PERFECTVISION

PERFECTVISION Employee Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Little Rock, AR12 reviews

goodmanagementgreatjobworktimeenvironmentpeople

Not happy

starting with this company, I loved working there!!! But you learn more about the environment while there. A lot of management there are unfair and you will find yourself doing all the work and someone else gets the rise or promotion. It's really sad.

Pros

HR was great!!!!! The company as a whole was nice just not the dept I worked in

Cons

no room to move up

No Culture

Managers think very highly of themselves, but not so much for their charges. You learn very quickly that it's a dictatorship. Hours are great and so was the wage. The culture made both insignificant. Management believes in intimidation over development.

PERFECTVISION insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Account Supervisor

This is the worst company to work for. If your not in the click with management you will not make it there. The company is ran by male whiores and if your not will to sleep your way to the top don’t apply or work there

Pros

Cons

Worse place to work for

Not the family they claim to be

PV does one thing very well, hold meetings. Basically the entire company exists to sell DIrect TV franchises and ATT products, it’s a corporate middle-man. The entire premise began from modifying and repackaging the designs of other companies. Now they push franchise opportunities for outdated entertainment services. They talk a LOT about the importance of their employees but don’t actually follow through. The pay and benefits are decent, except they change insurance providers every 6 months. This is NOT the place for a long term career. The staff is largely incompetent, the management irresponsible, and most people are only there because they’re near retirement and don’t want to change careers so late in life. The company is struggling to remain relevant and it’s not a good environment if you’re serious about wanting job security.

Pros

Decent pay, benefits

Cons

Poor management; failing business; constant misinformation

If your white, youll fit right in.

Perfect Vision could of been a great place to work, except for the "southern good ol boy" mentality of ALL its management. If your a person of any other color except white, they will hire you ( kinda have to due to largest contracts with Multinational Companies) but will never ever make you feel welcome. They will "accept" you until they don't need you, or had a bad sales month. Compensation - normal practice is to change bonus structure in middle of bonus period. Most management here never even finished college, some came from other companies they ran into the ground. Long live the South.

Pros

Good exposure and pretty much left alone

Cons

Good ol boy culture

Great experience that you will gain

Awesome company, but they have a lot of changes being implemented. I would like to see more job security and stability with the company's staff. The company culture is one of a kind and the management is very friendly and knowledgeable of the company.

You can do better...

Little to no formal job training in most departments with high performance expectations...particularly in Sales. Goals conflict with reality daily. Annual sales convention isn’t really to celebrate sales people...just the most-liked and appreciated within the company...mostly those outside of Sales. Lack-luster health insurance (large deductibles), clique culture in some departments. Senior management is great (especially the CEO), but some lower level management seem to enjoy exercising psychological intimidation and should not be directly managing people AT ALL. Most employees are very cordial, not to be confused with sincerity. Best to avoid employment here if you can... unless you’re desperate like I was at the time I joined.

Position Not as Described at Interview

You are hired to sell what they manufacture but spend 80% of your time promoting and driving their dealer base to increase their video and satellite sales/activations for the various "Specialists". This earns virtually no commissions. It is indirect sales and is more like a sales support and call center (order taker) position and only slightly like an Account Manager position. Most of your time will be spent taking orders for other territories which earns you no commission and interferes with the amount of time you have to grow your accounts. You will be pressured to make a very acceptable amount of calls if they weren't always shorthanded because of their very high turnover. Obviously, their is something wrong with the company policies, procedures and management because the pay is very fair bu they can't hold on to employees. The high turnover speaks for itself.

Official response from PERFECTVISION

September 23, 2019
As an Account Manager, selling is the job! The job description clearly lays out what the expectations are for the role. We have a team philosophy at PerfectVision, so it is expected that we help out in various territories because the company as a whole will benefit. It's not each person for them self! As for turnover, over 50% of the employees in the Inside Sales Department have been here for over 3 years and over 30% of the employees have been here for over 5 years. We have some that have been here for 20 years. That's something we are very proud of!

Great people but management is not accountable

The people you work with are great. I created long lasting friendships. Management can be better. It is very hard to move up and they are very tight fist with giving you a raise when you deserve it.

Pros

Great people.

Cons

Management accountability

Great Satellite Company

A great company if you want to learn and do it all yourself. Little or no internal communication, product management, and training is minimal. On-boarding is less than a week and confusing to new people. Management seems focused on other segments of the business and distracted. Workplace culture has deep political roots and tasks aren't completed without name dropping making it hard to accomplish goals without having an inside advocate.

Pros

great satellite company

Cons

un attainable sales goals

You would be better off staying unemployed - no job security

Since this employer has no Union, if management doesn't like you or feel you're expendable, they will find any reason to get rid of you or replace you. Don't make the mistake of working for this privately owned company. The only way to be promoted is if you partake in the management's buddy system. If you're a brown-noser, more power to you, but I can't stand the idea of faking I like someone. As an employee, you're their toy soldier - no lateral movement. You're enforced by whatever means to do what you're told or get discharged. The direct supervisor's evaluations on my performance was a joke, and you're never praised for anything good you do, they only focus on your mistakes. The direct supervisor prevented me from getting a raise after being employed for a year. An unprofessional, no holds barred profit-driven company plus a lousy customer base with an entitlement mentality to match equals poor unethical business practices and the employees suffer for unattainable profit goals not met. Don't waste your time being their slave.

Cons

no job security, unprofessional, management buddy system, no lateral movement, no raise

– September 30, 2014
We are a company that values the input of our employees in the day-to-day work they perform. Without our team, we would not be a successful, growing business. We continue to grow through the development and promotion of our team members. We've had team members start out in the warehouse environment and move up the ladder of success to management positions. We've had team members move to other positions in other locations around the country. There are plenty of opportunities for growth if you are willing to do your best in your current role. We also want to hear from our employees through the many avenues of communication, including an anonymous electronic suggestion box, quarterly employee satisfaction surveys and an open door policy straight to the CEO. We thank you for taking the time to share a review and we wish you the best of luck as you continue to seek other opportunities that are a better fit for your skill set.

Stay Away - Poor Business Practices

Worst career mistake you could ever make. Good 'Ol Boy organization Unprofessional. No vision. Poor management combined with reptilian business practices. Paper-thin credentials -- do not peek behind the curtain! Having had association with this company, the distinct lesson learned is not to work for a privately owned company ever again -- at least not one of this caliber. Entangled customer relationships; liberally lubricated, appears to be the operating standard. Do not come here for LEAN and Green – just cheap and plentiful. Summary: This company is a minor-scope, profit-motivated distributor of cheaply manufactured items from China.

Pros

Cons

low rent all the way...

– September 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We wish you the best of luck as you continue to seek other opportunities that are a better fit for your skill set.