PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 6,134 reviews matching the search See all 10,868 reviews
Good Place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kanss City KanssasNovember 13, 2018
PepsiCo/Frito Lay is a good place to work. It offers excellent benefits and you can move up in the company if you are willing to relocate to the corporate office.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Free meals with all meetings
Cons
no work life balance
great job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
great job if your a self motivated person. lazy people will not last, if your a hard worker you can make a life with Pepsi and if you one of the employees the come to work and don't get involved with the stupid you can advance your career here.
Pros
weekends off and good pay
Cons
I learned to solve my own problems sooooo none.
Excellent
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 12, 2018
PepsiCo is all about Performance with Purpose. One of the highest companies to embrace Diversity and Inclusion.
Has solid Performance and People targets set, employees have a Personal Development goal or a plan to accomplish set objections and are given annual merit based on performance.

PepsiCo believes in work life balance, the most enjoyable part is meeting and working with synergy of different sites/departments.
Management has a rigid structure and the company has gone thru many changes for the g0od. Acquisitions and joint ventures has made the company profitable with a good double digit growth overall.

I would have continued to work and retired with PepsiCo if it was not for all the lay offs which impacted many tenure employees.
Overall I would highly rate the company.
Pros
People company, good benefits
Cons
Too many Org Changes as dictated by Wall Street to boost stock high
Not a loyal company
LARGE FORMAT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 12, 2018
Will restructure every few years and only care about seniority, not merit. Long hours and blackout periods for vacation. Mandatory 6 day weeks common.
satisfactory
P&D Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 12, 2018
If your looking to do the same kind of work everyday in a relaxed environment with many meetings, events, and free lunches this is your place. However if your looking to gain new skills, grow your career, and be productive this is not your place.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
employees are too relaxed
Long distance
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2018
Pepsi has alot of work during the day and is a constant working enivornment. i enjoyed working there it was just to work to go back and forth every day.
Great people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Marysville, KSNovember 11, 2018
The people you work with are great and easy to get along with. The benefits are nice and easy to get. Do not have sick day but have to use vacation days as your sick days. Only get 6 sick days after a year. The pay doesn’t help that much but it is a great work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Doesn’t pay the greatest
Great Company
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2018
Al in all, PepsiCo is a great place to work. Depending on the management team and your location of choice, one would have a great time working for the company.
People make the place, not the product
Maintenance & Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2018
Overall, Pepsi was was an interesting experience. I joined Pepsi right after graduation and like most fresh graduates, I wasn't sure what to expect. It took me a few months to adjust to the culture of the company. Pepsi is a fast paced work environment and they truly believe in the idea of rewarding employees based on results with little politics involved. How those results were achieved, well that's where it gets a little grey. In multiple situations, I found myself questioning whether to do the right thing or to do something that would get me promoted. It's a warning sign when those two options don't often match. The management culture at the site I worked at was the opposite of what fosters a productive work environment. Confrontations and shortcuts were viewed as aggressive and "go-getter" while logic and calculated moves were not recognized. I would like to think this was an anomaly and can't represent Pepsi as a whole, you don't get to be a fortune 50 company with this type of culture plagued throughout the organization.
Fast paced and stressful workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 10, 2018
Overall Pepsi was a decent place to work at. The management where I was located wasn't very good. Their training process was a joke, it was a "learn on the go" type of enviroment. You would work with the lead for a couple of days and once they felt you were comfortable you were left on your own. The type of work varied by the order you recevied some were very easy but at the same time some were rather difficult for a new person.

A typical day at work consisted of clocking in and going back to the warehouse office to setup your personal headset and getting things ready for the nightly shift. They didn't tell us the case count for the night it was always kept secret from most of the employees. It all depended on who you were and how close you were to the supervisor. There was no set end time for the shift and we worked until we were done, some nights we could be out in eight hours, some we would be there for ten plus hours, depending on the orders for the next day.

The environment in the work place largely depended on the employees there, most of which didn't want to work and someone else always had to pick up the slack made by other employees.

The hardest part of the job was the physical and mental tolls created by the work itself. Learning to the deal with the employees that weren't trained correctly or enough to do the job efficiently. There were many variables to consider that made the job hard. There was definitely a 'buddy" system at the facility that I worked at, most people were treated differently by the supervisor and the lead employee.

The best parts
  more... of the job were the physical demands of the job, it's mostly faced paced and kept people in good physical shape for the most part, some nights there was a lot of camaraderie and it made the night enjoyable.  less
Pros
competitive pay, Pto, fair breaks/lunch time
Cons
healthcare, work environment, management
Life with pepsi
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
I loved working for pepsi, but if career advancement is important to you this isn't the company to work for. The management is great and hr is excellent if you have any family issues
Pros
Good money
Cons
No time for personal life
PepsiCo IT is terrible
Senior Manager, Global Resiliency (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 9, 2018
Poor leadership and lack of direction are the cornerstones at PepsiCo. Many good people left the company due to issues as such. I would steer clear from applying at PepsiCO
Pros
Non
Cons
Name it
inbound loading and unloading
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
My experience with the PepsiCo brand were very professional. I learn it was a way to represent yourself at work. How to be productive with your time. Making decisive decisions in a repeated fast pace.
Pros
work good receive great benfits, off days were awesome, 1hr lunchbreak, discount on drinks
Cons
supervision training could be poor, work environment could be negative
Scanner Operator/Data Entry/Document Prep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxNovember 8, 2018
It was a very productive and fun to work for the same Manager/Lead. The pay was not very good because of my experience and multi tasked but for the most part I had a job for the past 14 years.
Cons
Breaks were good.
Pepsico is a leader in the world for snacks and beverages which offers an abundance of opportunites
SENIOR SALES COORDINATOR LEAD DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
PepsiCo is a company that offers employment to all types of people. Everyone is welcome to work at PepsiCo, and each employee has an opportunity to be successful.
Pros
Experinced gain by working with all differernt aspects of business and types of people.
Cons
Corporate structure can be disruptive to the front line employees
Independent fast pace enviroment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2018
I am a merchandiser and I would go to different stores and work orders and stock shelves with pepsi products from the back room or the order that came in that day.
Great place to learn.
TMOD Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 8, 2018
PepsiCo is what you make out of it. With good leadership, working there is great, bad leadership and it can be unbearable. One thing you can count on is change. If you happen to get one of those managers, best to keep an active network, current skills and look for an opportunity to move to new role.
my thoughts
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
Good place to work but , structure of plant needs change . Need better supervision with knowledge of company . People are great almost like family . Lack of knowledge in all fields to many college recruits. Interaction with coworkers made job tolerable an okay to be at .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
peoples lack of knowledge
Excellent company to work for!
Sales/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 7, 2018
My time at the Montrose Pepsico location was very rewarding. Its a very fast paced job but you are constantly learning new skill sets to improve your performance. You are essentially your own boss, you have a certain number of stores per day to Merchandise. The Upper Management is very knowledgeable and helpful with any situation you might not understand to help you achieve your goals.
Pros
Great Benefits and you get to travel to different cities in your area.
Cons
Cant think of any.
great pay
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 7, 2018
typical warehouse job with waves of employees. little no to no margin for error. not enough breaks for extended work hours. crabs in a barrel type of job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PepsiCo.

Powered by Comparably