Peregrine Health Services Employee Reviews

Very rewarding Job with great coworkers
Nurses aid (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 17, 2018
I just love working at the Gardens of Paulding. I love working with the elderly and helping them with their needs. This facility is gorgeous. It is well taken care of and the employees really care about the residents.
Pros
Teamwork, the residents, good nurses
Cons
Fast paced
STNA (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHOctober 17, 2018
Gardens of Paulding is a great place to work. The residents are great. My coworkers are nice and we all work together to get our job done. It is fast paced, but it makes the day go by fast. Management is kind and understanding. They listen to our concerns.
Pros
Fast paced, teamwork, understanding managers
Cons
Work every other weekend and holiday
Unorganized and fast paced
STNA (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OhioAugust 16, 2018
Nothing exceptional here. Of course there’s some great aides and nursing staff but management drives them out. It’s not a terrible place to work but the staffing ratios and refusal for management to fix problems is out of hand. Ecspecially on weekends! Short staffed for the morning with two call offs? Too bad, it’s Saturday night and management wants to sleep. I’ve had a manager admit that even when they know they will have to mandate a staff member, they refuse to give them a heads up as they “don’t want them to call off.” Really? We have lives too and need to make plans as such. Start off pay is much lower than the state average, ecspecially if they pay for your STNA classes. I do love my residents, and my position, but this place needs to step up their game.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Residents
Cons
Low pay, shady management, little empathy
Poorly managed
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Paulding, OHJuly 23, 2018
This is a poorly managed facility, employees are overworked. Very emotionally and mentally draining place to work. Understaffed and workload is over the top.
Corporate is awful
Management (Former Employee) –  Paulding, OHJuly 22, 2018
Great coworkers at the facility but Corporate was terrible - they don't care about their employees or the residents. Always someone micro managing you. They also have many employees doing the work of 3+ people. It's awful.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Corporate owned, micro management, low pay
A culture of commitment and dedication
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2018
I have worked for various organizations over the years, and I will always rank Peregrine Health Services above the rest. This company has shown exceptional commitment to the residents and staff with a culture of compassion and always going above and beyond to do what is right. The leadership of this company is easily accessible and are always willing to listen to the needs of the staff. I am very proud to be a part of this organization and look forward to my future with this company.
Pros
Great work environment, accessibility of corporate team
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 12, 2018
This is a company that really cares and shows their entire staff in many different ways, like feeding the entire staff weekly, making you feel like a part of a team with providing you with a buddy, and not just throwing you on the floor after one day of training, they will provide you with as many days as needed until you feel ready to be on your own, so the best care is given to the residents.
Great health care facility
STNA (Current Employee) –  St. Henry, OHFebruary 6, 2018
St Henry Gardens is a nice building to work at. The staff is all top notch and really cares about the residents. We all work together to make this a great place!
Pros
Every other weekend off
Dont work here
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 25, 2018
They don’t care about you or the residents. The pay is low and they are very short staff and want the nurses to work as aides. Call offs are ridiculously high and they don’t care. Will stress you out. The nurse show up late so if you work 7am-7pm you will be off around 8 EVERYONE IS LATE
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Horrible place and company
Staff Members (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Very untrustworthy and they do nothing for there employees.NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR BUILDING. This place is very run down and poorly managed. Starting at corporate level.
Pros
Cons
Several things.
Fun place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2017
Overall, Heatherdowns is a great place to work. Fun atmosphere most days and staff get a long well. Management does a nice job of following up on concerns and doing their best to make sure we have what we need. Healthcare can always be stressful, but it's easier working for people who you know care
Pros
Good environment, residents are appreciative
Benefits
Totally owned and controlled by one person.
Corporate Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2017
Loved co-workers. This company is totally owned by one person who is a Micro Manager. Do his bidding and all is well. Don't and work can be untenable.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Micro Managed.
RN (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 9, 2017
I've worked here for 10 years and find the staff and management to be a great support. There is nothing they won't do to help. It's a team effort! We enjoy the recognition given to us by management using the SBAR and Stop & Watch drawings and the AWESOME bucks. It is truly great to work in a place that values its employees and takes such great care of their residents.
Pros
Teamwork/Staff Recognition
Cons
None that I can think of...
Current employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, OHNovember 8, 2017
I currently work at Parkview in Edgerton. I love working here. The residents are great and I love my co-workers. It is a fast paced job. Being able to help the residents and make them smile fills my heart with joy. I would recommend Parkview to my friends and family.
Pros
Residents, co-workers, caring staff
Cons
Having to work weekends and holidays
Dietary
dietary (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, OHOctober 20, 2017
place is dirty, old, and underpaid. kitchen is cluttered and dirty. No one cares. Needs updated but management is lazy and spend to much time in meetings.
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
no one cares
Awful place horrible bosses
I worked here (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, OHOctober 17, 2017
Terrible place to work don’t apply bosses are horrible Administrator not qualified unorganized all around sucks there. Patient care not good can’t believe there still in business
Cons
This place i absolutely terrible. Its like working for a prison
State Tested Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJuly 1, 2017
This place is absolutely awful. There is so little care for the staff and the residents. Work saftey is below Osha standards. Its like working in a prison.
Pros
Cons
Horrible bosses
Just a bad place all around
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2017
The DON expects way too much. If you are a nurse do not work here your license will be in danger. They do not support their nursing staff and expect you to do managements job. I hated working here and the building needs to he updated. The nursing units in the basements flood and your expected to still work. There is also no air conditioning in the basement and they will not even bring you a fan. Save yourself and do not work here.
Cons
Not an employee friendly company
Employee (Former Employee) –  PickeringtonJune 11, 2017
The wages are low. New management are horrible. They work there nurses and aides like dogs. They can't keep managers. Huge call off problem. Insurance is expensive and they give very little time off.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay, beneifits, bad management
Horrible Company all around
STNA (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHMay 16, 2017
Management was so displaced you could never find someone. HR never seemed to be in the building. They hire on the spot at Echo Manor yet it takes almost two weeks before you know about your pay or orientation. Was on the floor 3 weeks when they decided you needed a corporate orientation so they pull you off the floor early with no replacement. Very disorganized. Was there almost two months still didn't have a name tag which is required by state. Coworkers were decent. Very strung out and run down from being "asked" to work several 16hr shifts back to back. Residents were the best part.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else