose. One of the highest companies to embrace Diversity and Inclusion.
Has solid Performance and People targets set, employees have a Personal Development goal or a plan to accomplish set objections and are given annual merit based on performance.

PepsiCo believes in work life balance, the most enjoyable part is meeting and working with synergy of different sites/departments.
Management has a rigid structure and the company has gone thru many changes for the g0od. Acquisitions and joint ventures has made the company profitable with a good double digit growth overall.

I would have continued to work and retired with PepsiCo if it was not for all the lay offs which impacted many tenure employees.
Overall I would highly rate the company.
Pros
People company, good benefits
Cons
Too many Org Changes as dictated by Wall Street to boost stock high
Excellent Company to work for!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 23, 2018
Overall, the company is pretty good to work for. One the day of orientation, you'll have insurance which is a huge plus! The starting pay was $16.10 when I started, but we received a raise which bumped us up to $16.60/hr. Overtime during the summer is pretty good. But, when the season ends, the hours will decrease. I'd advise you to be persistent when asking for hours. Learn about all of the machines so they can put you anywhere when needed. The work shifts are 12 hours, which can be a lot at first, but you'll get use to it. You'll be on your feet most of the day. Lastly, management communicates pretty well and they're honest.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Low hours during down season (Sept/Oct - Jan/Feb)
TA Department is not set up to help with advancement
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
In the beginning things seemed great. They talk about career possibilities but no matter how hard you come in and work there is no focus on truly advancing qualified people (unless they are your friends).

I saw numerous talented people get passed over for contract to full-time conversions and promotions all because the manager liked a certain "type" of people....and that type had nothing to do with talent or what was brought to the job.

Work life balance was horrible. You were expected to take your laptop home every day and answer emails on nights and weekends. And even when you did this it was not recognized.
Pros
Good company outside of the department with good benefits.
Cons
No work life balance. You may get stuck
Suprised a company this big runs this way
Relief driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2018
I honestly tried to prepare myself for the relief driver position but It was way worse than I expected. There is no structure. I guess the employees train you coming in as a new driver, which is crazy because everyone shows you different ways, some right some wrong. The pay structure is insane. Its better to stay in training your whole career at least that way those 12- 14 hour days wouldn't be so bad. Its rough. I have never done one of these reviews ever! But I had to for this place because It's pepsi!! I only lasted a week and that is sad. You can really hurt yourself because everything is so fast paced and heavy. But when you are getting paid 18cents a case you cant take your time and be safe because you will be there all day literally 14-16 hours
Pros
Benefits if you survive
Cons
Hours, safety, communication, training, pay
A great place to work for with lots of fun action
Production Operator & Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2018
yes, productive and a very fun workplace with good people to know and work with. No ping pong table..but a table of rules and regulations to follow by.
The work at this company was at times stressful and hard like at any other workplace..it was good times and bad times but at both times it paid very well..with good benefits such as health care other then that its good company to work for. I loved working for this company I disliked the way I was mistreated by certain management but overall I enjoy my job working at Pepsico.
Pros
Free drinks right off the production line straight to the lunch room frige
Cons
Not enogh time to leave property for lunch
Stay away!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SikestonOctober 9, 2018
Most days you will have up to 40 stops depending on your route and you have to use your own vehicle as a Sales Rep. The reimbursement for gas was so low that it was ridiculous and sometimes you wouldn't get it because they said they "forgot". Plus you have to deal with rude customers at each stop and then put up with the managers bullcrap. As a Sales rep, you're doing two or three other people's jobs. Very high turnover rate, pay and benefits aren't that good either. Management sucks, the coworkers were all miserable and the company is horrible. Doesn't seem like a real company to me. No room for advancement at all. I advise you to never work here. EVER.
Cons
Very phisically and time demanding job
Bulk Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Kimball, MIDecember 20, 2018
Would only recommend working here if there are few obligations outside of work. Pay and benefits are great, but work/life balance is nonexistent. Expect to work every holiday and almost every weekend. Job is very physically demanding and staffing is always short, so expect to work an excessive amount of overtime. Be prepared to lift and merchandise 500-1000 cases per day. While mileage is reimbursed for certain positions, be prepared to put a lot of miles on your vehicle.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of work/life balance, Physically demanding
The hardest part of the job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 17, 2018
Dealing with co-workers and management lack of work. Really Pepsi-Co is the ideal job but management is stuck of this salary and hourly platform. What you make should dictate how you treat people but it is fact. Having a company with lazy veterans is an bummer. Just be all you can be all the time. Work is always easy when doing it together. Meaning day and night shift should be continuous work and not just for inspections.
Pros
breaks where excellent
Cons
point working system is out dated and bad for work performance, managers want lead way to manage the daily work, Your 1 min late 1 point deduction, 10 points terminated
Pepsi Bottling Company
Class A CDL Delivery Driver/Relief (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 20, 2018
I began working at Pepsi Co at a West Texas branch. They were willing to train me until I could take the driving test to acquire my Class A CDL. After a year I transferred back to my home town, and worked another 2 years at an East Texas branch. There was little room for advancement. With such a small location the chances to advance to a supervisory position was rare, and raises were steadily declining, as were work hours. I was offered a higher paying position with a larger beverage company, which is what nudged me to switch company's.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Inconsistent work hours/no set schedule
Back Breaking Job
Delivery Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MADecember 20, 2018
You are paid well but you feel like i have earned every single penny. You can start your day anywhere from 430-630 am, coming in more early means you beat traffic but its up to you. Overtime is never a problem, you could sit in the office and gain hours after you where done with your day, all they cared about is that you finished your route and all the deliveries where made correctly. You get paid hourly if you aren't doing a route all 5 days of the week and are sent out in a van to help others for example. You get paid salary+ commision if you ran a route all 5 days of the week. Very tought job. Until you get a route, you will be a spare driver where you will cover other guys who have called out for example.
Pros
Free water, Iphone 7, Uniform
Cons
No heat in trucks
Progressive Work Environment
Senior Manager - Risk & Controls Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 28, 2018
Overall great experience. However, dont expect much work life balance. There used to be something called one simple thing which was something an employee would discuss and agree with management to help with work life balance. But it is expected that you work long hours and after hours. Compensation and benefits were great and bonuses were good for management.
Pros
Pay, Bonus, Pto, Work from home for some
Cons
Long Hours, After Hours, 24 x 7 job
Advancement opportunities abound - if you leave the company and return at a later date.
Desktop Service Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 31, 2018
Long hours and very busy schedules. Associates typically wear multiple hats, as headcounts have been reduced. Associates are expected to perform at high levels.

