Perdue Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Internship
Corporate Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 25, 2017
The internship was great, in that it provided me great exposure to accounting practices and procedures. , I graduated with a bit more of experience under my belt to contend with than those who did not have the experience.
motivating work place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 23, 2017
as a general labor they manage it very well performed all tasks in short period of time you wouldn't miss the fun when all at us get together for a period of time
Pros
discount at the caffee
Cons
short breaks
1st job
Team leader (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2017
1st job worked at night then day. I learned how to be a team player and management was good workplace everything good. hardest part was learning how to cut meat in the cold. the most enjoyable part was working with others.
Ok place to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VASeptember 22, 2017
Very cold place. Long days that you work. Not really room for advancement. Management needs some work. Work culture was good. Running up and down three flights of stairs can put a wear and tear on the body.
Pros
discount on cases of chicken
Cons
Long days
Quick paced. Cold
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 20, 2017
I liked Perdue. It was quick paced but I enjoyed the active work.was a lot of standing. hard work at times. Cold in my area. Hours fluctuate. boss was good. Had fun.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short break
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2017
Worked at a very fast speed, had to keep up with the production line. It was very cold 40 below. Had to lift 50 or pounds. Had to keep the line down so it won't bag up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very cold
Fast Pace and Demanding
Employment Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NCSeptember 18, 2017
As and EPA at Perdue I am tasked with making sure everyone is following Federal and State guidelines in a timely manner. Many associate do not take the feedback, do to my reports making it seem like that they are not doing their job.
On a typical day I am not only trying to complete my audits, I help out with recruiting and terminations. The biggest thing I have learned as an EPA is time management and learning how to work in a fast paced environment. Lucky the management I work for is amazing and has helped shape me into the worker I am today.
I feel as if the hardest part of my job is dealing with the culture at Perdue. The culture is different than what I am use to. However I also feel as if it the most rewarding part of my job. I have learned a lot from the associates here.
Pros
Wellness Center. Management
Cons
Healthcare, Pay, Stress
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 18, 2017
Very quick fast paste environment
Be a quick learner
Be open to change
Standing for long periods of time
Short breaks
Long exhausting hours of hard labor
productive and has music
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 16, 2017
A typical day at work includes being on your feet in an area that is temperature controlled about to 42 degrees all the time. Most people are friendly and will help new employees out. Some do not care to help out new people.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Standing on your feet.
relaxed work place
Quality Assurance Leader (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VASeptember 16, 2017
I monitor the whole production department at all times. I learn how to communicate with others better. I learn the importance of quality of QA.The hardest part is making others know the importance of QA
Pros
Not hard to move up in the company
Cons
everyone doesnt take there job serious
It's was a nice place to work when I work there
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 14, 2017
This Perdue was in Emporia va. But they shut down. The place was very nice to work at the benefits was good. I'm pretty sure that other perdues or the same.
Pros
You work eight hours then went home
Cons
They offer health care benifits
its a ok job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DESeptember 14, 2017
its a ok job but it can pay the bills but that's all it is unless you work there for yrs to come but its ok job so if you need to pay the bills this is the job for you
good
Cons
3 braeks a day
Okay place to work
WPL (Former Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 14, 2017
Competitive and fast paced job but the pay was good and the people were really fun and the work wasn't that bad. It was very cold and sometimes it could get stressful but i do plan on going back in November.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Cold
Its a goot atmosphere to work
Live Hanger (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCSeptember 14, 2017
Its a overall a good place to work. Good atmosphere to work. There is room for advancement and growth.. Most of the supervisors are fair. And actually respect you as an employee
Pros
Room for growth
Meat Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
It was a good place to work and move up with in the job its self it made me a better person on the job and at home i would tell anybody about this job
Pros
food in the kitchen
Cons
two 10min breaks one 30 min break
I like it it was a ok job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NCSeptember 12, 2017
I learn how to run a machine worked around alot of people an bei garound alot tha management was fair.my job wasnt really too hard but it was a job.showed how to work an the real world .
Pros
Ok
Good
Good benefits
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 11, 2017
Its an good job to work at in learning how to do production work,good benefits,and learning good skills on how an chicken is process before put out on market for sell
productive
Wing Cutter (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 11, 2017
its a great place to work and get started everyone is helpful and always in a good mood the work is not too hard and the mangers take time to work with you and help to bad its close now
Unorganized
Filleter (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NCSeptember 8, 2017
It was always unorganized when i came on the floor. The supervisors and team leads always had a attitude for no appearant reason.The breaks system was the worst.
Pros
They pay good..
Cons
Breaks
I have been trying to go back to Perdue
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCSeptember 8, 2017
I would love to go back but they don't do rehires we was able to buy chicken from the job we had plenty to take home to our family I miss working there yes I would go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perdue Farms, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval