Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
security job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 1, 2018
for the most part i felt per mar was a good company i left only because i was on medical leave and when i was ready to come back it was difficult i waited several weeks and to no avail i made the decision to look else where.
Pros
steady work
Cons
changes of mgt often
Been happy so far
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pioneer, OHJuly 31, 2018
I've enjoyed being employed so far. I'm new so it's rather difficult to express much of an opinion yet. Everyone has been fair and nice to work with. I really haven't had any conflicts.
Pros
Quiet times
Perfect for someone that doesn’t respect themselves
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 18, 2018
If you don’t respect yourself then who will? Apparently that’s Per Mar’s motto, based on the lack of respect and loyalty they have toward their officers. I have friends who work at McDonald’s and Walmart making more than a licensed Security Officer. The communication between superiors and officers is atrocious. Also, the uniform I received when I started was used and had a ripped belt loop, and the shirt had moth balls with the collar obviously looking stained from neck sweat.
Pros
You won’t be unemployed
Cons
Workplace harassment, unhelpful management
Laid back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 13, 2018
I was stationed at the Figge Art Museum as a 2nd shift guard. After a year I was assigned as a team lead on Thursdays and weekends during off shift hours. Was pretty laid back and I loved the actual job. You had a few stressful days a year that made up for all the slow days however the pay just wasn't enough.
Would not recommend
Sergeant/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 20, 2018
You end up being over worked and under paid. The turn over rate is terrible and you’re expected to work a bunch of overtime, sometimes even forced. Good luck getting your vacation time. Management is less than desirable and benefits are even worse. The training is atrocious and then you get reprimanded for not knowing the job. Nepotism runs rampant as well and lots of back stabbing and office politics. This job was soul sucking. For a job that is supposed to be easy it causes a lot of undue stress.
Pros
Good for right out of school
Cons
Benefits, hours
doesn't pay well
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INJune 18, 2018
Refuse to provide raises, except to a few "special" employees. Take rumor-has-it say so, rather than the word of an employee. Never any good word, like how well one complies with rules, uniform wearing and likes to have employees tell on each other. What a joke!
Great location Terrible management communication
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 8, 2018
So i am in a location in downtown and i love my location everyone is really nice and when you get to know the right people here they will have your back especially management here in the building i am at. The bad part about this company is lack communication between Aro drivers and flex officer and Management they don't talk with each other until they realize something is wrong. Second thing is they don't give out raises and don't realize the amount of work you have to do in that post they think it is easy and don't want to pay you more even though you do extra from what your job description should be is never that way you are always doing extra without the correct amount you should be pay. No matter what good thing you do in your site and how much the building employees brag about you the company only see's what you did wrong they are never around to see how you doing and what you actually do so they can't say we don't do nothing. But otherwise i love working in my location just terrible communication with management.
Pros
Love the location i am
Cons
Bad communication with management and terrible pay.
I think over all it was an educational exprieence.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for Per Mar When i worked at IU Goshen Hospital as a security officer and as a supervisor. I learned a lot there at Goshen hospital and Elkhart memorial hospital a lot of challenges and a lot of training i think it takes a special person to do the work that is called on you at both of theses hospitals .It was an educational experience. Which i enjoyed very much.
Pros
Is the education you get and the hands on job training.
Cons
It can be at times very dangerous .
Needed better management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 13, 2018
it was a standard security job. over worked especially if there wasn't enough people. mandatory over time forget a social life. and their regional manager claimed alot of things but then turned on you behind your back
The place is awful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 22, 2018
Where should I begin? The coworkers are back stabbing only out for themselves. The manager is a joke. He refuses to fire the problem people or lead with discipline and any leadership ability. You start your shift, work it, get ready to go home and PRAY the telephone doesn’t ring with manager telling you your working another half shift since the relief never showed up. This happens daily.
Pros
TV in guard shack
Cons
BAD manager, bad hours, low pay, bad attitudes from other employees

Want to know more about Per Mar Security Services?

Ask a question
A great way to get job experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 24, 2018
Working for Par Mar security will give to a good look at what it is like to be in a job that can be exstreamly exciting to completely boring depending on the work site your assigned.
Great Company
Area Supervisor /Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 21, 2018
Although I left under unusual circumstances I really enjoyed my time with the company. I always felt that if I needed guidance or needed a question answered, there were people there to assist me as needed.
Pros
Looked out for its empolyees
Cons
Last Manager
Poor job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2018
Very bad job they are always looking for help new manger is ex military but thinks he still can run like it’s military no respect for there overworked & underpaid workers. They do have free training & free uniforms good place to get your license & get out .
Pros
Paid training free uniforms
Cons
Poor insurance terrible manager long hours
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 10, 2018
The management went from bad to worse better expect to
Work over your shift & days off worst place I ever worked at. They went from being ok to terrible they have a help wanted ad running ever week they take the worst of the worst .
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Terrible back stabbing
A good place to work
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 7, 2018
I didn't have any real complaints. They don't like exposed tattoos but if you know what you are doing and your good at your job they will over look it. I trouble shot electronics on a daily as well as installed hardware. i was the youngest guy there. this position is more for retired engineers, you learn a lot about electronics if you dont have a basic knowledge on them and a good group to work with but promotions are rarely had and pay will go up like 11-50cents at a time annually.
Wonderful Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2018
I love working in different locations and areas, I also enjoyed some of them were physical and some of them were not. I didn't like that they used email as a form of getting a hold of you, but that's my only complaint. They have excellent opportunities for everybody.
Pros
Lunch, Phone on you at all times. Working alone.
Cons
Healthcare was okay
Poor Contracts, Poor Management, Poor Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 6, 2018
For the first few months Per Mar was a great job. It wasn't until my last three months that the problems with the job started. The office got an OM and that's where my problems started. Despite stating that they were short staffed, they struggled to place me at a new location because everybody's hours were full. I tried to stay with the company, even offering to take part time as long as I was able to stay at one post. They split my schedule between two different contracts regardless. The second contact I was placed at posed a serious health risk and it was known throughout the office. It is the middle of winter and they have not salted or done anything to remove the ice and snow. I had fallen many times while I was there and the managers blamed me for falling and accused me of not following Per Mar Winter Policies. Myself and my trainer for the post were both wearing ice grippers that were old and falling apart, they needed to be replaced badly. I submitted my two week notice immediately after my first shift at the new contract. Management knows about the health risks at this plant and does nothing about it.
Cons
Management, health risks
great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sutherland, NEJanuary 31, 2018
it was a great company to work for and Loved were I did security as I had family working inside the plant it just made me feel great that I could protect them as they had been protecting since I was born
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 23, 2018
This is a great place to work, whether you want to work alone or with other officers. Depending on what site I can work I will either have the holidays off or I get paid holiday pay!
Pros
Many opporunities to pick up hours, easy job, great way to meet people.
funn work place
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 22, 2018
general basic about the job, for different area that you may have to work. ruls in regulations.
hardest part is when they suppervisor send the emploiyee's some where eles to work and they don't have no transportation make it.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no heatlh care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Per Mar Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight