Performant Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

If its right for you!
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 11, 2019
Your job never feels secure unless you have the luck of the month. You will be pushed mentally, and you have to always work hard no matter what. It isn't the place for talking stay on the phone do what your told and keep management happy. Their point system sucks. And they should take more care of the employees that they have otherwise they wouldn't have such a turnover rate. If you don't think you can do the job then odds are you cant. You need to have the right mentality everyday.
Pros
benifits, stable hours.
Cons
lots of things
fun but fast-paced place to work
Processing Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 24, 2019
They do require you reach your daily and monthly goals, but that's not strange. it's what they're paying you to do. If you reach these goals, theres a bonus structure too. So you can get hundreds more on top of you hourly salary. They move you around a lot, but they are generally friendly and understanding.
Easy
Clerk lll (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2019
working here was a good experience a lot of different cultures here nice and helpful coworkers easy job steady hours i learned a lot i got this job straight out of high school and knew everyone job within in a month just the pay was unfair here
Cons
pay
Love love love it
Rs (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 30, 2019
It is what you make it. This company has never done me wrong. Ive made more every year ive been employed here. Usually when someone complains they have horrible attendance and poor work ethic.
Pros
Good hourly. Incentives. Great people.
No advancement
TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Promotions are rare. Some managers use scare tatics to get you to work. No open door policy without retaliating managers. Hiring at 16.41 an hour with no incentive as advertised.
Pros
Several
Cons
Several
Horrible Company that does not appreciate their employees
DOCUMENT CORRESPONDENCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 15, 2019
If you want to join a company that treats you as a number and how much money you can make them, than this place is for you! If you want a place that takes away your voice, ignores anything you say, and does whatever it can to protect power hungry managers, than you should apply.
The culture of the company has changed over the years
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 9, 2019
When I first started with the company in 2006 the culture was exciting and seeing people make $5,000 bonus checks a month was not only impressive, but very appealing. To me this meant that the possibility was there for the taking. After a few years I understood the job and became successful. During this time I also had the opportunity to become a manager. When I was demoted 8 years later it became clear that the atmosphere of the company was one that stunk of favoritism, inequality, negligence, one-sidedness and unfairness. In my opinion in 2017 is when the company began its nose dive. They managed to fire/force out approximately 65-70% of their production staff which were mainly tenured employees. They started a points metric based on your production, compliance and attendance. They cut our commissions and made it extremely difficult, if not impossible to bonus. It was sad to see some of my best friends either get fired or forced out. They then began their hiring campaign and doing anything and everything they can to fill their empty seats. I was eventually let go as well. After being there for so many years its sad to watch a company that you once loved just fall apart and the managers turn their backs to the employees. I feel like there is a huge disconnect between the division managers and their employees. This isnt a job that you wake up excited to go to, in fact not only will you dread it every day, but they will make sure to always remind you of your points and the potential of you getting terminated once you hit 25 points. In short, I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone,  more... unless it was for any other department besides production. Good luck.  less
Pros
Amazing, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Management overseeing production
Good place to work; just don't get used to it.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Training was a hot mess. No one could ever tell the training class where they would be the next day. The trainer himself was amazing, though. Once on the floor, my supervisors were amazing. At times it was hard to find someone to answer your questions, but I learned quickly to make friends with seasoned agents, and they were always willing to help me as well. The point system is set to where if you get sick at all during your first 3 months (or happen to have a sick kid), you will be escorted out the door in front of everyone. I would really say the point system was the only down side to the job. I love helping people, so it was sort of the perfect job for me!
Pros
Pay; Friendly Coworkers; Great Floor Supervisors
Cons
Point System; Unorganized Training
working with employees
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Although my immediate manager was problematic, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the employees, turning a negative into a positive learning experience.
Pros
positive employee attitudes
Cons
Lack of support and communication from corporate office
High pressure large call center
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORDecember 2, 2018
Management is disconnected to the working force. Politics on the work for created discontent among the employees. Movement between job levels created disproportionate salary bases.
Pros
hour lunch. Company events
Cons
Mandatory attendance regardless of health
High Turnover rate high pressure high performance environment
Account Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORNovember 30, 2018
Performant is a high performance environment, which can lead to employee stress. They try hard to balance it out with fun competitions and team building exercises. They are a highly professional company and it leads to minor discrepancies with employees standing out like a sore thumb.
Pros
Foam ball court, pool table, discounts
Cons
high pressure, high turnover rate
Great compnay to work for
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 30, 2018
I worked at Performant Financial from 1999 - 2015, my reason to leave was relocation due to personal reasons. My time working at Performant provided me with immense growth opportunities.
Performant
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORNovember 24, 2018
I loved working here for the first few years, the money was good, commission and hourly. I had an awful lead on my team for four years but the money made it worth it. The leadership slowly started declining in 2014 and progressively got worse throughout my final year 2018. Its student loan collections, in my first few years it was hard money collections then in 2014 switched to income based programs and the pay started declining on commissions, they changed the schedule completely, then in 2018 they started making commission schedule change monthly. Everything was very tumultuous and unorganized. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Declining Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 12, 2018
When I first started at Performant, overall it seemed alright. I heard it was much better in previous years from long term employees. Once the company went public, it declined. I was with Performant for almost 3 years and in that time I feel as if it significantly went down hill. It is steady work and they offer a decent benefit package.
Pros
Consistent work & benefits
Cons
Advancement, raises, and the decline
Productive fun work place
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work when you are in need of some challenge in your life that helps with your drive and determination to succeed in the work place. I think that management would have been more professional and not so much drama. Typical day would consist of me working accounts at my desk the overall people vibe was great. Some really smart, friendly people to work with that help pump you up and motivate you in the work place to be better and successful at your job.
Pros
Great team work enviornment
Cons
Managment could have conducted themselves professionally
Great management and co-workers
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 23, 2018
8am to 5pm. Company makes sure you get your breaks and lunch. Lots of restaurants in case you forget your lunch. Generous benefits and management; coworkers are there to help and answer any questions you may have pertaining to your job. They want you to be great at your job. You are involved in the meetings so you constantly know what is going on. They are even happy to promote when employees show progress.
Get HR and Management under control
employee (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 21, 2018
HR is a joke at this company. Nothing gets resolution. People can be disrespectful and report it to their managers and HR does nothing. The HR lady onsite can't even answer questions, she always has to reach out to someone else. The moral is bad and only 2 of the managers are approachable for the project I work on. Don't get me started on the Director of healthcare. Her first day she says and I quote" I don't like people" who says that in their introduction to new members. Hey she was right though, she doesn't like people, doesn't speak to people and is out right rude. She is never in office, and when she is no one ever sees her. The VP and CFO are amazing though and this is why I am still there. They are very welcoming and have an actual open door policy.
Pros
Upper MGMT is approachable
Cons
HR is not helpful
Constantly Changing and challenging work environment
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 10, 2018
Days are very long with a heavy work load. There are a lot of meetings to attend. The workplace culture is high stress as it is mostly a commission based job. The most challenging part of the job is trying to make all employees happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people be successful.
Cons
healthcare
Government Contract
Data Entry Clerk, Medical records processing (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76904September 6, 2018
Always work to do. Medical records audits for Medicare system.
Data entry of records for auditors to review. Lots of paper handling.

Customer service dealing with medical providers. Liaison with providers and Medicare.
Pros
Teamwork environment
Productive and respectful environment with lots of opportunities.
Advanced Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORAugust 28, 2018
This was an amazing job and had many positive opportunities. It taught me many skills that will be useful for the rest of my life and future employment.