Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

Contract based jobs
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 7, 2018
So jobs your work are based off of a contract through Per Mar which means you can work different jobs at different places, which is always fun because you don't get sick of working the same place. The only problem with that is sometimes you're working long hours and might be at the same contract for most of your shifts. Also you don't get holiday pay and less you work the holiday. But don't take this job lightly it is fun and relaxing most of the time, but it's not like in the movies.
Pros
Diffrent job sites
Cons
No pay raises and high turn over
Poor management
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2018
I will never recommend this company to anyone, management thinks that it's okay to cuss at the employees who have to call in because of a emergency, or those who are quitting. They want to switch up the schedule every other other week so you can never plan for anything. Last minute calling to be on duty and never any advancement.
Cons
Over worked, under paid and terrible managment
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOSeptember 22, 2018
The fact that I have been in this industry for nearly two decades and am highly qualified means nothing to this sad excuse for a security company. The management is practically non existent if you do hear from them it's always last minute scheduling and or complaints. They can't keep sites properly staffed and hire completely incompetent individuals for supervisory positions. Good officers are lost due to not weeding out the bad ones. No chance of advancement.
Would not recommend
Sergeant/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 20, 2018
You end up being over worked and under paid. The turn over rate is terrible and you’re expected to work a bunch of overtime, sometimes even forced. Good luck getting your vacation time. Management is less than desirable and benefits are even worse. The training is atrocious and then you get reprimanded for not knowing the job. Nepotism runs rampant as well and lots of back stabbing and office politics. This job was soul sucking. For a job that is supposed to be easy it causes a lot of undue stress.
Pros
Good for right out of school
Cons
Benefits, hours
A great place to work!
Office (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesMay 23, 2018
This has been the best job I have ever had. Management listens and values the feedback of their employees. There is room for advancement and you are given the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge in order to grow in your career. Working here feels like you are apart of the family. I would definitely recommend this company to other people.
Pros
Room for advancement, competitive wages, benefits, work-life balance
Great location Terrible management communication
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 8, 2018
So i am in a location in downtown and i love my location everyone is really nice and when you get to know the right people here they will have your back especially management here in the building i am at. The bad part about this company is lack communication between Aro drivers and flex officer and Management they don't talk with each other until they realize something is wrong. Second thing is they don't give out raises and don't realize the amount of work you have to do in that post they think it is easy and don't want to pay you more even though you do extra from what your job description should be is never that way you are always doing extra without the correct amount you should be pay. No matter what good thing you do in your site and how much the building employees brag about you the company only see's what you did wrong they are never around to see how you doing and what you actually do so they can't say we don't do nothing. But otherwise i love working in my location just terrible communication with management.
Pros
Love the location i am
Cons
Bad communication with management and terrible pay.
A Job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 24, 2018
It's a very basic job. You're wearing a uniform though. You get paid by the hour. With this job, get prepared to deal with people who will vex you over your uniform you will be wearing.
Pros
Job security, Management
Cons
Only graveyard shifts.
They will lie to you
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 3, 2019
I accepted the job as monday through friday at 12.50 and hour. I get another call said its 12.50 right the girl said no its 11 it will be 12 with the new contract i brush it off get to orientation and its not even monday through friday because premier care us open 6 hours on the weekend and if i wanted full time i have to work 7 days a week waking up at 3 am to get there at 4:45. I decide to split it with the guys whos been working it and never left my last my job. The job is terrible the workers at the clinic will give you dirty looks, talk down to you, leave you outside in the cold to them you are in the way. You will be standing in the waiting room for 8 hours and all your suppose to do is in force rules and say hi which is nearly impossible not to talk to them because the most basic interactions youd expect from people you work with you wont get. If they offer you premier care run dont do it if you want to give the company a shot work any other contract it is not worth it.
Cons
lieng, unfriendly staff, awfull hours, bad management
the customer is great / no interaction with Operations Manager
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILNovember 10, 2018
Rarely is there any interaction with the Operations Manager, when uniforms are ordered they are never obtained. the only training is at the job site by the customer.
The site officers are great people and work to resolve issues with scheduling and are willing to take on responsibilities assigned to them by management of the customer.
There have been multiple foul ups with payroll and needless times to correct the errors usually taking weeks to resolve by the Operations Manager. This difficult for the site officers to deal with and slow for the Security office to pay attention to!
Pros
customer is very easy to work with.
Cons
no lunch breaks must work through the 8 to 12 hour shifts
Perfect entry job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 10, 2018
If someone wants a consistent paycheck I'd go with them. My branch manager is really nice; everythings laid back; and my co-workers are good people. You can pretty much get days off upon request as long as its done good enough in advance. Instant benifits are provided by per mar which includes dental, vision, and health care. You dont have to wait for benifits either they're provided upon hire. Job is relaxed, very flexible, and free. I really like my job out of the quincy branch. However your pay is based on your contract. Days off are consistant and generally back to back giving me plenty of free time. Love my boss, and management. However dispatch can be a little hectic sometimes.
Pros
Lots of free time while on the job depending on circumstances
okay
security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 9, 2019
I like that they hire quickly but that's it.No career advancement and if you work hard no one will notice same if you don't work hard.Also it is very hard to get fired.
Need to know lots of different systems
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 22, 2018
There are many different systems with lots of variables within each system that you need to know or be able to learn. There is some training but most of the time you will need to learn it on the go as there isn't the time to train everyone on every nuance of every system. New hires most likely will start in the installation department were you can get up to speed on current systems. If you move over to the service department, you will have to keep up with the new equipment and be able to fix older equipment also.
Pros
Benefits, company vehicle
Cons
Being on-call
It's okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 4, 2018
No raises. Pay is not competitive. No room for advancement. Paid vacation time. Rarely any overtime. Understaffed. High turnover rate.Typical security company.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
No raises
Always a new site to guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 15, 2018
For the first couple of years I rarely guarded the same site twice in a row. Concerts, conventions, construction sites, power plants, factories, anywhere they needed me. The next two years they posted me at long-term but temporary sites, mostly construction sites. The last two years I was at a factory where the workers had gone on strike. Twelve hours a day, seven days a week, for most of the first year on that site, then twelve hours a day for five days. Luckily I had no family or social life.
Pros
Free lunches, good paychecks
Cons
Long, long hours
Good place to work, horrible pay
Security, Site Supervisor, Thrivent Financial (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 26, 2018
Great place to work, easy security work, pay was horrible in the Green Bay area. Management at the time I worked there was good, they were very helpful and let me do my job with little to no micromanagement! My only complaint was the pay being too low at the time and I needed to earn more!
Pros
Easy security work depending on the site.
Cons
Very low pay
Hours
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Croix Falls, WIJuly 11, 2018
The lack of caring within the company is a burden, the expectations of long hours with no regard to the family of the officers. There is no chance of advancement inside the company they look outside for management.
Exceeded My Expectations
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wausau WIAugust 15, 2018
I stated out only needing a job to get me from paycheck to paycheck. What I ended up doing was learning so much more and building a great resume on top of it. The job itself is a great way to gain experience and lasting connections. They offer on the job training, so the opportunities are endless if you are willing to learn! Management does whatever they can to work with my needs and ensure that I am able to do my job as efficiently as possible. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a future in law enforcement.
Pros
Experiance, On The Job Training, No Uniform Fees, Great Communication, Steady Employment
Cons
Can be boring from time to time
Good Entry Level Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2018
I worked there for almost two years and enjoyed it. In retrospect, it's a little slower paced for a security job depending on which site(s) you're assigned so it's a great introduction into the field. I made a lot in overtime and the management was very personal and responsive when I was there. Good company to work for.
Pros
Management, Diversity
Cons
Can be slow
Having a good supervisor made this one of my favorite jobs. Unfortunately the pay isn't the best.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Algona, IASeptember 12, 2018
The job was great. If the compensation had been better, I may have stayed. Providing security for different customers with different needs. My tasks included perimeter checks, closed security camera monitoring, regulating the boiler temperature, signing and taking possession of deliveries during non working hours. Log book entries. Answering calls and transferring them to other departments. Even snow removal when it was required for safety purposes.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Compensation.
Stressful
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 9, 2018
Descent pay and all the hours you want then you will get them.
There scheduling is a nightmare.
Always overlapping and always someone quitting or just not showing up.
No one is ever on time
Pros
Decent pay and all the hours you want
Cons
Stressful, no breaks or lunch and nobody shows up on time no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Per Mar Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight