Percepta Employee Reviews

Good place to learn,
Instructional Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 7, 2018
Not very much room for career growth. The floor-level employees (those on the phones) were very nice. It would be nice to be able to offer changes in assigned duties to keep the staff engaged.
Pros
OK as a place to work
Cons
Could use more flexibility to avoid career burnout
Average work place
Regional customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 2, 2018
I learned how to best handle customer issue and to come to a resolution that best helped dealers and customers. We are told there is possibility for upward mobility for promotions. There is not upward mobility for promotions. The process changes are confusing and upsetting to everyone.
Pros
associates
Cons
no upward mobility
Run away
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2018
They really don’t help once on the floor. Can get very stressful. Will get treated unfairly. Training is long for nothing because they do not really teach you what you need.
Pros
Saturday and Sunday (days off)
Cons
You have to go back into work
Help customers with vehicle issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 14, 2018
I was in the top 5% among 120 Tier One agents every month for the last two years I worked there. I also did training of agents and worked as a helper to new agents that came onto the floor.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Having to give bad news to customers occasionally regarding repairs to their vehicle.
A good place to start to springboard elsewhere
Regional Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 28, 2018
Great and ample training, nice atmosphere but not a lifelong career option. Learned much about the luxury car market, laws, and how this demographic behaves.
Technical Rep
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 19, 2018
Call center handle times are more important than the cost savings. The position is to confirm and reduce expenditures through the claim process. This, however, is pushed aside with micromanagement to meet service levels. Constantly short staffed, high attrition rates and extremely rare raises. On the Positive note, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k Health care is expensive but a good plan. The claim processing is easy/ redundant.
Pros
occasional free lunches, Jeans and a T shirt job.
Cons
short breaks/lunches, fast pace with no accountability where it matters. System crashes often
Very helpful management
Regional Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 22, 2018
My manager is very helpful and very optimistic regarding my success in my position. There is always help and we are updated very frequently on any changes.
very high pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 7, 2018
This is a good job for an untrained/unskilled automotive technician due to the extensive training provided through Ford Motor Company. It is a very high paced/high volume call center.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
pay scale
A great place to work as long as you are not a minority.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 3, 2018
I have worked here for 2 years. In that time I have seen people apply for jobs that have seniority and the experience, but are passed over regularly in favor of people who have been with the company under 6 months. Leads transfer from one team to another without having any idea what that team does, and then make changes that cause upset and higher turnaround. There is no compassion for anyone that isn't management, and everyone in management is not a minority. Minorities are overlooked, underpaid and seriously under-appreciated.
not flexible for tardiness or understanding
Customer Representative Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 29, 2018
they are not flexible for things that come up in life causing you to be tardy or miss days at work they think that they are flexible but when you give your all and are a top performer they do not care and will terminate employment over being late. TLs are not helpful and dont want to be interrupted causing inbound to fail and than get in trouble when something happens or dont reach AHT
It's a job when you need one
CSM (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 2, 2018
I will start with the good. You get a great discount on Ford vehicles and 99% of my coworkers were great people and that about does it for the good.

Now for the not so good, it is an inbound call center, with a mix of good, bad and ugly when it comes to the calls received on any given day. The company's proprietary software is not user friendly and unreliable at the best of times. Employees are expected to overcome the daily technology woes while being held fully accountable for their work while resources are down, and of course, no accountability here. In some departments, quality assurance is performed from within, leaving room for favoritism to exist and exist it does. It is fair to say that anyone that works in any call center for a reasonable length of time will have a bad day from time to time. Some people can count on receiving a bad day evaluation while others have no fear. As with many companies, this one is ever changing and changes to reflect business needs are clearly understood, but not all changes will come down the chain and be positive for the workers and their families affected by the changes. Whatever you do, do not ever express your feedback about how the changes negatively affect you. At some point you will be advised that you are easily replaceable. Every department almost always has a new hire group in training to fill the still warm, vacant seats. This is the culture of a company that talks about retaining its good people, but cycles through a lot of people. And micromanagement is rampant in that some people are nit picked aprt for every
  more... flaw or 30 seconds of excess break for the occasional extra trip to the restroom while others can do as they please if they are friends with the right people.  less
Pros
Great coworkers, new vehicle discount
Cons
Micromanagement, constantly changing standards, feel like a number
Disappointing
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 28, 2018
This was a great place to work until they changed their management structure. Change is good when it is transparent and moves organizations forward. This only caused many good employees (including Managers) to look for opportunities elsewhere.
It's a typical call center; nothing fancy about it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 22, 2018
You report to work 5 minutes before you shift starts. You answer calls for the first two hours. Then you go on break for 15 minutes. Then you answer calls for another two hours. Then you go to lunch for 30 minutes. Then you answer calls for another 2 hours. Then you go on break for 15 miutes. Then you answer calls for another two hours. Then your shift ends.

Don't be late to work, not even by a minute, or it will be one occurrence. Don't come back late from breaks or lunch, or it will be another occurrence. Lastly, if you need to use the restroom, in between breaks you can't. You need to wait either to your 15 minute or lunch break.

Customers can be rude at times, but it's a call center.

Management main concern is numbers, or as I was told, quantity over quality.

The average starting pay is $11.00 to $11.50 an hour.
Pros
Guaranteed pay check every two weeks.
Cons
You are a slave to the phone, and you required to perform, as if you are a machine.
Not a bad job just does not live up to promises made.
Serves as web support and help desk (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 19, 2018
The pay is fine for the position. The main issue is at that level of pay its barely enough to live in the area without a second income. The idea behind this job is the metrics of which you are graded on. The metrics are fair but there is no room to negotiate if you believe you were graded incorrectly. All in all not a bad stepping stone into the world of tier one IT.
Trainer and Sales Zone Manager
Sales Zone Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I trained new employees, and taught recurring.
As a Zone Manager, I had 54 Ford dealerships in the Chicago Region.
Set up the computer for the days work. Call dealerships to help them with their sales processing. I provided the new vehicles for them to sell. Provided computer help when needed. Sometimes I would log into their computers to show them how to preform their tasks.
I learned much about Ford products.
Great managers. They let us manage our own zones.
Good workplace. Very soft noise, and we had our cubicles in an open setting.
The hardest part of the job was getting my dealers to take certain vehicles.
Being the Zone Manager of the Year was pretty good.
Pros
Learning about new vehicles
Cons
Not receiving more vehicles
Customer Service
Regional Concierge Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 2, 2018
The job is a call center environment which has its good points and bad. If you like talking on the phone all day and interacting with customers, it can be great. Unlike most call centers, this one is not focused on call time. They want you to help the customer resolve their issue, no matter how long it takes. Here you are empowered to do whatever you need to do to resolve the issue with very little upper management approval required. The management was good, but at times, they can be distant. Like with a lot of companies, sometimes the manager isn't available. The culture is different than most places. They are brand driven and very proud of who they represent. However, even though they insist they are employee-centric, there are times when the workload gets very heavy and demanding. The company said they expected to have 90 employees in our center, but often we ran with as little as 50. At one point, we dropped to 43 but the call volume remained the same as it would with a higher number of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the frequent free lunches, company sponsored events, and the family feel.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Often stressful and overwhelming work
It paid the bills
Universal Agent (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2018
The best thing about Percepta was my co-workers. There policies were crazy and management didnt care about there team, We're just a number to him. I left because of crazy write ups.
Pros
Games
Cons
Breaks and getting written up for being 30 seconds late, not minutes. It was just crazy.
good place if you need a job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 7, 2018
management is so unorganized and changes the rules in the middle of the game and you are not provided priorities until 2 weeks after you were to have started to work on them. There is also one set of rules for some staff and another set of rules for the other. HR is a joke. This is a call center so must have thick skin. The only thing that will get you up in the morning and keep you coming back in will be your co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
unskilled managers - HR - no communication
The hardest part of my job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I was berated, cursed at and screamed at 8 hours a day by unhappy customers who often wished myself and my family harm. It was extremely challenging.
Percepta
Lincoln Way Application Support and Development (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 25, 2017
I answer around 20 calls per day or more which is double what most of my other co-workers do. When bringing this to management I was advised to not worry about them and myself. When pointing out that I couldn't do my job without time nothing was done.
Pros
Decent people.
Cons
Terrible vacation time and penalized for using sick time when not scheduled