Perficient Employee Reviews

Double Check Everything
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2018
The recruiting staff is very friendly and eager to sell Perficient. However, you should double check all the sales pitched items with your potential manager/supervisor as they do not universally apply. Some of the departments do not cohesively work together and that can make for stressful times. Some members of management are ill-suited for their necessary duties and lack the proper inter-personnel skills to make their teams perform better. Company has tremendous upside, however, until they install the right fit people in critical positions I would not recommend putting your career path in their hands.
Pros
Company growth, nice building
Cons
Not providing work life balance, poor leadership, poor inter-departmental communications
no job life balance
DataStage Consultant (Former Employee) –  All over the USAugust 30, 2018
Travel to many locations over the two years staying usually Monday through Thursday or Friday. Projects were short for the most part only lasting two to four months.
Difficult manager who causes a high rate of turn over.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2018
This company has positions that are revolving doors. The manager can not be pleased and there is no chance of remaining long term. He is a hard to please cantankerous individual who is intolerant of anyone requiring training so asking a question as a new person is out of the question. Success is measured by how much he complains. Doesn't that just warm your heart?
Pros
salary is fair
Cons
The boss, and buyer beware.
The promise is there need to mature
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2018
The corporate team seams more approachable and more professional than their middle management team. They go through a periodical cycle of layoffs that happen shortly after they report the pass years revenue. Great place to be if your a supply chain professional.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
A bit clickish
Decent company with diverse interests
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 6, 2018
Continuing education is highly endorsed to the point where most requests for training are granted. There can be lots of travel or relocation options as well as remote work and corporate office environments.
Pros
good benefits, pay, work life balance, and travel
Cons
occasional lack of projects
Probably a good place to work if you have no experience or options
Senior tech lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 22, 2018
The management is hands off - as long as clients don't complain, management is non existent. They overload projects with excessive numbers of inexperienced workers with little ot no experience and blow through project budgets with idle bodies to increase the hourly Bill rate. They will also expect you to double dip on multiple projects, but no increase in compensation.

If you have no other place to work, or have no experience, it's a tolerable place to fill a gap. Benefits are terrible, and use your vacation before you quit because they don't carry over hours.
Pros
They are always desperate for experienced workers
Cons
Terrible place to work and your project budget will be blown well before the project is delivered
No job security
Associate Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 17, 2018
join this company at your own risk of job security
you may be out without any reason.poor management.
you never know what will happen to your job if you are on bench.
Good Company to work for, but not a ton of advancement opportunities
Automation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48152May 16, 2018
The Companies advancement is based merely on time spent working at the company. Not based on skills, project, or current position. This makes it very difficult to switch between teams and get compensated for the work you actually do.
Pros
Great work culture, people are awesome, lots of fun company activities
Cons
Benefits aren't the greatest, time off is capped at 80 hours (if you don't use it you lose it), it is hard to advance and get the compensated for what you are worth
An experience...
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2018
I learned, no matter how hard you try to help a team succeed, sometimes there's just no way to get through to people that don't want it.

The hardest part of the job was that I was never really allowed to do mine or given the opportunity to fail.

I was fortunate enough to attain two certifications.
The team I worked with was supportive, collaborative and focused on adding value to the client.
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
My days were spent onsite supporting the client. I felt the client believed our team brought value to their organization and looked to us for leadership and guidance. Our internal team was amazing and warm, like family. We all worked together to support each other's efforts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with budgetary constraints of the client causing holds on projects that we were assigned to and not knowing how funding would impact our futures. Additionally, the client was large and at times there was a lot of bureacracy to navigate through in order to get efforts executed.
Can work on interesting projects, but lots of pressure to bill time
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
The company I was working for was acquired by Perficient Digital. We mostly kept our startup culture, but we had to take on their outdated looking management portal. Daily time entry plus a constant push to reach our billable utilization target led to feeling like we were "resources" instead of people.

There are very smart people and the work can be fun if you don't get included on maintaining any of the really old projects. My only experience is with the mobile team.
Pros
Fun coworkers, fun parties
Cons
Low compensation
Fun, hard working, intelligent employees
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2018
My time at Perficient was limited due to a new career opportunity, but the entire experience was a positive one.

Teammates were hard working and fun to work with.
Watch your back!
Corp Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
Management is deceitful - watch your back. They will lie to your face. Management is terrible at this company. No advancement. If you are starting fresh out of college, good place to get used to work politics and all the other BS that comes with working with a publicly traded company.
Pros
co-workers are in the same boat as you
Cons
management is terrible, deceitful practices. Beware.
Worked remote
Lead Technical Consultant - Lead DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at work was in office. I was an mentor to a team. Management was great. Culture was team based. The hardest part was driving distance. Enjoyable part was mentoring the team.
Pros
Good peope.
summary review
NA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2017
my location is a diverse place to work. life and work balance are on par with cultural expectations. I would recommend working there. I enjoy my time at Perficient.
perficient
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 22, 2017
on the road all the time, management not in tune, sent in to fix items that others could not do, by myself, very stressfull, expectations were set too high, and could not achieve
relaxed work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 18, 2017
I great place to work. Friendly staff and fun relaxed environment. I had a good work/life balance and helpful co-workers. Needed a better training system and set-up.
National company makes it hard to advance
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN; Boston; St Louis; DenverAugust 1, 2017
Perficient is a national company and you have the opportunity to work in multiple states, if desired. While more and more projects are with employees from different regional offices, getting recognized and promoted when in a location other than your region proved difficult.
Work there at your own risk
Expense Auditor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2017
Worked there for 1.5 yrs. I hired as an expense auditor. Once hired I was expected to clean up after adults. People are rude - was told shut my mouth.
Pros
Cons
Only the favorites get ahead
Not so attractive once you are on board
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 7, 2017
The recruiters will picture the perfect job opportunity for you but, at the end, you're just one asset more that, while you're billing, you are the best friend of the company but when you're on the bench, the management would see you as a company's ballast and would feel they want to get rid of you asap.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
You are just a number in the company, if you're billing you're okay, if you are on the bench then you're all by yourself and chances are they will let you go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perficient. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss