Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

Exceeded My Expectations
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wausau WIAugust 15, 2018
I stated out only needing a job to get me from paycheck to paycheck. What I ended up doing was learning so much more and building a great resume on top of it. The job itself is a great way to gain experience and lasting connections. They offer on the job training, so the opportunities are endless if you are willing to learn! Management does whatever they can to work with my needs and ensure that I am able to do my job as efficiently as possible. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a future in law enforcement.
Pros
Experiance, On The Job Training, No Uniform Fees, Great Communication, Steady Employment
Cons
Can be boring from time to time
Hmmmmmm nope
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 29, 2018
I worked there years ago and the person that trained me always drank on the job or right before. We had meetings and everyone drank it was a joke.i kept getting bounced around to different places and different shifts . Never again unless they restructure there mangers i tried to get promoted but only got my head bit off. STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
I like that kind of work
Cons
Everything else
Do Not Work Here
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJune 16, 2018
I worked for Per Mar for exactly one year. I liked that the job was laid back, but when I hired on I was told I would not be working weekends. Which was what I wanted. The day I quit was because they told me I would have to work a Saturday to fill in for someone else or I would be fired. On top of them trying to write me up for yelling at another employee. That Saturday just so happen to be my Sisters wedding! I was not going to miss that! I had planned that day off for months. So yea, I quit without notice. They wrote me up once because I supposedly left 4 hours before my shift was over. This was another lie. I never left the say in question. I stayed while having the flu, snowed in, for 16 hours. They claim I was supposed to work a 20 hour shift because of the snow. I was not scheduled nor did anyone tell me I had to stay for 20 hours with 24 hours notice. In the state of Tennessee an employer has to give 24 hours notice about a change in the schedule unless that employee is on call, which I was not! That place was poorly managed, but I liked the other guards I worked with.
Cons
Low class security company - only looking for a quick buck
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2018
It does not matter what you are hired for, it will change. The management team does not know what is going on or how to fix issues. All they know how to do is lie to customers, employees, and the state. Most of the time, they "forget" requirements of the company and state. No leadership, ownership, or management. GOOD LUCK
Pros
They hire ANYONE
Cons
Only looking out for the bottom line.
Perfect entry job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 10, 2018
If someone wants a consistent paycheck I'd go with them. My branch manager is really nice; everythings laid back; and my co-workers are good people. You can pretty much get days off upon request as long as its done good enough in advance. Instant benifits are provided by per mar which includes dental, vision, and health care. You dont have to wait for benifits either they're provided upon hire. Job is relaxed, very flexible, and free. I really like my job out of the quincy branch. However your pay is based on your contract. Days off are consistant and generally back to back giving me plenty of free time. Love my boss, and management. However dispatch can be a little hectic sometimes.
Pros
Lots of free time while on the job depending on circumstances
Abort mission
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 7, 2018
The management is so unprofessional , coworkers are creeps and it’s boring. No breaks and long walks in any weather. Don’t even mention your kids to them because they don’t give a flying duck if they have the flu or any of that. They discuss personal things with your coworkers & speak badly upon you when you’re not around
A great place to work!
Office (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesMay 23, 2018
This has been the best job I have ever had. Management listens and values the feedback of their employees. There is room for advancement and you are given the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge in order to grow in your career. Working here feels like you are apart of the family. I would definitely recommend this company to other people.
Pros
Room for advancement, competitive wages, benefits, work-life balance
Poor management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 8, 2018
They lie about hours and what they do I was told full time I worked a whole month then the job ended so it was part time and they said the would put me in another job right away and now I am going on 2 months with no work and the main offices lied as well the whole place is one big lie and poor management and they don't care about their employees.
Pros
Can use the rest room when you need to and 2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
Every thing else
Bad company
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2018
Company is a bunch of bs. They are under a lawsuit now for not paying employees proper wages. I worked non stop from the day they hired me picked up shifts and all and they didn’t pay me properly
Pros
Cons
Everything messed up
Easy job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 2, 2018
This is a nice easy job and you get paid decent money. Really willing to work with your needs. The mangers are really nice and friendly. Also great place to work while in college.

Want to know more about Per Mar Security Services?

Ask a question
absolutely the worst people in charge
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2018
Whoever is making the management choices has terrible decision making skills. This company forgot what makes any company great: the people .The leaders are bully's.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Officer
Officer (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOFebruary 23, 2018
The job started off great, then management allowed the client to give us more and more non-security related duties. Until we became known as "the shipping office" instead of security. This isn't ideal but would have been alright if we where paid as much as the employees of th he client who where in shipping. No we where paid less. As security officers. The pay is below national average, there where no benifiets, and if you took a day off management harrased you over it.
Management did not listen to complaints and told officers to "quit if they didn't like it." I would not recommend working for any security contractor, especially not this one.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad management, uncaring management, sometimes untrained employees.
Shady Business Practice
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2018
#1 Pays 7.25 for orientation

#2 Pays 8 for training

#3 10 per hour base pay

Problem: Was not told anything but the base pay, per gas expenses I lost money.

Was yelled at and refused a written statement saying they received my work attire back when quitting.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management, and weird co-workers who have a touching problem to other officers.
great family company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2018
Good experence working at Per Mar. Good managers and nice place to work. Average pay with benifits. Free uniforms and paid training. Overtime avalible when I wanted to work. I think it is a good comapy to work for.
Wrost company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2017
Poor management, alot of turnover, low pay, no job security, the office managers don't take things seriously, general manager is an idiot who don't know what he's doing, and making promises they cannot keep. Close down the company if you don't know how to behave to your employees.
Pros
No positive point. everything is worst here.
Cons
Worst company to work for as site supervisor you are considered as a animal rather than a human.
Worst Place Ever
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 19, 2017
Lied about pay. 11/hr promised? No, they'll give you LESS. Lied about hours, told me 11-7, nope! Sometimes told to come in at 5pm or 9pm and ALWAYS UNTIL 8AM. During training, my second trainer, was a total creep. Kept telling me to go ahead and sleep in the car with him. Um, what? Excuse me? Kept talking about his plans to get a girlfriend and showed me his dating profile a bunch. Thanks, dude. Not interested though. The work load was fine and dandy but the people there are liars and COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL. I quit ASAP when I noticed things were bad...and it was within days. Do not in under any circumstance give this company your time or money. Knowing what I do now about them, I would never hire them for any services. My first trainer was slightly better, but kept on saying how much lies they deal out to their employees. I would give them no stars if I could.
Pros
Lots of free time to make personal phone calls during work hours
Standard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIOctober 12, 2017
Very standard security company. Can require some long hours, but it is relative pretty easy line of work. You always have to remain on your toes, since the position requires it but I highly recommend giving it a try.
Good College job.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2017
Not much pay, but great free time. If you can go to school and work, it's a perfect job. If not, you're going to be stuck there awhile, making the same amount.
Unethical, greedy, desperate for employees.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  WISeptember 8, 2017
Management at it's worst, from top on down. No communication, employees are just a number. They will say and do anything to cover themselves. Lying, cheating company.
Pros
Cons
All.
Not great but will do for an easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOSeptember 7, 2017
If you are looking for just a job or something easy I would recommend Per Mar. I only worked there about 3 months before deciding to quit. Every night was slow and boring. I hated securing the factory I was placed in because it felt like a joke. it was a job I'll give it that though. It did not pay a lot but it was money.
Pros
Slow paced, before hand training videos, etc.
Cons
Too boring, low pay, hot workplace, a lot of walking, people take you as a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Per Mar Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8