PERFORMANCE PHYSICAL THERAPY Employee Reviews

Not good corporate decision making
Territory Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 17, 2018
CEO's expectations for a Marketing Manager far exceeded the job description. I love a challenge, but the communication was lacking greatly at Performance Physical Therapy.
Fun, friendly place to work and advance in your career.
Exercise Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RISeptember 5, 2018
I LOVED this place. Although I was just an intern, I was greeted with open arms. I learned so much about my aspiring PT career, and this job affirmed it is the perfect field for me. I learned all about Clinicient Insight EMR, dry needling, traction, and Estim. All of my coworkers were AWESOME, knowledgeable, and inspiring.
Pros
Lenient work environment, lengthy breaks
Work Day
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAAugust 14, 2018
A typical work's day would be busy in the morning, but a bit slower in the afternoon, but it would be fun working there to be honest. The people I worked with did not have an issue when I would sing, they would be very helpful with us as employees and with the patients
Productive and fun workplace
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2018
Performance Physical Therapy was an amazing place to start my healthcare /rehabilitation career. I enjoyed the clients and the learning experience. I look forward to running into my old co workers in the near future.
Pros
Work environment is stress free and the clients make your day go by pretty fast.
Cons
Not many cons that I can think about besides clients kissing appointments.
Team
Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2018
At PPT you always feel like you are part of a team. You can go to any of the other clinicians with questions or to bounce treatment ideas off of and not worry about feeling less competent. Excellent diversity of patients and staff members with varying areas of knowledge and specialties.
Na
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 26, 2018
It was a great place to work. Sports always on the tv and great people to work with all the time. Even the patients were great. Unfortunately it was not full time
Give it a few weeks
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 8, 2017
This is an edited review from earlier this summer. I had high hopes for this job, but it turned out to be extremely cut-throat. Barely three weeks into my employment with Performance, I was all the sudden let go without any warning because upper management felt I wasn't catching on quick enough. Even though I was beginning to feel it wasn't the right job for me, I would've appreciated some sort of warning. The environment of this place starts off friendly, but quickly turns into being cut-throat and in the end is all about money. The woman who trained me was terrible. She spent more time talking about her personal life/being on her phone than she did training me on anything. Extremely unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone. I've noticed that the turnover rate seems to be getting worse and worse.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Cut throat
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 21, 2017
I used to love working for this company have been there for almost 2 years now. Everyone is great to work with..front desk and therapist wise. Higher ups made it hard to have a positive and good day. Will ask for your advice and ideas but will never apply them as good as they are. Never appreciate their workers either. It is what it is.
If you are not looking for advancement
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 15, 2017
Management does not know how to manage nor make sure employees have what they need to do there job. HR director is very condescending and not professional at all. No confidentiality if you decide to leave this company. She really tried to discuss a conversation we had with the 2 other administrators in the room when I told them the job was not a fit for me. I left a job paying much more money to come and try to help them out of the major mess they had. And they think your are stupid. There benefits package is horrible especially the Health Insurance.
Pros
The View
Interesting Place
Patient Care Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 7, 2017
Typical day at work would consist of high call volume, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance and obtaining authorization. I learned a lot by working closing with my team lead and not the actual person who trained me. The management team is the issue here ( the turnover rate is pretty high). Expectations are not met from the upper team and expect they expect people to be happy with poor outcomes.The hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy while multitasking when the environment is busy. The addition of new offices will hopefully bring new positions for people to advance in their career paths and not the opposite and making people feel that they are disposable.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make friends with some of the greatest people while working hard.
Pros
co-workers, past paced environment, new phone system
Cons
PTO policy, management, training
So much awesome learning,cont ed
PTA (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 20, 2017
Fun place to work, we all got alone well. No drama! Hard focus on Manual skills & lots of opportunity to learn. This a multi-location clinic & demanded a high level of flexibility, go there on a min notice.
Pros
Hard focus on Manual skills & lots of opportunity to learn.
Cons
This a multi-location clinic & demanded a high level of flexibility
Fun place to work for
Medical Receptionist / Medical Front Office (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJuly 19, 2017
Cool place to work for enjoy working with the patients thaa come in this facilility. Learned a lot from this facility. Acquired skills here that I can carry on to other places in the medical field.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
short lunch
Learned a lot
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
Fun at first but the office manager made it stressful after a while. I am customer service oriented so I really got to know our clients. He stated that I was doing too much talking to them. But I thought I was supposed to Compassion and Empathy working in the medical field. My talks with the clients did not stop me from doing my job. I have had several clients and patients contact me expressing how much they missed me and that I was what was missing from that office
Great place and welcoming environment
Student Externship (135 Hour Program Requirement) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 23, 2017
Great friendly environment with a welcoming staff. Staff is very courteous and inviting. The front desk staff are very attentive and prompt with any request.
eventful
Shadowing a physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 12, 2017
It was nice seeing all the new patients and working alongside the physical therapist, while learning If that is what I wan ted to do after High school. It was a very nice ad fun environment.
Great start for a receptionist
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Performance, the company as a whole was good and the PT/PTAs are great, you become a family with them. Especially those that you work closely with at your designated clinic. Management was not good though. The turnover rate at the company is super high, there is no room for growth as a patient care coordinator. The company is opening so many clinics in little time that it is failing to properly get the clinics already in business up to par. Employees are fading to the back due to the rapid expansion.
Pros
Gain experience with front desk work
Cons
30 min lunch breaks, pay is not equal to the amount of work you do, management is terrible
loved the experience
Student Physical Therapy Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 30, 2017
I learned so much about the way a private Physical Therapy office is run. Handling insurance, billing, acquiring authorizations, documentation. It was an incredible eye-opener for me.
Pros
it's a small office.
Cons
it's a small office
Good Company but I'm not using my travel experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Performance Physical Therapy & Pain Center
-Greet patients and visitors. Handled all scheduling for therapists.
-Educating and marketing services to patients.
-Obtained insurance authorization and verification of benefits for treatment, answering phone and selling packages to those who didn't have insurance.
-Office manger responsibilities including: collecting payments; ordering supplies; maintenance of facilities; scanning documents into EMR computer program.
-Maintain proper referrals, scripts and authorizations for each patient's treatment.

That all is a typical day plus more eg. laundry of towels, light office cleaning.

I enjoyed my relationship with patients as the majority were authorized for long periods of time and Miss Ellie, which was our therapy dog (golden retriever) I took care of her which was fantastic.

Worked as a team, admin and therapists.

Hardest part of the job was getting everything done
Pros
M-F weekends off plus overtime
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to complete projects.
Fun place to work, great management team
Medical Billing & Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 20, 2017
I loved working with them in the billing department doing billing and credentialing. I only left due to relocation. My only criticism is that they tend to only promote people who have been there a long time regardless of skill level and the pay wasn't as competitive as other groups.
A friendly, clean, atmosphere
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 30, 2016
Learned a bit about PT, Fast Paced Place, Co-Workers made for a pleasant work atmosphere.

Scheduling and making sure patients got seen and had a good experience with exercising sometimes was a bit difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients getting better.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PERFORMANCE PHYSICAL THERAPY. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about