Peregrine Health Services Employee Reviews

A workplace with a great culture and managment!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 30, 2018
I work at the Convalarium and the focus is teamwork and caring for our residents. I have never worked at a facility were everyone is an equal and your voice matters just as much as the next. The work hours in my position are semi-flexible and the workload is manageable. Overall I am so happy Peregrine accepted me onto their team and I cant wait to see what is to come.
Pros
A complimentry lunch every Wednesday, semi-flexible hours, good benefits, 401k options after 1 year, and great management.
Cons
I love the Convalarium it's a family feeling
House keeping/ Laundry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 29, 2018
I love working with co workers that are like family and also care for the residents as one of their own!! It's a great place to work I did leave the company for a few months but where I went to work was not like home I love working for peregrine they treat you as one of your own family members with respect, caring, and communication! They listen to there employees. Peregrine has always took care of their employees I will never work for a better company
Terrible place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2018
Terrible place to work, lazy nurses and management that don’t care. Nurse going a week without changing wounds and making multiple med errors and when you report to your supervisor they do nothing about it. They lie and cover up each other’s poor work ethic. State is in every other week which is the only time they want to make it look like they do what they are supposed to do. A very unprofessional place that does not value the residents/patients
Caring Staff/Teamwork
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 29, 2018
Here at The Gardens, we respect each other and support each other. Yes, it's fast paced - but we all work hard together to give the residents the care and love they deserve. We have fun with the residents and with each other. This is a great place to work!!
Pros
Teamwork, Hardworking staff, fun environment
Cons
Fast paced sometimes.
Great place to work!
DON (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 29, 2018
I started with this company 3 years ago as an STNA. The facility is close to home and I enjoy caring for the residents from my community. In my 3 years here, I have progressed from an STNA to medical records, medical records to Staff Development RN, to acting DON. I enjoy working with the staff and management team here at the Gardens of Paulding. The work is fast paced and keeps you on your toes. The variety of residents we receive also gives many educational opportunities. If you are interested in a job as a nurse or an aide come in and fill out an application! We also offer STNA classes for those of you interested.
Pros
fast pace, educational opportunities, positive co-workers
Work Life
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, OHOctober 26, 2018
I work in a management position. We have the best retention team to keep you happy! We care for our residents, families, community, and of course our staff!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
The drive!
Very rewarding Job with great coworkers
Nurses aid (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 17, 2018
I just love working at the Gardens of Paulding. I love working with the elderly and helping them with their needs. This facility is gorgeous. It is well taken care of and the employees really care about the residents.
Pros
Teamwork, the residents, good nurses
Cons
Fast paced
STNA (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 17, 2018
Gardens of Paulding is a great place to work. The residents are great. My coworkers are nice and we all work together to get our job done. It is fast paced, but it makes the day go by fast. Management is kind and understanding. They listen to our concerns.
Pros
Fast paced, teamwork, understanding managers
Cons
Work every other weekend and holiday
We dont get paid enough for what we do not even close
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 3, 2018
We dont get paid enough for what we do we never get bonuses we dont get anything extra if we pick up a extra shift we dont get anything for Good attendance
Unorganized and fast paced
STNA (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OhioAugust 16, 2018
Nothing exceptional here. Of course there’s some great aides and nursing staff but management drives them out. It’s not a terrible place to work but the staffing ratios and refusal for management to fix problems is out of hand. Ecspecially on weekends! Short staffed for the morning with two call offs? Too bad, it’s Saturday night and management wants to sleep. I’ve had a manager admit that even when they know they will have to mandate a staff member, they refuse to give them a heads up as they “don’t want them to call off.” Really? We have lives too and need to make plans as such. Start off pay is much lower than the state average, ecspecially if they pay for your STNA classes. I do love my residents, and my position, but this place needs to step up their game.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Residents
Cons
Low pay, shady management, little empathy
Poorly managed
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Paulding, OHJuly 23, 2018
This is a poorly managed facility, employees are overworked. Very emotionally and mentally draining place to work. Understaffed and workload is over the top.
Corporate is awful
Management (Former Employee) –  Paulding, OHJuly 22, 2018
Great coworkers at the facility but Corporate was terrible - they don't care about their employees or the residents. Always someone micro managing you. They also have many employees doing the work of 3+ people. It's awful.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Corporate owned, micro management, low pay
A culture of commitment and dedication
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2018
I have worked for various organizations over the years, and I will always rank Peregrine Health Services above the rest. This company has shown exceptional commitment to the residents and staff with a culture of compassion and always going above and beyond to do what is right. The leadership of this company is easily accessible and are always willing to listen to the needs of the staff. I am very proud to be a part of this organization and look forward to my future with this company.
Pros
Great work environment, accessibility of corporate team
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 12, 2018
This is a company that really cares and shows their entire staff in many different ways, like feeding the entire staff weekly, making you feel like a part of a team with providing you with a buddy, and not just throwing you on the floor after one day of training, they will provide you with as many days as needed until you feel ready to be on your own, so the best care is given to the residents.
Great health care facility
STNA (Current Employee) –  St. Henry, OHFebruary 6, 2018
St Henry Gardens is a nice building to work at. The staff is all top notch and really cares about the residents. We all work together to make this a great place!
Pros
Every other weekend off
Dont work here
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 25, 2018
They don’t care about you or the residents. The pay is low and they are very short staff and want the nurses to work as aides. Call offs are ridiculously high and they don’t care. Will stress you out. The nurse show up late so if you work 7am-7pm you will be off around 8 EVERYONE IS LATE
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Horrible place and company
Staff Members (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Very untrustworthy and they do nothing for there employees.NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR BUILDING. This place is very run down and poorly managed. Starting at corporate level.
Pros
Cons
Several things.
Fun place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2017
Overall, Heatherdowns is a great place to work. Fun atmosphere most days and staff get a long well. Management does a nice job of following up on concerns and doing their best to make sure we have what we need. Healthcare can always be stressful, but it's easier working for people who you know care
Pros
Good environment, residents are appreciative
Benefits
Totally owned and controlled by one person.
Corporate Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2017
Loved co-workers. This company is totally owned by one person who is a Micro Manager. Do his bidding and all is well. Don't and work can be untenable.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Micro Managed.
RN (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 9, 2017
I've worked here for 10 years and find the staff and management to be a great support. There is nothing they won't do to help. It's a team effort! We enjoy the recognition given to us by management using the SBAR and Stop & Watch drawings and the AWESOME bucks. It is truly great to work in a place that values its employees and takes such great care of their residents.
Pros
Teamwork/Staff Recognition
Cons
None that I can think of...