Peraton Employee Reviews

Overloaded with Responsibilites for Salary
Systems Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2018
Not an awful place to work, but responsibilities are always increased without a pay increase. Too many responsibilities are given and not accurate in written proposals to customer.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Stressful, Not compensated enough, poor management
Great company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
Unfortunately the company was unable to keep the contract, I was doing the same kind of work as I did with MRE, because Peraton won the contract. However it didn;t last long
They lost a TSA contract for airport service due to mismanagement
Technician (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 26, 2018
...and then laid off all the technicians. I was very excited for work at my local airport before this company ran a safety-critical onboarding like a fly by night tech startup and then lost their whole contract because they weren't ready in time.
Pros
Great benefits while they lasted
Cons
Running a safety-critical onboarding like a fly by night tech startup
Enjoyable Workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 24, 2018
Hired as a supervisor to oversee employees in a 24x7 service center. To ensure service requests were created and allocated to a technician for any security equipment issues for TSA. Enforcing requests were created within 15 minutes of being reported. Created and provided training documents to all employees. Conducted interviews and selected the best candidate for the position. I trained many individuals, support and embrace diversity in all its various manifestations. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and at the end of the day knowing that I had done the best possible job. The most difficult part of the job was not having procedures in place.
Pros
Food/snacks were provided by the company
Cons
TSA withdrawing the contract
new company name same management style
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJune 24, 2018
still can't pay bills and execute. I'd quit if I didn't work with such great people. The tuition reimbursement is nice as long as you are willing to sign up to stay for at least 2 years after your graduation or last class taken, if not, you have to pay back all the money
Cons
no career path or growth
Customer Service Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 15, 2018
I loved working there but unfortunately it was a contract and the contract ended. We went through training and setting up our team but was not able to implement due to - as I said - contract ended
Pros
great benefits, fair compensation
Cons
contract
Management needs a lot to be desired
Sonet Telecommunications Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 7, 2018
The management in Peraton leaves a lot to be desired. Although they do like to promote from within, they don't know what skill sets are actually needed for proper placement of their employees. This company is still trying to find itself, as it was actually make up of a purchase acquisition of multiple companies and now has no clear direction. It's unfortunate that the management they have in place run on "personal" levels, not whether or not you actually know your job.
Pros
Cons
I could not refer anyone or this company.
High stress
Facilities Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 15, 2018
Financial goals of management and corporate are met by laying people off and expecting everyone else to pickup the slack with little or no additional compensation.
Pros
Cons
poor medical and vacation benifits, old school management "just do your job" attitude.
Worked for IT Services for 20 years
CM Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2018
The business unit I worked for was sold three times. I was with the business unit for 20 years. When bought by Peraton, there were several proposals submitted. The new top management needs to learn the business and the customers to ensure an established relationship to win business.
Pros
Salary, time off and paid holidays
Cons
Winning of work
Plenty of work to do
IT Support (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Every day is pretty much the same and there is plenty of work to do. There are many talented analysts throughout the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning from those analysts.
Good Enviornment
Guard (Current Employee) –  El Indio, TXMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, good management. Great place to work if you enjoy being outside and working with tools. Great experience and excercise.
Great workplace
Clinical Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 11, 2018
Peraton was a fantastic place to work. Great staff, flexible hours, and understanding management. The pay and benefits were sub-par, however. Looking to relocate, otherwise I would have stayed.
Drama. Long drive
Guard (Former Employee) –  El IndioMarch 9, 2018
For it being 99%men, there was a lot of drama, gossip is out of control. Many of the staff are absolutely overpaid, they really don't know what they are doing. Manager is a wuss. He has his peeons doing the dirty work for him.
Benefits
Cons
Drama, manager
Do not do it!
CSC (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 6, 2018
I have been working at the white sands complex under NASA contract for TDRS as a controller for 10 years. The current management team has not been removed during company buyouts for over five years now.

The time for Peraton is running out now they are at the end of this contract and does not have any money left to milk from it. So they have been slow to hire new controllers They just now hired two guys they are "planning to hire two more" it takes four to eight months to train and certify controllers.

We are so understaffed some people have been working 94+ hour weeks and/or working more then one station for over a year and half.

This is putting a national asset and manned space flight in jeopardy of a controller making a mistake because they are over worked and/or running multiple sats "normally one person oversees a single bird" Now that these warriors are dropping out due to work exhaustion and are refusing overtime.

Peraton is demanding people to work overtime! The operations supervisor passes out "Requirement to report for work" memos on company letter head with the choice to show up or be fired.

This company "Corporate" Needs to investigate the on goings of management and step in before they loose the ability to have governmental contracts.
Pros
Soon a new company will have this contract
Cons
work exhaustion funny math payroll and overbearing/ not caring managment.
slow paced work enviornment
Security guard and Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 23, 2018
Lack of management and skill sets. Work drama is unreal. The drive to get to the site is very long especially after a 12 hour shift. benefits are great.
benefits
Cons
drama, drive to get to work
Good work/life balance - bad pay and boring days
Space Network Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goddard, MDFebruary 15, 2018
Too often there was nothing exciting about work here. If you like a very relaxed atmosphere, it is good for that. Also, they don't pay well. I did learn a lot about RF while here from some of the good engineers.
Contract
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2018
working with UUVs with rotating deployments to Bahrain. New technology in sonars and advanced sensors. Over seeing programming and troubleshooting of navy sailors.
Income
Communications Services Controller (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 11, 2018
I am grateful to have employment. Since Peraton has taken over, the premium rates have been reduce for reasons unknown. There is not a lot of transparency with the organization. Management does not have the answers and do not seem to be concerned about getting paid corrected.
Pros
401K matching
Everyone is two-faced and only worried about themselves.
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 3, 2018
My manager had no idea what she was doing. Coworker stabbed me in the back and told lies about me. Other employees there were all fake has beens. You know what they say about karma.
Cons
Don't make my mistakes!!!!
Communications Services Controller (CSC) (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 2, 2018
As a CSC for Peraton in Las Cruces NM. You will make close to 100k working 80/94 hour weeks for years.

This Company does not care about you or your health. Only in cashing the checks from NASA before they Loose this contract. I have been here for five years. And this is the WORST company I have seen run this contract. I have seen ITT / Exelis / Harris and now Peraton.

I am waiting out the end of this contract / Company. We are about 12 CSC's short currently. More people have accepted offers else where and are leaving in the coming weeks. I am stuck here do not make my mistake and move here to be treated like a three old by our Overlord of a site manager that makes up random new policys and forces you to sign a paper to state you read them or attended a meeting so they can use it as a reason to terminate you when ever they decided they do not like you.

Peraton is owned by Veritas Capital, HQ is in Trump towers with several people with Russian last names on the "investment teams"

If you cant hack it buy it!
Pros
free air conditioning in summer.
Cons
80hr WEEKS Horible upper managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peraton. Our community is ready to answer.