Peregrine Senior Living Management reviews

Horrible Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYFebruary 4, 2019
The residents are amazing, but the management is severely poor. Employees are treated unfairly, are punished for wanting an unpaid and uninterrupted lunch, and are ridiculouled for the slightest mistake. I highly recommend you work some where else.
Mega experience but won’t hire because nurse manager has a personal vendetta.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 9, 2018
Highly qualified nurses are not hired because the senior nurse manager has a personal vendetta against them. Sad as turnover is always high here.....
Pros
Null
Cons
Null
Very good management huge turn around
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 14, 2018
Since June we have had a huge turn around with management for the good. The resident care staff has improved and running better then ever. Since I started here I’ve seen a big difference in these last few months and can’t wait to see what the future brings!
Colonie Poor management unskilled staffing
null (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Colonie, this place is a disaster waiting to happen. Those poor patients that pay thousands to live there do not get the care they pay for. Short staffed ALWAYS. Inexperienced non-certified aides giving your loved ones medication they have no clue what for. Medication errors out the bazoo. Turnover is extremely high because no one has a clue what they are doing including the unprofessional top nurse. Walk in unannounced! Management has a huge turnover since opening day.. Beware of placing your loved one in this facility. The positive reviews for this facility are falsified.
Pros
null
Cons
null
Laid back but terrible management and lack of consideration
Aide (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 20, 2018
Easy going job but management does not care. They take advantage of you while paying you as little as possible. Trick you into working more hours because they suck at keeping people so everything is put on the employees shoulder. Managers come in for like 5 hrs a day, look pretty, and leave. Not only that but the residents don't get anything that they have paid for. Over 100,000 coming in monthly and all they can afford is canned food
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Managers are always gone, lack of communication, poor pay
Peregrine at Cheektowaga
Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 31, 2018
I have been with the Peregrine Community for 11 years and I will never leave! Working with the Peregrine team has been one of the the biggest blessings in my life. I have never worked with such a wonderful, caring people. I love coming to the community every day! The residents always welcome you with smiles and hugs! Our corporate office is always available along with our management team!
This is not work, this is family!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great benefit packages, great staff
Awful upper management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 23, 2018
Don’t tell you what job is really going to be, way more work then what they tell you in interview. Administrator is awful, acts friendly then you hear them talking bad about staff. People pay too much money for what they get
Residents and their families always come first in Clifton Park
Director (Current Employee) –  MarketingMay 17, 2018
I've never been in a work environment whose leader (executive director) is filled with a professionalism that exudes sincerity and kindness that is then disseminated to our residents and staff alike. The directors form an incredible A-Team attitude and are always there doing what's best for the community-at-large and the families whose loved ones are here as well as each other. Another shout out to our Director of Resident Care who is the consummate professional and has our residents' needs as a top priority.
Glenwood is different
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 7, 2018
I have worked at Peregrine just after it opened and I will say that the upper management has a commitment to get better and to improve. It is difficult to find good help in Glenwood because it is a mountain and tourist town and not a whole lot of people here are experienced.

The management has been replaced and I like the new director and the upper management person who is here trying to get things up and running like they need to be. You are always going to find people who complain about money, the mangers and the difficult job caring for the elderly, but this is a small town and I have a good reputation so I put my head down and do the work and get past any drama. I love the residents and getting to know them and their families are the best.

Pergrine is a good place to work, and I feel it is getting better and better.
Pros
New Management, residents, location
Cons
people not committed to their job, complainers
Upper management out for themselfs
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 4, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anybody as a job or for Families upper management talked down to you. They would tell you to do something and if it came back from corporate that that wasn't correct they would blame you for the mistake.
Pros
Residents and salary
Hard to work for, hard to watch
QMAP/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 28, 2018
There have been many care places I have worked for that didn't follow the state guidelines for how to correctly do their jobs- but this was by far the worst. I was stunned at the mannerisms and tactics used not only on the staff but on the residents who paid to live there as well. Very unprofessional, very stressful, completely unthoughtful to the residents. I would not recommend working here, NOR placing a loved one in their care, simply because even if the care-staff are thoughtful, the rules and agenda of Peregrine are laid out SOLELY for the benefit of the company, to make money- and NOT to protect the rights of those living there. Disappointing.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Management, attitude, expectations of convenience for management.
They will use you and then spit you out.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 19, 2018
This is a money making scheme, plain and simple. They opened the facility before construction was complete. During my time there a resident got sick when her heater broke down and the engineer on call refused to come in and fix it, in January, in the rockies. The Corporate office would visit from time to time, they expected to be treated like royalty, and made a point to make their workers feel like underlings.

If you do decide to work there, make it temporary, they will take everything from you spiritually and physically.
Cons
Hours, management
A rewarding job because you can make a difference in someones life
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 18, 2018
A typical day at work is update all resident rosters and employee contact list and give to each manager. Set up interviews for the Executive Director, check references. Get all paperwork together for resident Dr.'s appointments, Answer phones and take inquiries for the Sales and Marketing department. Set up tours of the building for potential residents and family members. Deal one on one with the residents. Help with projects for staff members.
Pros
Very rewarding in making a resident feel better just by talking to them
Cons
health care
Bad management
Caregiver /QMAP (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2017
Peregrine senior living is a beautiful facility but the management sucks. The management does care about your schedule and aren't really involved with the residents which is horrible considering that its such a small facility