Perficient, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
ERP practice very immature and unprofessional
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
the leadership in the ERP practice is immature and unprofessional. They will not back their consultants and they will use their consultants as the reason for why there are issues or projects are at risk, instead of acknowledging that they did a very poor job at assessing the clients needs and over-committed what they could accomplish. they also underbid all their projects, in order to gain more business. Once they have a client signed and project begins, consultants are unable to meet the deadlines and are encouraged not to charge the actual hours they are working to meet unreasonable deadlines.
Pros
Cons
too many to list here
Great Company
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 29, 2018
Great company with great professional. May require a good deal of travel at times, but if you are okay with that, it offers great learning opportunities and great way to use your skills to improve a customer's business operations.
N/a
Associate Technical consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2018
Good Place to work but sometimes you miss your work/life balance and also need to work on altogether a new technology which u have no background on that is hard, but we can't complain.
Rewarding and challenging work environment
Senior Project Manager/SME (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
A substantial amount of travel was required but the assignments were so great that it was a joy. Always worked with great clients and management was very accomadating to personal requirements when they arose
Pros
Cons
Travel
Good company but public
Senior Technical Consultant / GSA Architect (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
Remote work was very convenient and productive. However, since it is publicly traded, every team was under pressure to be profitable every quarter. Otherwise, it was an interesting company to work for.
Good place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2018
Perficient is a good place to work. There are opportunities to advance though in my experience you need to self-advocate quite a bit. There are opportunities for training but they are not consistent from area to area. Travel is a large part of the job so expect that. You can learn a lot working for this company. Long hours and high stress projects are the hardest part of the job but sometime required.
Pros
Great benefits, training (if in the right area), great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, high stress project (but usually not the norm), high amount of travel usually required
Great Company
Lead Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2018
Fun place to work for. Mostly remote work. Great benefits. Ok pay. My boss was awesome. Honest and outspoken. Great communication with team members and higher ups
Pros
Work Remote
Cons
time management
Not a very good place to work at
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2018
My personal experience at Perficient wasn't all that great. I come from a development background however was asked to work on a BPM tool called Pega.
The workplace culture is alright i guess. Me and my team spent most of our time either client side (4 days a week) or WFH.
Being my first job i had expected a bit more assistance from the senior members like shadowing , etc. instead i was asked to take a tutorial course on the BPM tool and obtain the necessary certification.
Despite having obtained two certifications w.r.t the tool and having done all the tasks that were asked of me i was laid off without any warning.
At the time of the lay off my H-1B petition was pending a decision. Since obtaining the H-1B work visa is so difficult because of the lottery i pleaded with the company to just wait for the decision to come. I was even willing to work without pay for that period of time but the company did not show me any compassion and instead withdrew my H-1B petition.
The only good part of the company imo is that even after leaving the company, their HR and immigration teams are pretty responsive. They worked with me and helped me out a lot in obtaining my reference/experience letters based on y time spent there.
Pros
Responsive HR & immigration
Cons
No help from senior members, steep learning curve
Review
Lead Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2018
Great place to work for. Great people. Unfortunately not a lot of projects lined up
Co-workers are easy to work with. Growing company with Business Unites
Pros
Work from home
Cons
ERP Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2018
Many good possibilities exist when business is thriving. However, like any consulting company, everything depends upon being awarded contracts. THE Detroit LBU was very supportive, but the business did not justify my position.
A place with life and work balance
Business Operations Manger (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 9, 2017
Perficient's management team encourages a healthy work and life balance. They understand that employee's have lives outside of the office. One benefit of working at the company is they offer 1 paid day off per quarter that can be used for any reason in addition to the regular PTO time.
Pros
Work and life balance
Cons
Health care insurance options are expensive and have high deductibles
No job security
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2017
If they have project they will keep you. Otherwise you are gone. No matter how you perform. No matter how dedicated are you. No matter how your relation with the people is.
Not a good place to work
Delivery Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2017
Do not care for their employees and their work/life balance. Being a consulting company they have a very bad sales team therefore there are very few client opportunities.
I love working in Perficient, and managers, colleagues are easy going and nice to work with.
Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2017
I joined Perficient in 2008, so far i really enjoyed my time working in Perficient. Managers care about your career development and work/life balance, and all the leads i have worked with are really easy going. You won't feel depressed or stressed working with Perficient.
What have you done for me lately company
Director, Implementation Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
Very poor culture with management constantly breathing down employees' necks and causing employees to be very uncomfortable and fearful of being let go at any time.
Technical focused consulting firm
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2017
Many of the people who work here are highly technical and can really mentor a junior technical person. Many of the managers understand the difficulties of technical work.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table, literally.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2017
Requires frequent errands and overtime. Heavy workload in relaxed environment. Overall great place to work with friendly colleagues using teamwork to excel in an expanding market.
Fun workplace and great culture
Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2017
Communication within department was great.
Fun place to work
deadlines were always tight which made is slightly stressful
great place to work as a entry leve
Pros
flexible hours, great workplace environment
Cons
low pay
Horrible
Senior Business Consultant - TIAA-CREF (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
Left a job that I had for 6 years to work with them as a consultant in the financial services industry. Had a project where things were fine with the exception of one manager and the contract was ended early. No feed back, no explanation. After not hearing anything for a month they released me. No feed back, nothing. It was the worst decision I have ever made.
Very talented people
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Perficience is an excellent consulting form with talented indivisuals. There was not a lot of work for me as a consultant, but I was impressed with their skill and professionalsim
Pros
Talented people
Cons
Not enough work