Peripheral Vascular Associates Employee Reviews

Awesome comoany
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2018
Coworkers are very helpful and friendly management works well with employees worked well with schedules listened to employees and concernes loved going to work everydaaay.
Excellent on the job traiing, fast pace, everyone treats you like family
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
The training at PVA was excellent. They allowed me to ask questions without making me feel inadequate...Although the pace is sometime fast, the number one priority is the patient regardless of your position. The physicians really care about their patients and their staff. Everyone works well together because we all are accountable for our positions.
Pros
Excellent traiing and support from management and team
Rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2017
Great learning experience. Great supervisor/manager. She really worked to make sure we were trained appropriately. The work environment was pleasant, communication with peers was open and positive. There was an atmosphere of teamwork.
Stressful
Medical Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229November 1, 2017
This place is all about favoritism. It never is about your job duties and how well you do them but about how much life they can squeeze out of you with no kind of appreciation. There are no raises offered nor any growing in your position unless you are a favorite. Very rude and prejudice not a very team playing environment.
Pros
You have to learn all positions.
Cons
Not appreciated of your hard work
Stressful at times but fun
Physician Liaison/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2017
My experience was good unfortunately they laid off employees recently. My manager was great, I was involved in increasing business so most of my time was spent outside the clinic.
Unfortunately, I would not recommend this place as a good place to work.
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Corporate management is tyrannical. A thorough house cleaning is severely needed. Some great employees in the company, but most are very unhappy. Change is needed...
Pros
Wonderful doctors that truly care about their patients.
Cons
HORRIBLE corporate management. Issues throughout.
Horrible Company
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
Horrible management, High turn over. this vascular department doesn't care 2 cents about the techs here. very much a sweat shop 100%. I would not recommend to my worst enemy. def not a family orientated company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything you can imagine that could go wrong with working for a company.
Official response from Peripheral Vascular Associates
July 6, 2017

First I would like to apologize for my tardy reply. We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are really sorry that your experience at PVA did not match our intention of being a great place to work. We are taking your feedback and addressing in all the places we may have missed in delivering a great experience for you. If you would like to share more about your experience please contact me by emailing at lmontejano@pvasatx.com so we can get more specific information and address any areas in which we can improve. Thank you gain for the feedback as it helps us make PVA a better place and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Not a positive environment to work in. No growth potential.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company unless you are satisfied with getting no positive feedback from management and working long hours with no future growth potential. The only positive is the slightly better pay compared to other offices.
Great place to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2016
Working for PVA gave me the desire to work with patients on a daily basis, face to face and ease the process for their care... loved my job!
hard work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2016
Worked hard everyday and made my patients feel welcomed. Physicians were caring for patient and provided good work environment.
Fasted paced clinic providing good patient care, but little rewards for employees
Vascular technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
The work we do here is a great service to our patients. No patient is ever turned away regardless of their appointment time, if they are running late, or even if their appointment was scheduled on a different day. This aspect of the job is nice. Our clinics are always there for our patients, but the demands and expectations are far too often unrealistic and staffing is inadequate and stretched to the limit.
Pros
Great experience to learn vascular disease
Cons
High demands with minimal compensation, incentives, or rewards
Excellent team of doctors!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2015
Great team of doctors! They treat thier patients with excellent care and respect. They are experts in thier field. They treat us the employees like family.
Pros
Excellent patient care
Cons
short lunches
Horrible company
Lesd Vascular Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
Horrible management. Click-ish organization they treat you good if your in the click & if not get ready to get pushed out.
Vascular sweat shop with no acknowledgement of a good job
Pros
some of the physician/pay
Cons
too many to list
Horrible company horrible managers
Medical receptionist  (Former Employee) –  San Antonio July 10, 2013
Everything about this job was horrible. The managers doesn't know what their doing, very racist, unfriendly, unorganized company I've ever been employed with. Gained skills and experience but not something to keep long term. The doctors were awesome but the management and staff were unprofessional! They except you to overly work yourself but don't give raises, gives a hard time to get time off and treats you like your useless.
Highly respectable vascular lab and clinic with high quality services.
Lead Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2013
A typical day at work is exciting, enjoyable and offers a new fun, challenge. As a hospital vascular technologist, I meet new patients daily and excell in performing a number of different exams to many different physician's specifications.
My co-workers are amazing, friendly and also great at their jobs. I can count on them when I need something and they can certainly count on me.
The hardest part of my job is making my ultrasound machine fit into a hospital room.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my patients and leaving the room knowing I gave them the best possible quality ultrasound for an appropriate diagnosis.
Great to start your career, not very good long term
Vascular technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 17, 2013
None of the management staff is qualified to manage. All don't have a management degree, just got to that position because they have been with the company for a long time. They are plugs so you can't move up. They work you to the ground, and the pay is OK, but the managers get all the bonuses. Every location is different.
Pros
one hour lunches, stipend for uniforms
Cons
health insurance, you have to beg to get time off, zero growth potential
Good Company
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Good company to work for everyone easy to get along very team player coworkers. The only thing is to be said that i went beyound my job and not recognized for the job i was doing with not enough pay.
Cons
not enough pay
Treat their employees badly.
Ultrasound (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 24, 2012
This is a good place to learn fundamentals in vascular ultrasound, but they treat employees very badly. They are unappreciative and work you to the bone. Random layoffs as well. Don't ever cross the manager or you will lose your job.
Pros
good place for starters.
Cons
no job security.
Gained experience that helped me link growth with efficiency.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasFebruary 9, 2012
I gained many skills to name a few; active listening, patience that helped me thrive under the pressure of deadlines and to work within the demands that came with my position.
Pros
free lunches, excellent staff and physicians
Cons
not flexible when requesting time off, could have used more employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peripheral Vascular Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9