Compensation is nominal compared to other companies.

Stress is the theme and an alarming turnover rate has been the result.

This still can be an awesome place to work and have a career, but many changes have to be implemented.

IT Managers don't move around and aren't promoted, so there are few opportunities for advancement. So many positions are outsourced and off-shored. Specialized IT roles are available, but the preference is to recruit external candidates.
Pros
Excellent Name to have on your resume
Cons
No work / life balance. Advancement opportunities for IT very limited
Very tedious job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort worth, txSeptember 23, 2018
I worked here for 3 months along with 15 other new people, and before I left the company, 13 other people had already quit. This job is very demanding. Management expects you to stock and merchandise many of the stores you service. This is time consuming and tiring because you have to be fast and courteous to many customers who take your job for granted. I was a very good worker and I still got treated like a has-been by some customers and managers when I was there. But all I needed was time to find another job, because I knew my first week that I wasn't going to stay there. In the end, I proved my point.
Pros
Its a job, good benefits, some good people
Cons
Management don't understand
Fun place to work with strong positive company culture
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 29, 2018
PepsiCo provides employees a great supportive culture where questions are welcomed and achievements recognized. A typical day involves completing low and medium level tasks while discussing ways to improve processes and create initiatives. Management is accessible and helpful. Opportunities to learn and grow are frequent, but it is up to you to make the first steps in finding them.
Pros
Company Culture, Opportunity to grow and advance
Cons
Salary and long hours
Pepsico District Sales Manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2019
The typical work week included 18 hour workdays packed into 14 hour days at the cutoff time. Many employees worked "off the clock to cover other employees work or their own because it was too much to finish in 14 hours. Managers were always doing hourly and warehouse jobs because employees didn't show up because they were often sick or injured. , 70- 80 hour hour weeks, workday start between 1-3am. machismo culture. unhappy employees, high turnover.
Pros
inexpensive medical benefits
Cons
life balance, workload
Great benefits! Close to zero chance of Promotion with no degree.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2018
Great company for benefits and pay. Trying to advance from within is extremely hard and can take multiple years compared to campus hires. I seen a District Manager of 20 years loose a position to a campus hire of 2 years. To many leadership changes. Average hours company wants per week are 52-55 for my position. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the change in leadership. It is also very hands on and physically exhausting at times. Leadership can tell you one thing then change there decision the next week. I like that I get to see the inner workings of many large businesses. Incentives are great and attainable! Many sales are pre-sold and your pay is pretty consistent with what your told it will be.
Pros
Benefits, pay and customers!
Cons
No degree- no promotion.
No training
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  UrbandaleOctober 1, 2018
My experience was a sink or swim job. They give you little training. There is no training coordinators or anything. You may get stuck with somebody who hates training. My supervisors didn't seem to care if you sink or swim. They just want bodies in there and will straight up tell you it's survival of the fittest in there. They expect way too much from people. Their union is a joke. Their union does not care about new hires at all. They will pretend you don't exist and let you fail. No exaggeration at all.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Fast paced, over worked, lack of training, poor management, poor union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K
43.4K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight