Perdue Farms, Inc.
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Perdue Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,259 reviews matching the search
Perdue is a dependable work place working with good people, a place where you can establish a decent way of making a living, and better yourself working at Perdue consist of focusing on product and quality.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Not a bad place to work.good people to work with.very good supervisor.production are eazy.perdue has no hard job,all jobs in this plant are eazy.will recommend
Pros
2 breaks 30 mins each
Cons
Not paid breaks
Is working around so many different peoples the most enjoyable day is when going on breaks the hardest part of the job is standing in one stop all day I learn to do the best you can do
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Yes short breaks & healthcare on bord
Great job for determined workers. My experience was short but definitely an amazing job. Great party and great management, love it there. I am going to return.
It’s an alright place to work .No balance between work and home.Sometimes 6 days a week. Alright benefits after 60 days. I only left company for better job and some free time.
I think if you need a job you really should appreciate the work and pay because won't you won't do someone else will for less pay . I think you have room to grow with this company you will live it.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Cold
You will have no life working here. Its miserable. They dont care about your wellbeing as long as that chicken is cut. They will say the pay is good. Is it really good enough for 10 hours of your life? They dont pay you what they say youre suppose to depending on department.
I don’t recommend unless you are willing to sell your soul to this job. They will work you to death or starve you to death. They are ungrateful for the job you do and the management treats you horrible. .They scream and hollar at you. They don’t respect your time or the fact that you have a family
Pros
The people you work with are amazing
Cons
They will work you to death
The good it aite but they work the mess out of you on night shift but when we get off like we supposed to it not that bad it good if you ain't got a lot of bills to pay
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short break
Very flexible with starting time and not demanding. But have to be ready to fix machinery ASAP when down. Manager will show that they are with you and really not. High turnover on workers and constant alarms going off
Pros
Flexible starting time
Cons
Worker turnover, HR not for some employees and very poor pay for what a worker does
Don’t care about employees and employees are overworked with low pay and everyday you get the feeling of being easily replaced run away from this job if you have the chance
Pros
Health care
Cons
Top management need to understand that the associates are stressed to the max when they demand high output when understaffed. Machines keep breaking, people don't show up for work, and it's your fault if people quit. Hours are too long. Will move you around to different departments. High turnover rate.
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
over worked, high stress, high demand
no good pay. unorganized, poor management, supervisors act like they don’t care about there associates, & you have no life. i do not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
ain’t nothing free.
Cons
breaks not long enough
I enjoy my job. The shift schedule is the best I have heard of or worked. 12 hour shifts, 7-7 shift work. Three days off (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) every other weekend for shift change. My work schedule looks like this. Off s,s,m, work t, w, off t, f, work s,s,m. No forced overtime. People are willing to switch or pick up your shift if you need to do something on a work day. Vacation is called PTO, it’s accrued over time. Every week you get a set number. What I dislike is the holiday pay is straight time. No OT for holidays worked. Bonus, I think I have seen maybe 100.00 bucks. No turkeys or hams for holidays. 401k is decent. Health is decent.
Pros
Time off, work schedule, home work life balance.
Cons
No time and a half pay for holidays worked, No holiday incentives like turkeys or hams. Bonus is lacking drastically.
Not a good place to work. If your desperate and need a job yeah maybe but a career here is not advised. Leadership here only cares about one thing putting chicken in a box. They don’t care about your your kids your home situation etc. would not recommend this place to anyone. Not even someone I disliked wouldn’t do that to them.
Cons
Worst management team ever no one every wants to help your always on there time all have favorite and that stick together with in supervisor and higher up Rockingham NC worst then prison Lowest paying poultry plant ever rush you you know how to do the job no time to learn no trainers
Pros
It’s a paying job with benefits
Cons
Pays litte to nothing compared to the nearest Tyson foods or pilgrims Chicken Mountaineer
Management doesn't care about you. They don't treat you well. Lots of people are quitting and getting jobs somewhere else because the pay sucks. I didn't get paid for the holiday either.
Pros
Cons
Only 2 30 minute breaks. Pay sucks aswell
Toxic environment. Went through 6 maintenance guys in my time there and 3 managers. Favoritism is apparent. If they like you attendance doesn’t matter and you can do whatever you want
Pros
Good starting pay for maintenance.
Cons
No work life balance. No advancement opportunities. Poor teamwork and leadership
It was a Good job that pays every week. I mean the work was hard but I managed to get use to it n just keep pushing. I stayed workinG out there for 5 months.
I was hired as a Production Laborer. The pay is good, but you earn every cent. The job quickly took a toll upon my body, and continued to be grueling. I was constantly bounced around from one department to another, in often very hot and cold conditions. Getting a day off or being out sick is practically impossible. If you don’t speak Spanish, then you will feel very alienated. After just 2 months, I finally quit, after expressing my concerns to my immediate Supervisor fell upon seemingly deaf ears.
Pros
Good Pay. Nice Cafateria & Break Area.
Cons
Short Breaks, Communication Issues, Thankless Work, Serious Lack of Commradship.
Good place to work and good benefits. Good place for internal movement. The benefits are also great, and it’s a fun place to work. I would recommend it.
  1. Employee Reviews