Peraton
59Below average

Peraton Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA32 reviews
Technical Trainer contract
Federal contract to instruct overseas. Support for workers was poor. I expected more but Peraton lost the contract. The benefits were horrible. Bad FSA plan.
Hard Driving Successful Old Start-Up
Off-shoot of Harris - very diverse and full of hard workers. Great vacation benefits, IF you can take the time off = super busy. Medical and dental coverage could definitely use some improvement.
Management Has Little Care About Empleoyees
This company likes to make employees work over 40 hours (with no compensation because of being exempt) and it seems expected with no end in sight. They will pile multiple projects on top of each other and still expect the normal daily work to get done. It ends with projects or the daily work suffering, rushed results, not well thought out which leads to more re-work. Frustrating

to fix it
Pros
People are hard workers and want to get the job done. Middle managers and below are team players.
Cons
Work/Lifebalance, underpaid, upper management will work you and work0
Decent Company
It is a decent company to work for provided you have the right manager. Salaries are on the lower side but if you love the work, they have great benefits.
Contract ran short
Contract ran short due to mismanagement. This was not what I was really expecting. The workplace culture was one where you were required to work long hours with widely changing schedules. I would not recommend this for anyome
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Got acquired, not completely sure about Peraton yet
Peraton bought the company I worked for, Solers, and we are currently transitioning into their company. The transition has been alright so far, but their benefits are not as good as my old company's. The project I'm on and my bosses are great, though. That is from Solers, not Peraton.
Dope
Dope place to work. Slightly upidy in the sense that many people who work there have money. Still, easy to get along with. No problems whatsoever. Relaxed culture and great people.
Management is friendly and easy to work.
Good company to work for, good benefits package all around management lets you work and they do not micro manage the employees. The schedule is flexible and f you need time off they make it happen for you.
Pros
Education benefits, and flexible schedule.
Cons
Great people building something great
Peraton is unlike any place I've worked at before. There's considerable size, but so much room to grow. Seeing a major acquisition underway and significant contract wins are reassuring. I've met some of the most interesting people in my career here. Lots of folks from government, many from several different companies. You get a lot of perspectives, which I enjoy. I'm empowered to make the company even better. A word of advice is to listen to your mid-level managers... we're keen on what's new and emerging in our field, along with how most folks are feeling.
Pros
Ample benefits, good PTO policy, lots of impact potential
Cons
Lack of project communications technology, capital/real estate investment
Be a part of the creation!
The environment at Peraton is very collaborative. The missions we support are inspirational and everyone is working to build an infrastructure and culture that is world class. I believe that I am truly helping to create the kind of company where I'm proud to work.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Easy to learned, teamwork effort and understandable manager. Learned more in billing and closeout procedure. Very productive and very responsible to the employees
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
They squeeze everything out of you
Great people to work with. Love my team and immediate manager. Exec Leadeship not good at all. Benefits keep decreasing and cost of benefits keep going up.
Terrible place to work
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. The management is a joke, and I wouldn't be surprised if the company goes under next year (lack of proposal wins). The work environment is very toxic and if you aren't part of the good boys club then your time there will be very miserable. I lasted about a year and personally witnessed roughly 70% turnover in the Proposal/BD shop. There are only a few in that BD/Proposal shop that have been around longer than 2+ years (Those belonging to the Good boy club).

I have never seen proposals ran the way they were at Peraton. Very difficult to get management to show up for reviews, the solution is being developed at Red Team, No real solution architects, Pricing arrives after final book check and be prepared for all nighters. Did I mention they do not have a proposal process in place! It's been in development for over 2 years....
Pros
Decent Pay, but not worth it once you calculate your hourly rate based on the long hours worked
Cons
Peraton attempts to be a jake of all trades but a master of none, poor management, mismanaged proposals, long hours, and middle management afraid to voice their opinions.
Very nice company to work for.
My position was a temporary contract job to assist with merging companies under the Peraton umbrella. This assignment was fast pace and rewarding. Management and employees were very nice.
Mission Focused
It has been great being part of a company that values customer satisfaction and delivers on its promise. In an era of mediocrity, Peraton's foundation is built on decades of scientific expertise and methodical delivery.
Pros
Strong leadership across sectors
Exellent
Peraton is a very organized company. it is very good work atmosphere. My direct manager was excellent. The billing Group were good team player. I was fortunate to have access to manipulate Costpoint.
Great Culture - Rewarding Work
I really enjoy working for Peraton. Management is very approachable, respectful, and friendly. You will see mostly smiles in the hallways by employees. The CEO sets the tone and culture, and I think the executives that are in charge of the various functional areas all share the same vision and passion, making it a culture where people enjoy coming to work. Excellent work life-balance. Fair pay and the benefits are very good. Employees can buy an additional 40 hours (or any increment up to 40 hours) during open enrollment. 401k match of 5% and is invested immediately. All in all, great place to work!
Pros
Culture, work-life blance, benefits
Cons
Really, none that come to mind
Fine Company but Watch Your Back
There are some managers who do a great job and really give you a chance to show what you can do but, promotions are few in numbers. With other managers, you need to watch your back because they'll stab you hard in a heartbeat. Fortunately, there are fewer managers like that latter and more like the former. Raises aren't very good, they are often not even COLA. Communication or lack thereof is the worst problem. They do have free online courses you can take on your own time to learn new skills and benefits seem to match what the industry does. On the plus side, the CEO is personable and truly has an open door policy. Also, lately they have been trying to do things to improve employee morale.
Pros
CEO has a true open door policy and working to improve morale
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and fun workplace
Leadership gives opportunities to advance and learn on the job. The workplace culture is welcoming but could use team building events. Peraton, overall, is a great place to work!
Productive and innovative environment
Communication with the company is excellent. Their benefits is good but it is not great. Morale is high and they foster a healthy life style within their employers
Harris/Peraton few but enjoyable contracts
Harris rolled its Government IT solutions into a new company called Peraton. Unfortunately as with all new companies, the number of contracts already secured for business is small.

The Project managers, testers, developers, writers and all other software project personnel at Peraton are first class. They are an excellent pool of knowledge, self-directed work and professionalism, and it has been my delight to work with them and pick their brain. It is a pity the company will not be able to keep all these resources, as new opportunities will pull them away to other companies. Peraton's loss, other companies' gains.
Pros
excellent knowledge base, good-natured employees, hard-working, interesting projects
Cons
insecure project contracts, no off-project personnel "bench"
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peraton. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9