Peregrine Senior Living Employee Reviews

Colonie Poor management unskilled staffing
null (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Colonie, this place is a disaster waiting to happen. Those poor patients that pay thousands to live there do not get the care they pay for. Short staffed ALWAYS. Inexperienced non-certified aides giving your loved ones medication they have no clue what for. Medication errors out the bazoo. Turnover is extremely high because no one has a clue what they are doing including the unprofessional top nurse. Walk in unannounced! Management has a huge turnover since opening day.. Beware of placing your loved one in this facility. The positive reviews for this facility are falsified.
Pros
null
Cons
null
Laid back but terrible management and lack of consideration
Aide (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 20, 2018
Easy going job but management does not care. They take advantage of you while paying you as little as possible. Trick you into working more hours because they suck at keeping people so everything is put on the employees shoulder. Managers come in for like 5 hrs a day, look pretty, and leave. Not only that but the residents don't get anything that they have paid for. Over 100,000 coming in monthly and all they can afford is canned food
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Managers are always gone, lack of communication, poor pay
friendly, warm and welcoming work place!
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 11, 2018
Working here has been a life changing experience! The staff is always willing to lend a helping hand and has the residents best interest at heart 24/7.
Pros
good hours, good breaks, friendly coworkers
A positive work experience :)
Med Passer (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJune 11, 2018
The Athenaeum is one of the best facilities I have ever worked at. Coworkers are great and work well together. Scheduling can be tough at times but other arrangements can usually be made as staff members are pretty flexible. I would highly recommend The Athenaeum to anyone new to healthcare especially as there is a lot of be learned here!
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Pay and benefits
Amazing company
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 7, 2018
I absolutely love coming to work everyday! The residents are like my second family! Everyone I work with is amazing and is always helping out when needed. We all work as a team and we all make sure each and every resident is very well taken care of! I would recommend working here to anyone who finds pride in making others feel loved and cared for!
Pros
Knowing you make a difference
Cons
Na
Challenging and rewarding job
Cook (Current Employee) –  The AthenaeumJune 4, 2018
My job at The Athenaeum is rewarding in many ways. As a cook I cater to the individual needs of the residents, give support to staff , and interact with family members. Management is progressive & supportive. Peregrine Senior Living truly cares for their residents.
Pros
Different every day
Cons
Schedule changes often
Peregrine at Cheektowaga
Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 31, 2018
I have been with the Peregrine Community for 11 years and I will never leave! Working with the Peregrine team has been one of the the biggest blessings in my life. I have never worked with such a wonderful, caring people. I love coming to the community every day! The residents always welcome you with smiles and hugs! Our corporate office is always available along with our management team!
This is not work, this is family!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great benefit packages, great staff
Awful upper management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 23, 2018
Don’t tell you what job is really going to be, way more work then what they tell you in interview. Administrator is awful, acts friendly then you hear them talking bad about staff. People pay too much money for what they get
Crimson Ridge is Family
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
Crimson Ridge is one big family. I love the people we serve and the people I work with in both assisted living and memory care. Management cares about the residents a lot.
Rewarding place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2018
Enjoyed the staff and the flexibility. Great place to work that was very rewarding. Made long term friends. Connected with the guests who all appreciated the treatment they received.
great management and community
manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2018
Great opportunity. Great people enjoyed each day. always learning. Would recommend friends. No complaints. Do not believe the negative reviews after working here. Glad I ignored them and applied.
Residents and their families always come first in Clifton Park
Director (Current Employee) –  MarketingMay 17, 2018
I've never been in a work environment whose leader (executive director) is filled with a professionalism that exudes sincerity and kindness that is then disseminated to our residents and staff alike. The directors form an incredible A-Team attitude and are always there doing what's best for the community-at-large and the families whose loved ones are here as well as each other. Another shout out to our Director of Resident Care who is the consummate professional and has our residents' needs as a top priority.
Glenwood is different
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 7, 2018
I have worked at Peregrine just after it opened and I will say that the upper management has a commitment to get better and to improve. It is difficult to find good help in Glenwood because it is a mountain and tourist town and not a whole lot of people here are experienced.

The management has been replaced and I like the new director and the upper management person who is here trying to get things up and running like they need to be. You are always going to find people who complain about money, the mangers and the difficult job caring for the elderly, but this is a small town and I have a good reputation so I put my head down and do the work and get past any drama. I love the residents and getting to know them and their families are the best.

Pergrine is a good place to work, and I feel it is getting better and better.
Pros
New Management, residents, location
Cons
people not committed to their job, complainers
Upper management out for themselfs
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 4, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anybody as a job or for Families upper management talked down to you. They would tell you to do something and if it came back from corporate that that wasn't correct they would blame you for the mistake.
Pros
Residents and salary
Hard to work for, hard to watch
QMAP/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 28, 2018
There have been many care places I have worked for that didn't follow the state guidelines for how to correctly do their jobs- but this was by far the worst. I was stunned at the mannerisms and tactics used not only on the staff but on the residents who paid to live there as well. Very unprofessional, very stressful, completely unthoughtful to the residents. I would not recommend working here, NOR placing a loved one in their care, simply because even if the care-staff are thoughtful, the rules and agenda of Peregrine are laid out SOLELY for the benefit of the company, to make money- and NOT to protect the rights of those living there. Disappointing.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Management, attitude, expectations of convenience for management.
Above the competition
Director (Current Employee) –  NYApril 24, 2018
Great small company to work for that hold up a strong spiritual culture with emphasis on family values. Not a huge corporate game where many employees don’t have a voice, much less a name.
They will use you and then spit you out.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 19, 2018
This is a money making scheme, plain and simple. They opened the facility before construction was complete. During my time there a resident got sick when her heater broke down and the engineer on call refused to come in and fix it, in January, in the rockies. The Corporate office would visit from time to time, they expected to be treated like royalty, and made a point to make their workers feel like underlings.

If you do decide to work there, make it temporary, they will take everything from you spiritually and physically.
Cons
Hours, management
The love of your Career
Director (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 19, 2018
Peregrine has been born and grown from the heart and managed with professionalism, compassion and an ongoing commitment to exceed in all aspects of caring for our aging population. It is a privilege to be able to know and engage with our residents and their families in their home. Additionally, there is a genuine warmth and love you feel with our entire work family.
Best Job I’ve Ever Had
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 29, 2018
This job is the best I’ve ever had! The teamwork we have is absolutely amazing. I can always depend on my co workers!! We have a strong communication system in place. I love working with the elderly and making a difference in their lives. The quality of care that the residents receive is the best I’ve seen. The residents come first just as they should! This job gives me so much joy and I plan on working here until retirement.
Pros
Team work
A rewarding job because you can make a difference in someones life
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 18, 2018
A typical day at work is update all resident rosters and employee contact list and give to each manager. Set up interviews for the Executive Director, check references. Get all paperwork together for resident Dr.'s appointments, Answer phones and take inquiries for the Sales and Marketing department. Set up tours of the building for potential residents and family members. Deal one on one with the residents. Help with projects for staff members.
Pros
Very rewarding in making a resident feel better just by talking to them
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peregrine Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.