Peraton Employee Reviews

Needs a Leadership Change
Site Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 6, 2018
I absolutely love my job and the missions we support. That being said, having worked 1000+ hours of overtime a year for almost three years is unacceptable. The managements constant violation of even their own in place policies in favor of a "Because I said so" attitude has led to many personnel leaving.
Pros
Fulfilling Mission
Cons
Management Style, Work Hours
Task Orientated
Business Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at work is assessing certain task's to make sure the project is completed on time. You will learn a lot about how the government agency operates
Productive and innovative environment
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 22, 2018
Communication with the company is excellent. Their benefits is good but it is not great. Morale is high and they foster a healthy life style within their employers
My favorite place to work thus far
UUV Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2018
I loved working for this company. I was in a fast paced ever changing environment. My coworkers were intuitive, supportive, and fun to work with. It was certainly a team environment who used the strengths of individuals and made amazing achievements and met deadlines for projects.

The environment was the best I could ever ask for. Mostly sunny and warm. Winters could be cold on the water, but the company provided gear to all employees including a float coat, boots, clothes, everything needed to do the job safely and efficiently.

The best part of the job was the benefits, there was many times where I had to visit specialists and doctors for a surgery and I had free range of who I could go to, and had great coverage.

There are only a few things I would change. The cost of living far outweighs the salary earned if you have student loans. If you don't have debt, then is easy by living with roommates or working a second job to live in San Diego within a reasonable commute (1hr commute in the PM). Most of the people on base chose to live out of the city limits, and spend between 1.5-2 hours commuting home. But almost everyone has a family with kids, and living outside the city is far more economical.

Second is management. I have watched more of my coworkers quit and leave over lack of support by management. Peraton has an incredibly high turn over.
Pros
Challenging work environment, skilled crew, great team mentality
Cons
Cost of living outweighs salary if you have debt like student loans. Management
Was better when it was Harris Corp
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 1, 2018
The benefits used to be much better with a great PTO policy. That went away when the division was sold and it became Peraton. Now we get 3 weeks, for vacation, sick, or inclement weather time off. The pay is competitive and the work environment is relaxing and not a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
PTO policy is poor.
New company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 30, 2018
Peraton is a newly acquired company with the growing pains associated with it. Some legacy Harris culture is prominent; struggles with IT infrastructure. It also struggles to establish policies and follow them. The new C-suite leadership is working hard to build a new identity and culture. Some really good people work there but the environment leaves much to be desired.
Uncertain Environment
Proposal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 24, 2018
As a new company, there are always ups and downs, and having been through several company transitions I always allow a year before judging its future. Peraton is still floundering in its upper and middle management. There is very little support for its current personnel, and hiring from within has not been an important factor in the company. There seems to be some signs of change in the right direction, but it is not occurring quickly enough.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No compensation for long hours worked; very little recognition.
Overloaded with Responsibilites for Salary
Systems Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2018
Not an awful place to work, but responsibilities are always increased without a pay increase. Too many responsibilities are given and not accurate in written proposals to customer.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Stressful, Not compensated enough, poor management
Great company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
Unfortunately the company was unable to keep the contract, I was doing the same kind of work as I did with MRE, because Peraton won the contract. However it didn;t last long
They lost a TSA contract for airport service due to mismanagement
Technician (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 26, 2018
...and then laid off all the technicians. I was very excited for work at my local airport before this company ran a safety-critical onboarding like a fly by night tech startup and then lost their whole contract because they weren't ready in time.
Pros
Great benefits while they lasted
Cons
Running a safety-critical onboarding like a fly by night tech startup
Enjoyable Workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 24, 2018
Hired as a supervisor to oversee employees in a 24x7 service center. To ensure service requests were created and allocated to a technician for any security equipment issues for TSA. Enforcing requests were created within 15 minutes of being reported. Created and provided training documents to all employees. Conducted interviews and selected the best candidate for the position. I trained many individuals, support and embrace diversity in all its various manifestations. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and at the end of the day knowing that I had done the best possible job. The most difficult part of the job was not having procedures in place.
Pros
Food/snacks were provided by the company
Cons
TSA withdrawing the contract
new company name same management style
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJune 24, 2018
still can't pay bills and execute. I'd quit if I didn't work with such great people. The tuition reimbursement is nice as long as you are willing to sign up to stay for at least 2 years after your graduation or last class taken, if not, you have to pay back all the money
Cons
no career path or growth
Customer Service Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 15, 2018
I loved working there but unfortunately it was a contract and the contract ended. We went through training and setting up our team but was not able to implement due to - as I said - contract ended
Pros
great benefits, fair compensation
Cons
contract
Management needs a lot to be desired
Sonet Telecommunications Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 7, 2018
The management in Peraton leaves a lot to be desired. Although they do like to promote from within, they don't know what skill sets are actually needed for proper placement of their employees. This company is still trying to find itself, as it was actually make up of a purchase acquisition of multiple companies and now has no clear direction. It's unfortunate that the management they have in place run on "personal" levels, not whether or not you actually know your job.
Pros
Cons
I could not refer anyone or this company.
High stress
Facilities Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 15, 2018
Financial goals of management and corporate are met by laying people off and expecting everyone else to pickup the slack with little or no additional compensation.
Pros
Cons
poor medical and vacation benifits, old school management "just do your job" attitude.
Worked for IT Services for 20 years
CM Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2018
The business unit I worked for was sold three times. I was with the business unit for 20 years. When bought by Peraton, there were several proposals submitted. The new top management needs to learn the business and the customers to ensure an established relationship to win business.
Pros
Salary, time off and paid holidays
Cons
Winning of work
Plenty of work to do
IT Support (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Every day is pretty much the same and there is plenty of work to do. There are many talented analysts throughout the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning from those analysts.
Good Enviornment
Guard (Current Employee) –  El Indio, TXMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, good management. Great place to work if you enjoy being outside and working with tools. Great experience and excercise.
Great workplace
Clinical Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 11, 2018
Peraton was a fantastic place to work. Great staff, flexible hours, and understanding management. The pay and benefits were sub-par, however. Looking to relocate, otherwise I would have stayed.
Drama. Long drive
Guard (Former Employee) –  El IndioMarch 9, 2018
For it being 99%men, there was a lot of drama, gossip is out of control. Many of the staff are absolutely overpaid, they really don't know what they are doing. Manager is a wuss. He has his peeons doing the dirty work for him.
Benefits
Cons
Drama, manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peraton. Our community is ready to answer.