Peregrine Senior Living Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYFebruary 4, 2019
The residents are amazing, but the management is severely poor. Employees are treated unfairly, are punished for wanting an unpaid and uninterrupted lunch, and are ridiculouled for the slightest mistake. I highly recommend you work some where else.
Amoral place to work
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2019
I have been employed with Peregrine three times, all in marketing. One was as a marketing director in a new start up, which was a good experience. I left on my own accord. The second, a disaster at their Jewish community in Baltimore . I left on my own accord as well. The last was the harshest. I was employed as a marketing consultant at the same Jewish community in Baltimore. I went back as they fired the ED whose husband had brain cancer. Who does that!! I was terminated from the third employment They violated the written employment agreement and currently owe me over $5000.00. The VP stated to “ stand in line to sue them with other vendors!” She continued,” we can’t pay our kosher food bills, heat the building and that there would be lay offs!” It truly broke my heart to work there. To date, the investors kicked them to the curb. I knew that preaching Stephen Bowman’s ( President) message was a fallacy and misleading. I was drinking the kool aid and promising things to families that could not be delivered. Steer clear of any Peregrine community as a family with your loved one or employee
Avoid like the plague
Marketing & Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 31, 2019
Not only would I never recommend working at Peregrine, but I have actively advised multiple people away from them already. This company is a slave to their investors and because of that they don't care about their staff, and worse their residents. They couldn't afford to keep good care-staff so not only were they constantly rotating from staffer to staffer but our residents were getting abysmal care. Sleeping in their own feces, being bored and ignored, the list goes on and on. We had hospice workers threatening to transition their care to other caregivers because they could not stand to watch Peregrine's conditions. This place is a nightmare.
Pros
Free coffee in the lobby
Cons
Everything. Upper management. Investors.
The place is not a good place to work
CNA and Proxy, Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 3, 2019
This place is not a good place to work it was at first but they do too much they let residents family run the head and they been lying to the head about workers and they end up fired them just because of what lies the family said just because the family don't like the employee.
Pros
Nothing a disgrace
Cons
awful pay and the office manager need to be gone she does too much
Mega experience but won’t hire because nurse manager has a personal vendetta.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 9, 2018
Highly qualified nurses are not hired because the senior nurse manager has a personal vendetta against them. Sad as turnover is always high here.....
Pros
Null
Cons
Null
Very good management huge turn around
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 14, 2018
Since June we have had a huge turn around with management for the good. The resident care staff has improved and running better then ever. Since I started here I’ve seen a big difference in these last few months and can’t wait to see what the future brings!
Former emplyee
Culinary Director (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COOctober 21, 2018
This is a cut throat company. Manager lies Residents pay a lot of money to live here and you only get to spend $5.00 a day on the for food drinks. The menu is made by us food and it is all pasta chicken or pork. It’s a bad bad situation there
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Anything Peregine and mangment
Official response from Peregrine Senior Living
November 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your time and talents with Peregrine.

Feel free to correspond with us using this email:
Peregrine@peregrine-companies.com

Colonie Poor management unskilled staffing
null (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Colonie, this place is a disaster waiting to happen. Those poor patients that pay thousands to live there do not get the care they pay for. Short staffed ALWAYS. Inexperienced non-certified aides giving your loved ones medication they have no clue what for. Medication errors out the bazoo. Turnover is extremely high because no one has a clue what they are doing including the unprofessional top nurse. Walk in unannounced! Management has a huge turnover since opening day.. Beware of placing your loved one in this facility. The positive reviews for this facility are falsified.
Pros
null
Cons
null
Laid back but terrible management and lack of consideration
Aide (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 20, 2018
Easy going job but management does not care. They take advantage of you while paying you as little as possible. Trick you into working more hours because they suck at keeping people so everything is put on the employees shoulder. Managers come in for like 5 hrs a day, look pretty, and leave. Not only that but the residents don't get anything that they have paid for. Over 100,000 coming in monthly and all they can afford is canned food
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Managers are always gone, lack of communication, poor pay
friendly, warm and welcoming work place!
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 11, 2018
Working here has been a life changing experience! The staff is always willing to lend a helping hand and has the residents best interest at heart 24/7.
Pros
good hours, good breaks, friendly coworkers
A positive work experience :)
Med Passer (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJune 11, 2018
The Athenaeum is one of the best facilities I have ever worked at. Coworkers are great and work well together. Scheduling can be tough at times but other arrangements can usually be made as staff members are pretty flexible. I would highly recommend The Athenaeum to anyone new to healthcare especially as there is a lot of be learned here!
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Pay and benefits
Peregrine at Cheektowaga
Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 31, 2018
I have been with the Peregrine Community for 11 years and I will never leave! Working with the Peregrine team has been one of the the biggest blessings in my life. I have never worked with such a wonderful, caring people. I love coming to the community every day! The residents always welcome you with smiles and hugs! Our corporate office is always available along with our management team!
This is not work, this is family!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great benefit packages, great staff
Awful upper management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 23, 2018
Don’t tell you what job is really going to be, way more work then what they tell you in interview. Administrator is awful, acts friendly then you hear them talking bad about staff. People pay too much money for what they get
Crimson Ridge is Family
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
Crimson Ridge is one big family. I love the people we serve and the people I work with in both assisted living and memory care. Management cares about the residents a lot.
Rewarding place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2018
Enjoyed the staff and the flexibility. Great place to work that was very rewarding. Made long term friends. Connected with the guests who all appreciated the treatment they received.
great management and community
manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2018
Great opportunity. Great people enjoyed each day. always learning. Would recommend friends. No complaints. Do not believe the negative reviews after working here. Glad I ignored them and applied.
Residents and their families always come first in Clifton Park
Director (Current Employee) –  MarketingMay 17, 2018
I've never been in a work environment whose leader (executive director) is filled with a professionalism that exudes sincerity and kindness that is then disseminated to our residents and staff alike. The directors form an incredible A-Team attitude and are always there doing what's best for the community-at-large and the families whose loved ones are here as well as each other. Another shout out to our Director of Resident Care who is the consummate professional and has our residents' needs as a top priority.
Glenwood is different
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 7, 2018
I have worked at Peregrine just after it opened and I will say that the upper management has a commitment to get better and to improve. It is difficult to find good help in Glenwood because it is a mountain and tourist town and not a whole lot of people here are experienced.

The management has been replaced and I like the new director and the upper management person who is here trying to get things up and running like they need to be. You are always going to find people who complain about money, the mangers and the difficult job caring for the elderly, but this is a small town and I have a good reputation so I put my head down and do the work and get past any drama. I love the residents and getting to know them and their families are the best.

Pergrine is a good place to work, and I feel it is getting better and better.
Pros
New Management, residents, location
Cons
people not committed to their job, complainers
Upper management out for themselfs
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 4, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anybody as a job or for Families upper management talked down to you. They would tell you to do something and if it came back from corporate that that wasn't correct they would blame you for the mistake.
Pros
Residents and salary
Hard to work for, hard to watch
QMAP/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 28, 2018
There have been many care places I have worked for that didn't follow the state guidelines for how to correctly do their jobs- but this was by far the worst. I was stunned at the mannerisms and tactics used not only on the staff but on the residents who paid to live there as well. Very unprofessional, very stressful, completely unthoughtful to the residents. I would not recommend working here, NOR placing a loved one in their care, simply because even if the care-staff are thoughtful, the rules and agenda of Peregrine are laid out SOLELY for the benefit of the company, to make money- and NOT to protect the rights of those living there. Disappointing.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Management, attitude, expectations of convenience for management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peregrine Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.