Performance Medical Supply Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to work, team oriented
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Point, OHDecember 11, 2017
I've worked at some places that are high stress and for some horrible power happy managers. This company is stress free, the employees are very team oriented and each branch is more than helpful. Management is very understanding and that makes for a good work/home life balance. I get to go home each day knowing I helped our honored veterans.
Pros
stress free, rewarding, good work/home life balance
Cons
no medical insurance
productive and very friendly place to work
vehicle lift installer (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 8, 2017
love working for this company very good enviorment and nice and friendly employees.it a very good place to work. would recomend this company to anyone who is looking for a good place to work that is willing to train and educate you in the medical supply field.
Pros
paid time off and willing to train you.
Cons
Organized, fast paced and very caring company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
I have worked with Performance Medical Supply for 2.5 years. I feel that all employees are fairly compensated, as all of our staff have received merit raises. The owner of the company is very kind, caring and laid back. He understands that life happens and understands if or when you have to miss work. It is a very rewarding job. The veterans that we serve are so grateful for all of our hard work.
Pros
Fast paced environment, hard working staff and excellent upper management
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2017
I've enjoyed my time there very much, is a very relaxed place, loved the dress code, very relaxed. The management is extremely nice and the techs were great to work with.
Occupation does not match job discription
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 19, 2017
Employees are expected to be on call 24/7.
Management on phone if at shop.
No increase in pay. (employed for over 2 yrs.)
No bonuses
No management organizational skills.
Technicians expected to do all aspects of running shop.
Technicians blamed for management errors.
Pros
Have some great interactions with veterans
Cons
no benefits; no employee input to management
December 7, 2017

Employees are NOT on call 24/7. Very few calls come after hours - only true emergencies and very seldom does this happen. We at PMS are always willing to listen to our employees and wish we were given the chance to resolve issues. When an employee walks out without notice - we honestly can't help them.

Not Stable
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJune 3, 2017
Bonuses were usually something off the value menu. The owner is a transplanted Yankee who hasn't adjusted to life here. You will quickly learn the job is not as advertised.
Pros
Not many
Cons
free shirts
December 7, 2017

Bonuses are not promised to any employee - only in special circumstances. The owner has been in this area for quite a few years. With 8 locations in the South - I believe his roots are clearly defined.

Unorganized
Delivery/Technican (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2016
Needs to hire better Management ! Doesn't tell truth. Shows favoritism. Manager they hired has no real experience in management. The last several new employees that were hired did stay but a few days or week at most. Manager at this location tries to talk to employees like they were low life's but had found she can't did it and retain employees. Can't tell the truth.
Pros
Take off when needed.
Cons
No benefits, favoritism, No raises
December 8, 2017

Manager at our Louisville, KY office has plenty of experience in DME Management which is what we need. As for showing favoritism - it may be easy to think favoritism is being shown when good employees are singled out. Some employees are not aware of the hard work when they are hired - and the ones who don't realize that hard work is expected - often don't stick with the job.

Proceed with caution
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 25, 2016
PMS is the right abbreviation for this place. Once the office staff turns on you for doing your job, management is soon to follow. During my time here, it became obvious I was one of the few who was there to actually earn my paycheck. In trying to be a team player I was often taken advantage of. The chosen few don't do muchbut sit around ths office and complain about the field staff after they have overbooked them. No benefits and a bad environment. If you're looking for just a job, look somewhere else.
Pros
not many
Cons
overworked, long hours, office drama
December 7, 2017

There are employees who are hired to work with the customers in the field and employees who are hired for installation & repair in the shops. There are many, many duties for the office staff in keeping up with the jobs to include invoice entering, parts ordering, phone calls and scheduling among many more. Every job done has gone through a process via the office staff before it gets to the field.

Team workers - caring owner
Management (Current Employee) –  N. Augusta, SCApril 25, 2016
I have found PMS to be a great place to work. If you like to keep busy but work hard, then you will fit right in. Owner gives free lunches which I have never had before. I feel honored to work here.
Pros
Free lunches

Comment – April 27, 2016

please make that free lunch times - not free lunches Sorry!

I have been here over a year and have found no bad attitudes, no 'cheap boss'.

Stay away!
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 12, 2015
Stereotypical Cheap boss with a bad attitude. They will run you into the ground until you cant go anymore.. Then make up a reason to get rid of you, then make up something to tell Unemployment. Very seasonal . Should advertise this as a temporary job. No Benefits. Just a check here people.
Pros
Come and go as you please
December 7, 2017

PTO - sick leave & vacation is provided to full-time employees. Insurance is available to anyone and small companies often cannot afford to provide it. Unemployment is not available to employees who quit without just cause. Veterans need our medical equipment year-round - not a seasonal job.

Sterotypical bad place
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 20, 2015
Owner is cheap ahole.. His way or the highway no matter how trajic or demented.. they will burn you out thenfind a replacement. .
Pros
start when you want
Cons
no benefits, cheap owner, long crazy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Performance Medical Supply Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Performance Medical Supply Inc Reviews by Location